Workout card, Meso 2

Tbin

Forgive me if this has been mentioned.
Workout cards for Meso2 weeks 2 and 3: we're supposed to be lifting 75% 1RM, but the target weight amounts that are printed out are actually 70%.

(I think this system is awesome!)

Tracy

Forgive me if this has been mentioned.
Workout cards for Meso2 weeks 2 and 3: we're supposed to be lifting 75% 1RM, but the target weight amounts that are printed out are actually 70%.

(I think this system is awesome!)

Tracy

Just taking a quick look everything looks okay. I think you're probably looking at a double wave load or a drop set. If you look at Disc #19 for example you will see something like:

70%
NA
NA
70%
NA
NA

This is what we call a double wave load. The first set is at 70% of your 1RM, then you increase your weight by 5% for the second set and then by another 5% for the third set. Then you repeat this pattern. Is this what you're seeing?

Last edited:
That is not what I am seeing; I understand the wave loading. Perhaps I am not understanding how the program rounds numbers. Thank you for looking into this.

Tracy

That is not what I am seeing; I understand the wave loading. Perhaps I am not understanding how the program rounds numbers. Thank you for looking into this.

Tracy

Can you give me a Disc number and which exercises you see that are showing an incorrect total?

more info

An example is on Discs 13 and 16. My one-rep max for bench presses and flys is 27, so on Disc 13, where I should be lifting 70% 1RM, it lists my target weight as 19. That seems correct. But then, on Disc 16, when I should be lifting 75% 1RM, the target weight is still listed at 19 when it should be 20. I know this is a small difference, but it seems like the whole point of STS is to slowly increase the intensity. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the workout card. I am just trying to help make sure everything works ok.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.