Why is a little caffeine pill bad for me? Or is it?

I recommend dropping acid. Not only will you be able to do ten things at once but you will able to do it all with your favorite cartoon characters.

LOL!

Also, getting a scrip for prednisone (get poison ivy, and you can get it) will work. When I was on it, I had so much energy, and tons of ideas....of course it also stressed out my adrenals, but who needs adrenal glands, anyway? :confused::eek:

Caffeine is a drug. If you feel you need a boost, try a healthier source of less caffeine, like green tea or yerba maté (which have some beneficial elements to them in addition to caffeine).

IMO, one shouldn't 'need' caffeine to wake up in the morning. If one does, one either isn't getting enough sleep, or are addicted to the stuff. (I've never been a coffee drinker, and often can't understand why people seem to need it to 'wake up.' Yeah, some days I'm a bit sleepy in the a.m., but I'll 'wake up' in my own time).

Try this morning boost instead: blend 1 small frozen banana with a handful of goji berries and some water (you could even use green tea instead of water, but I can't vouch for the flavor, because I haven't tried it).

caffiene

clarissa, personally, i don't think one little pill is gonna hurt ya. i take a 200mg caffiene pill some mornings, cuz i just don't have the energy to workout. it gives me a little zip. i don't drink coffee either, and if i remember correctly, 200mg is like 1-2 cups coffee.

however, on the other hand, it does sound like you may have too much on your plate. just having 3 kids is enough to exhaust most people. i have 3 grandchildren, 4yr, 2yr, 4mo. and i help my dil a lot, cuz just trying to get laundry done and food made is daunting. so, give yourself a break, it is ok to rest. i learned that the hard way. overtraining, burning the candle at both ends, but now i am 54, and my body just shuts down and says , forget it!!!

cathy

I still screw up the morning crossword puzzles - in pen - but I screw 'em up a lot faster, and that's gotta count for something.

LMAO!!! I get your point, totally! It isn't a miracle worker, just a little boost :D

IMO, one shouldn't 'need' caffeine to wake up in the morning. If one does, one either isn't getting enough sleep, or are addicted to the stuff. (I've never been a coffee drinker, and often can't understand why people seem to need it to 'wake up.' Yeah, some days I'm a bit sleepy in the a.m., but I'll 'wake up' in my own time).

Kathryn, maybe the difference is that some people are just not naturally morning people? I will never hop out of bed in the morning, raring to go. I'd like to try waking up on my own, but I might end up out of a job and probably speaking to child services about my neglected family :)

Personally, I think it varies from person to person. Some people are a lot more sensitive to caffeine than others. My sister has one cup and she's bouncing off the walls and having heart palpitations. I can drink multiple cups and not have any problems. I can actually have a cup of coffee with dinner and still be able to fall asleep at bedtime.

Kathryn, maybe the difference is that some people are just not naturally morning people? I will never hop out of bed in the morning, raring to go.
LOL!
I had to laugh at that, because I am NOT AT ALL a morning person. I never hop out of bed raring to go, but rather grumble and mumble and slowly make my way out. But by the time I've been up for a half hour or so, I'm awake (more or less, depending on the day ;)).

Hi, my name is Ellie and i'm a coffee addict!!!

(insert applause)

Hi Ellie (says coffee group)

I actually spoke to the doctor and my son's cardiologist about this and he said I craved it because my resting heart rate is 42. I have a naturally low heart rate and BP and I exercise. They both concurred that the "need for speed" was my body's way of getting what it needed. We gave my son liquid caffeine for his heart problem to help speed up his heart.

Just lucky for me that I like coffee. :D:D:D

I'm on my second cup as we speak. But esspresso would probably have me bouncing off the walls!!!!

ellie

This is so bad i drink diet dr. pepper all day long. I drink water in the middle of them and when i workout . I also drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning. But I don't think i want to stop:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.