Why are people so messed up?

I can't figure out what story you're trying to llink to in the OP. Could you post a more direct link?
TIA!

I don't get sound here at work but I was able to watch the video of the chicken nugget lady...That's absolutely insane! It truly is a scarey and warped world we live in these days! :eek:

I finally found the video.
I think it's telling that the woman eventually got a beer bottle out of her car to break the window. Obviously, she was under the influence (in the morning).

I work at a self storage business and I'm so disappointed in the human race after what I've seen people do.

I've had some guy walk in and leave a dookie next to his storage unit. Another guy had his dog with him and left a huge pile on the pavement. People get upset that they can't move out after rent has come due and they then pay the current month's rent and move out and then leave the lock on their unit. Or they take what they want and leave mattresses and junk behind and leave their lock on their unit or just leave it in their unit for us to clean up.

Then there was the lady who just took the junk she did not want from the storage unit and tried to hide it behind a pop up camper. Then when I called her to come get it she yelled at me that it was my fault and she had no way to remove the items.

Another tenant is mad that we processed his unit for public auction due to non payment - the 2nd time and I had called him to see if he could come pay on the unit so it would not have to be auctioned off. He lied to me and said he would be in to pay. Then the next week he see's me in my car and is honking and waving and giving me the finger. Or the guy who owes 3 months rent and then says it's not fair he has to pay rent because it's locked up and he can't get to it because he's past due.

And the scammer who rents storage units and fills them with used tires and then skips out on the bill leaving the storage business to properly dispose of the tires at a cost of thousands of dollars.

And I could go on and on. It's just so sad and it makes me so crunchy against the world in general.

"marinating" a cat?? What exactly do you mean by that? :confused: I am almost afraid to ask! :eek:

I read that story on the Huffington Post. The man had covered the cat in olive oil and crushed red pepper. When the police pulled him over the cat was locked in the trunk and meowing like crazy. The man said the cat was unruly and he was going to eat it. Obviously the man was deranged. That said, it seems civility and decency in our society is eroding fast.

"marinating" a cat?? What exactly do you mean by that? :confused: I am almost afraid to ask! :eek:

The man had covered the cat in olive oil and red pepper and was planning to kill and eat him. When the police pulled the man's car over they found the poor cat locked in the trunk and meowing like crazy. The man said the cat was unruly and he planned to eat him. Obviously the man is deranged. That said, I agree that civility and decency in our society are on the decline.

I can't read or watch that. It would just sicken and devastate me! Do what you want to each other (humans), but leave poor innocent animals out of it! Of course, I say that and continue to be completely at a loss at WHAT people do to each other these days! It's horrifying!

Did you hear about the incident between a flight attendant and a passenger? Since when is it okay to assault someone?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...er-quits-job-style-luggage-row-passenger.html

I hope this link works!

Can you tell I've been having a tough time lately? Sigh.

Sorry to be so gloomy, but really, unless something drastically changes, my opinion about mankind (in general) won't alter. I think the best people I know are right here!

I can't even watch the local news anymore. There are so many (SICK), people hurting animal stories down here. I get very depressed, so now I don't even watch it. :( Linda

I can't read or watch that. It would just sicken and devastate me! Do what you want to each other (humans), but leave poor innocent animals out of it! Of course, I say that and continue to be completely at a loss at WHAT people do to each other these days! It's horrifying!

Did you hear about the incident between a flight attendant and a passenger? Since when is it okay to assault someone?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...er-quits-job-style-luggage-row-passenger.html

I hope this link works!

Can you tell I've been having a tough time lately? Sigh.

Sorry to be so gloomy, but really, unless something drastically changes, my opinion about mankind (in general) won't alter. I think the best people I know are right here!

The link is save, the picture of the kitty is after he was rescued and cleaned...cute little guy.

I too am a bit pessimistic about people in general...they lose it over any little thing, most people lie, backstab and for the most part aren't worth the price of used toilet paper. Sorry, I have a couple of knives sticking out of my back right now so I'm just a bit grumpy about it...but as usual I will get over it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.