Who else do you workout to?

woodie

Cathlete
I have almost everything Cathe has put out and I love her workouts, but I also have another favorite: Taebo. Sprinkled among those is the random Kirstin Kagen, Seasun Zieger, and Janis Saffell with Guillermo Gomez. I have Solid Gold Step by Christy Taylor, but I haven't done it yet.

And, like a couple other people on this board, I can't wait for Xtreme Step by Izett Barnett to come out.

Who do you work out to aside from Cathe?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I only use Cathe for strength, but switch up my cardio. Usually I switch between Cathe, Janis S., Seasun Z., Christi T., Donna R., Mindy M. & some CIA instructors. For pilates I use few different instructors too.

Aila

I do Cathe for all strength workouts. I use Kari Anderson, Kelli Roberts, Mindy Myrlea and Charlene Prickett for step as well as Cathe. For kickboxing, I used to do Taebo - now it's Cathe, Aaron Lankford, Powerstrikes and occassionally, Eversly Forte and LArry Lam

Mar:)

I have switched almost exclusively over to Cathe, but have about 30 Firm videos. I also have some Billy Blanks Tae Bo, Karen Voight Energy Sprint, Windsor Pilates, Ali McGraw's yoga tape, and two Rodney Yee/Yoga Journal tapes (hmm, haven't done that in a while - perhaps this evening).

Most of the ones I love are Kelli Roberts, Andre Houle and Alain Bissainhe. I love the body bar videos.I also love Rodney Yee and Suzanne Deason for yoga. Also for a really relaxing non workout is am and pm stretch by Madeline Lewis. Karen

The only workout that I do from time-to-time that isn't Cathe is Gin Miller's "Intense Moves". Although it's simple and straightforward, it's still a great interval workout.

Patricia

i don't use anyone elses workouts anymore... none of them are as intense as cathe... so i don't feel like i'm getting a workout.. so i don't "bother" doing them... i just do cathe.. exclusively...

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hi, for strength I only use Cathe. For cardio I use Janis Saffell with Guillermo Gómez and Christhy Taylor.I have ordered the new bootcamp infocomercial TAEBO workouts and I can't wait to try them.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Either I'm having déjà vue, or you asked a very similar question to this a few weeks ago. (Please tell me it's not senility setting in!!)

Aside from Cathe, in no particular order, I use Tony Horton (P90X, Power Half Hour), Gunther Peterson (Core Secrets), Kathy Smith (various), Debbie Siebers (Slim Series), David Kirsch, Billy Blanks (less often, because his uneven counting drives me nuts...there's that feeling of déjà vue again!), Powerstrike, Janis Saffel, the Firms (not for a while, but I still have them, the "Strength" and "Cardio" workouts and those produced around the same time are my favorites), Gin Miller (safe, effective workouts), Karen Voigt (great form pointers, an emphasis on safety), and some odds-and-ends of quite a few other instructors (I currently have about 200 videos/DVD's in my collection).

Oh my gosh, did I?? I'm having that dejavu feeling too reading your answer Kathryn!!!! Yikes! Sorry for the repition! :)

I workout to The Firm as well. I tried Taebo as well but absolutely hated it. I also want to try Christi Taylor's solid gold

>Either I'm having déjà vue, or you asked a very similar
>question to this a few weeks ago. (Please tell me it's not
>senility setting in!!)
>
>Aside from Cathe, in no particular order, I use Tony Horton
>(P90X, Power Half Hour), Gunther Peterson (Core Secrets),
>Kathy Smith (various), Debbie Siebers (Slim Series), David
>Kirsch, Billy Blanks (less often, because his uneven counting
>drives me nuts...there's that feeling of déjà vue again!),
>Powerstrike, Janis Saffel, the Firms (not for a while, but I
>still have them, the "Strength" and "Cardio" workouts and
>those produced around the same time are my favorites), Gin
>Miller (safe, effective workouts), Karen Voigt (great form
>pointers, an emphasis on safety), and some odds-and-ends of
>quite a few other instructors (I currently have about 200
>videos/DVD's in my collection).

Kathryn, how is core secerts and is it worth the money. would you sooner invest in some of the hardcores of Cathe's I don't have or go for that. Thanks Karen

Aside from the smatterings of all of the above, I have Katami and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. I actually pulled it out today because I needed a break from Core Max and WOW am I feeling it. Great DOMS all the way down the lats, back and obliques. It's such a great core workout - with no crunches!!!:)

I love this workout too! I bought this for my brother last year and he really likes the intesity choices, the athletic choreography and the fact that there are men in the workout!

>The only workout that I do from time-to-time that isn't Cathe
>is Gin Miller's "Intense Moves". Although it's simple and
>straightforward, it's still a great interval workout.
>
>Patricia

I LOVE this workout! (Maybe I should get this out and do it this week?) It has impact without torque, and doesn't bother my touchy knee at all. I wish it were on DVD!

>Kathryn, how is core secerts and is it worth the money. would
>you sooner invest in some of the hardcores of Cathe's I don't
>have or go for that. Thanks Karen

It depends on what you like, and how you feel about workout intensity. If you're in the "if it's not as intense as Cathe, or not "advanced," it's not worth it" camp, then you wouldn't like Core Secrets. If you're in the same camp as me, the "I value workouts of differing intensities, and find that functional fitness workouts are very beneficial," and you like using the stabilty ball, then I'd say go for it.

I'd say the workouts are intermediate in intensity. You can, of course, use heavier weights when doing it, and I always get a few extra reps in while Gunther is setting up moves (he often does only 8 or 10 reps per set). You could also repeat the workouts for more intensity. I happen to love what moves like "one-legged-deadlifts-with-one foot on the ball, reaching the opposite hand to the floor," which are great for balance and core strength. I find they are challenging in a different way, and don't require heavy weights, because they engage smaller stablizing muscles. THey are almost "restorative" in nature, and act like pre-hab (like "rehab" but before you get injured.)

I did mainly core Secrets for my strength for a couple of weeks before my Hardcore rotation, and was surprised at how that seemed to help me go hard and heavy with HC. I intend to use them (or other functional fitness/core workouts) for the recovery week in my HC rotation.

I have the original Core Secrets set (with the add-on workouts: 5? DVD's in all), but just ordered the newer workouts (one uses the stability ball, but two don't). You can see clips of the workouts at www.collagevideo.com .

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone uses Gilad's workouts? I have one of his step workouts- simple, but it got me into step. I think he is so cute, and he is fun to workout to- but do you think his workouts are too easy?
-Amy

I have several other vids but currently only use Cathe....One day I'll dust off another vid and pop it in for a change of pace! :+

I have a ton of the Firm, the power hour series, great body guaranteed series, and many others...

I also have Windsor Pilates which I ONLY stopped doing b/c of pregnancy. I fully intend to incorporate that back into my plan after I give birth...

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

I'm a lot like Kathryn above. I like a lot of variety and I feel you can always make a workout more intense by adding intensity, high impact moves, heavier weights, etc. I do love Cathe and now that I found her,she is my favorite, but once I get my new obsession out of the way, I'll start doing all of my other DVD/Video's again (have over 300). I like Tony Horton and Debbie Siebers from BeachBody, David Kirsch, Tae Bo, Janis Saffell, Core Secrets (Gunther Peterson), Karen Voight, Michelle Dozois and Tracy York, Kathy Smith, Tamilee Webb, Gin Miller, FitPrime and The Firm.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.