Who Cares - May !

Hi all. Rest day for me. I think I pulled something - not when working out, but when simply stretching! Ugh, getting older is not for the weak!! I am resting it now and will for a few day. WTH????

Murphy

HI girls! Today did yesterday's Cathe live, yesterday was RWH upper body. (Kinda following the soul of the rotation.). Murphy! Hope you feel better quickly! We are all falling apart! Lisa, is your neighbor enjoying herself? How is everyone else? Congrats on the job Roxie! DS is home, up in his bed, I can feel his presence in the house and I love it! DD we get Sunday! Only have DS until Thursday so I might not be around much! Have a good weekend! Mary

quick check in, neighbor and I did a ride to Boulder, 24 miles, 1200 elevation gain, she did good and I was able to ride up the hills at my pace and wait for her at the top(I asked which she'd prefer, me riding alongside her or waiting at top of each hill, she's so sweet she told me she wanted me to get a good workout too). On the downhills I noticed she was keeping up with me, she said since she can't go as fast uphill that the least she can do is get over her fear and go faster downhill. So yea, Mary, I think she's liking it. Have a good mother's day all !

Happy US Mother's Day to all. I have only two workouts this month plus my steps, I just did 3 shifts in a row. Oh well.
Lisa, your ride sounds fun. Can I come visit in June? Can you hike?
Roxie congrats on new job and best wishes moving forward and out of current situation.
Mary have a great time w/ the kids!
Murphy Ugh about pulling something. Its hard enough to get momentum going w/o injury as well.
Ronne I don't think I've done either of those instructors before (Myndy and Amy B).
Tracy you will have to share a pic of the dogs when you get a chance.
I'm heading to visit my mom w/ my dtr today. Other one seems to be doing well on her trip so far. She went hang gliding today, which was fun but apparently was disappointed she didn't see any Golden Eagles (she's into birds). Also she met a couple who may give her a ride to Frankfurt. I had her text me a pic of their car tags!

Happy Mother's Day fit babes! I hope you all get spoiled by your youngins'. BB made me a card at day camp! :D I'll look for a pic of him to post here.
Murphy, I hope you are back to 100% soon! This getting older bizzness is the worst! I gravitate towards weights too more than cardio.
Lisa, what an awesome ride--1200 elevation gain--WOW!!! Sounds like your neighbor is a great riding partner too. I'd be flying down the hills with you both 'cause I've always loved to go fast, no matter what I'm doing. But I do keep in check with the car! And I would never think of you as lazy.
Mary, we'll see you back here after your reunion with your kids! Hope you have a great time while they are home. I get the dread factor with some of the RWH workouts. :p
Hi Ronne! I have just about all of Amy's workouts but haven't done them in a while. And I really like her! We got clobbered with heavy rain showers off and on this weekend and have been 10 degrees below normal this Spring. Summer looks like it's coming again at the end of this week though so I may get to enjoy seeing some friends for a get together on Friday outside!
Jody, what an experience for your daughter!! And working 3 shifts in a row? That counts like double workouts to me!! You're a smart Momma getting those car tag pics too!
Congratulations on getting a new job in your new town Roxie!! I'm sure that takes some pressure off of you.
Let's see. Did XT B&T, then Lower Body Blast Weds. but there was no blasting involved thankyouverymuch! Been doing enough of that with BB already! Did nothing Thurs. due to schedule and DH took BB out. Friday was Hard Strikes where I got my aggressions out like Cathe told me to. DH and I helped some friends yesterday who are going through hard times (actually BB's breeder) and today I'm trying to get motivated to do whatever it is I need to do. :confused:Took BB out this a.m. and he cut the walk short and is passed out now so he's wiped out from yesterday too!
Here's to a healthy week for everyone!

Hi all

Time just getting away from me...

Tracey - I also have a bit of a dread factor with RWH particularly the plyo Hiits and the Leg Circuit. I've got to be feeling really strong to do that one! I have a few ABs which I get out from time to time. Just for a change. I think it's time to get rid of the step workouts though. I used to love them but they seem too long and involved now. I just want to get in, done and out!

Jody - sounds like DD is having fun. Glad to hear it's going well. Germans are incredibly kind and hospitable, we've always had a lovely time when we've been there and they are very generous to visitors.Hope you had a nice day with mum and other DD.

Mary - it's so sweet how excited you are!!

Lisa - well done on the rides. It looks like you've got your neighbour on board now. I think you asked about my hamstring a page ago. I don't actually remember pulling it. It's just something that's been a bit dodgy for a while but ignoring it and working through has, of course, made it worse. I think I can get back to leg workouts and cardio now, it's the yoga that's a problem which is a real bummer for me as you'd expect!

Murphy - I know how you feel!

Had a pretty relaxed weekend. Got lots of housework done. Also managed to get a workout in yesterday: ICE MTB which wasn't quite as tough as I remembered (it was still tough!). Then today I did UB only of HR which was fine. Skipped a few push-ups as my shoulder was hurting a bit.

Hi ladies! Times flying here too, of course I've been cycling, about 25 miles each of the last 3 days. I decided to try getting new pedals where you clip in , today was the first day doing it, I practiced but of course the first time I stopped, I clipped out intending to put right foot down but instead my bike went to the left and over I went . Scuffed up elbow and bruise on thigh. I hope it becomes second nature but I really had to concentrate but I did the rest of the ride without another incident.

Tracy, I love it when the dog gets worn out, can't wait to see BB.
Ronne, it takes so much longer for any little thing to heal now. Dh has tricep tendonitis he's been dealing with. Maybe that's why we're supposed to be wiser as we get older.
Mary, your dh is 60? He doesn't look it!
Jody, later June would be better, we will probably head up to South Dakota again one of the first 2 weeks depending on weather. Hiking is iffy, how far do typically hike? It's the uphill and the pushing off of toes that will irritate it but I think I could do 5 miles or so if I rest my ankle. One "hike" I've been wanting to do is 'manitou springs incline climb' , google it, its 2000 ft elevation gain in just 1 mile. Since it's steps built into the side of the mountain that shouldn't hurt my ankle too much. It's so popular you have to reserve a parking spot ahead of time. Remember, we are at elevation so you might need to acclimate for a day or altitude sickness could set in,
Hellos to everyone else,gotta run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all. Quick fly-by. Happy Late Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. The DD's and I (and some others) went on an overnight camping trip Friday into Saturday. Friday was okay but the rain all day on Saturday kinda ruined it for the girls. I was okay but they were not happy. I rest (recovered) Sunday. Today was PHA from S&S. I was really getting tired of repeating the sets and then she switched up. I was just about to hit the skip button.

Anyway, waves to everyone. Will try to catch-up later.

Murphy

HR UB PM and then a little 16 mile ride with DH. Love the adrenaline rush, he's enjoying it a lot too. Between him and the neighbor I'm exhausted! Rain and maybe snow is coming so getting in the cycling while I can! Waves to all!

Hi everyone

Lisa - I like those proper cyclist pedals but they do take a bit of getting used to, especially if you have to suddenly brake!

Murphy - shame about your camping trip. We've had torrential rain today here, all day. Knocked out the internet for a few hours, DD didn't know what to do with herself!

Been so busy with work but have managed to get the workouts in. Yesterday was 40/20 Hiit and today Xtrain Legs premix. I thought it might be a good idea to start building up strength in my glutes again without going too heavy. It felt good and no twinges. I'm just learning to be cautious (a lesson I keep having to be taught!).

TBGS done today and Mon a walk jog sprint. I like SnS as well as RWH so I might follow that rotation. Prior to TBGS, I pulled out LIC w/ the intention of getting an UB Circuit Blast experience but I just wasn't feeling it.

Lisa, this will be a second trip to the Dakotas? Sounds nice! My window is the first part of June and it just got a little shorter as I want to be around for my mom's doc appts. Acclimating to altitude sounds like a problem anyway; I'd really like to do just a few days somewhere with an inexpensive flight. I'll likely just catch up around home unless something catches my eye.

Mary did you guys do anything all together? How are the twins happy to see each other and swap college stories?

Murphy, camping in the rain not too fun.

Ronne good job on the workouts. You feel like you can't do yoga? No internet can throw me for a loop as well! Poor DD! Mine sent me pics of hiking around Koblenz Germany today. It seems like she is doing OK.

Tracy, how did your workouts go this week? Nice that you guys could be there for your friends in hard times.

Roxie, I have a bunch of boxes from all my recent deliveries for dd plus I just got shipments from Chewy, you need any for packing? : D

Hi all

Jody - It's the stretching part of it. I'm building up LB stuff and it's going OK but certain stretches (anything deep hamstring bending forward and into bottom of glutes) make me feel the injury and there's loads of that in yoga! I'm so busy with work at the moment though that I really need the calming effects. I'll just have to try some of the really easy stuff and see if that does the trick. What I enjoy most about yoga is the hard physical work followed by the calm so it's not the same just going straight into the calm!

Took it a bit easier today, did a bit of a mash-up from KCM's Slim Sculpting. The sun is shining! I've got a t-shirt on!

HI girls! I need to catch up! I have been working out. Mainly just hanging with the kids. DS left this morning for Chicago, will be back tomorrow night, goes to DC Sunday. DH runs a half marathon Sunday morning. Just so nice seeing them and hearing them laugh!

Ronne, sun here too. Too warm tho, high 80's. Rough sleeping!
Jody, you are good to your mom! She is blessed to have you.
Lisa, snow??? What???
Roxie, last day tomorrow??
Hello to Murphy and Tracey!

Gotta go visit BFF, she had surgery! Good day to all! Mary

Hi all, yep, it's snowing! Just sticking to the grass, it was kinda pretty watching the fat flakes come down. I think I just needed a non cycling day as neighbor and I did a quick 15 miles yesterday, that made 6 days in a row. Today ICE CUB and cycling laundry! I'm almost ready to crawl back in bed and read, just got a library book, a new one, second chances by Kristin Higgins. Mary, I know how nice it feels to see them , I'll admit Mother's Day was a bit melancholy , the boys are so independent (exactly what you want as a parent), I was missing mom as I'd so have loved to talk to her about grown children and did she feel this way. My neighbor texted me a happy mother day and dh and I had nice ride so I was thankful of what dh and I have. Ronne, It's great when you finally listen to your body vs pushing thru . I have my winter loungewear on! And I'm going to get snuggled in that bed soon! Jody, yep, dh and I want to head to all the places we did on the ebike and do them in a regular bike. We just did a route Sunday where I never thought I'd be able to do it and yet I did! Murphy, camping overall isn't fun I need a running toilet, speaking of toilet just had to replace ours, the flushing parts were all plastic and broken and it was only 5 yrs old. So I guess we have a new porcelain throne, oh joy.

Fat flakes!
388c0044e7bcf6baef5fc21552640188.jpg
c71e53cfbe80f1a793b2c3ced39a6574.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi fit babes! I can't believe you got snow Lisa! That's an adorable photo of Suki too. Does she like the snow? BB loves it more than any other kind of weather. I'm going to try to get a photo up of him after my post. Winter loungewear and a good book sound wonderful to me! I never seem to have the time to do that. I lost my mom almost 6 years ago and a friend of mine asked me to celebrate her this year and it made me cry. I understand your melancholy.
Glad you got some sun Ronne, we have a little bit. Sat outside by the water with friends tonight but got a little cold with the wind pretty quick! I had to laugh at your daughter's reaction to no internet--I think that's how DH would be if we lost it here!
Mary, that was a quick visit! Where do you live that it's too warm already?
Murphy, that's great that you didn't mind the rainy camping trip! I would hope I'd be that way too. I hotel camp more these days.
Jody, do you ever take road trips? (Other than Cathe's? DH and I enjoy them, and now we take my Dad with us since he moved closer to us last year.
Hi Roxie! You are probably celebrating your last day of work! I celebrated the last day of my division chief's position today--he couldn't have left fast enough for me. And I'm not the only one who feels that way either--no one wrote in his card that they will miss him!
I did workout this week--Travel Fit Monday, All out LI Hiit and Core Tuesday, out with BB Weds., LB and abs from HR Thurs. and S&S RUUB today. Annual marathon shopping day tomorrow with a friend. I think that's a workout!
Have a great weekend!!

Good Morning,

It was nothing but a day of eating horrible then some of us went out last night Ingot home just in time for the tornado sirens to go off. I did StudioSweat Spin Building Blocks w/Mere W yesterday.

Tigger-I got a really nice card from everyone and the boss call me into her office to thank me for all Imhad done for them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.