Where do you keep your purse?

kgalas

Cathlete
I'm in a redecorating mode and want to redo my laundry room/mudroom. I have a 24" space between the basement door and the bathroom door where I currently have a storage bench where I keep my 3 dds' backpacks out of sight and a shelf with knobs higher up where we hang miscellaneous stuff. The bench has seen better days. I usually put my purse on top of the shelf-it's out of the girls' reach, etc. I want to keep the space as neat as possible since it's only 7.5'x8' and serves a multitude of purposes-entry into the house, etc. Any ideas for storage? I was thinking of something like this:

http://shopping.aol.com/white-finished-laundry-hamper-with-interior-bag/718530758

I could store the backpacks in it. Do you think the shelf above it is still a good idea or should I get a small cabinet like this:

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/French_Country_31W_Anywhere_Cabinet/420/

Where do you ladies keep your purses, backpacks, etc.?

Wherever I toss it when I get home :eek::eek: The front table, the sofa table, my dresser, the kitchen table (ewww, I know, purses are germy - I was the table and move the purse before using). It doesn't have a home. DS backpack hangs on his closet doorknob when school's in.

Nan

We have a big open kitchen, dining, living space--loft like--and my purse just hangs off one of the dining chairs. I put everything else away except for that.

LOL! I'm the same at spyrosmom! I toss mine either on the counter, kitchen table, kitchen chair, sofas, computer desk, seriously, it's everywhere!:eek::D

believe it or not, I keep mine in my car. Stupid I know, but I never have to look for it that way.

I do the same thing with the one I am currently using. Why is this stupid? My car is locked inside the garage.

The other purses that I'm not using have a couple of shelves in my bedroom closet.

My purse is always with me besides my bed or in my office. When I leave for an event and take only a portion of it out, I hide it in my dirty clothes hamper or in a closet.

I have a hall tree inside the garage door. I hang it there.
I am one of those nuts that never leaves my handbag touch the floor - ever. :eek:

On a related note ...

My purse is not leather, so when I go to the grocery store I swipe the bottom of it with one of those Clorox wipes at the same time I wipe the handle of the shopping cart.

Klaudia, I like the hamper idea with the shelf above it.
As far as purses go, the one I use hangs on one of the knobs on my inversion table in my bedroom. I use my inversion table everyday, so it is not a piece of exrcise equipment that serves as a clothes hanger LOL. It is in a very convenient spot for me to "grab and go"

Brenda in Indiana

I have my laundry room right inside the garage/house door. Behind the door in that room, I have 2 decorative hooks where my boys hang their backpacks each day during the school year. I hang my purse on one of their hooks...ALWAYS. I need to know exactly where my purse is at anytime I need it so it's nice to have a HOME for it.....plus it's out of sight in my kitchen and living rooms.

I like the laundry bin you posted. I am a DEclutter freak and really need to keep clutter at a minimum and for the clutter that I just can't avoid, it needs to be hidden in something like that bin.

Gayle

We have two love seats in our living room. One we use to sit on the other we use as a desk/dumping ground. Library books, mail, etc go on this couch along with my purse, so they are in plain sight and I can find them.

If I'm leaving home and my purse is staying, I"ll put it on a shelf in the top of the LR closet.

Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to get that hamper.

Gayle, we walk right into our laundry room too and DH is a neat freak-his idea of decompressing after work is to swiffer! We have jackets that we use daily on over the door hooks-and even that bugs me! I wish the room was big enough for those mudroom lockers so we could each have our own. Sigh. Maybe one day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.