What's your idea of a cool job?

#1 Being Oprah's best friend.

#2 An executive producer on Oprah's show.

#3 A celebrity wedding planner.

How about a message forum moderater? That way you get paid for reading interesting message boards all day. :)

I think Cathe's job is pretty cool too! :)

I agree with your Oprah choices! I think it may be a major pain in the a$$ to be a celebrity wedding planner. The money is good, no doubt, but the headaches must be hugh.

I think being a PE teacher for Grades K-3 would be cool. My daughter (17) wants to be a mattress tester (zzzzzzzz).

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Being a Personal Trainer! But I would also love to be a Storm Chaser! I love severe weather and tracking it. I should have been a Meteorologist. But I also have a passion for the medical field and often wish I would have went to Medical School.

;( But....here I am.....

Linda

Aaaaahhhh my idea of a cool job would be working in MY gym FULL-TIME getting to wear all my cute outfits....having men look inside while I'm on the treadmill giving me the thumbs up;-) ;-) ;-). Being able to w/o everyday and help others.

Aaaaahhhh now that's my idea of a cool job;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

My two favorite channels on TV are Court TV and the Foodnetwork. I would love to be a female Bobby Flay (chef). Crime scene investigation would also be extremely interesting.

Marla

I think it would be fun to be:

A Crime scene investigator in a major city.

The person that gives people their money when they win the lottery.

A Personal Trainer.

:) ;-) :D :p :9 :+

My husbands answer-- Being the guy who puts antennea's on skyscrapers. Or, repairing water damn's off the outside while hanging from ropes etc. Or, blowing up buildings. For a male perspective. I told him he needs to spend some time rock climbing or bungee jumping to get this out of his system.
Heather

I spent several years between high school and into college doing my ideas of cool jobs. The coolest job I ever had: river guide on the colorado river. The runner ups: firefighter (wildland), and dude ranch worker (got to ride lots of horses). The trouble with these fun jobs is that you live near poverty because they pay next to nothing. When I finally got serious about it I became a geologist. I've been employed as one of those for 20 years. My dream jobs have always included being able to work outdoors in beautiful places.

My dream job would be running a dog sanctuary and would work on placing homeless dogs into great homes. I'd run it like a huge farm and have it open to the public. I'd take dogs to the schools to teach kids about animals and how to care for them. I'd let teens volunteer and have some sort of program worked out with the schools for learning how to run a business or what not. Because older dogs are harder to adopt out, I'd train some of them to be companion-type dogs and go visiting to nursing homes with them. I'd also take them to orphanages and to children's wards in hospitals when possible. The really great ones, I'd see about getting into therapy or guide dog programs. I would have other animals at the sanctuary, too, but the emphasis would be dogs since they're my first love.

Wow, so many options, so many ideas. Actually, I think I'd like to change careers completely every 5-10 years. I want to try EVERYTHING! Okay, almost everything.

Right now, I'm longing to travel, so I think I'd like to be a tour guide for something like Earthwatch, although I believe they use scientific researchers and don't really need tour guides, but since it's a dream job, I'm just going to dream up a tour guide position. I want to lead the tours to South Africa to study dolphins, to the Galapagos Islands to study sea turtles, to Ireland to excavate the archeological remains relating to the time of the potato famine, and to anywhere else they care to send me.

Shari

I couldn't do this because I wouldn't be able to give any of the dogs up (why I wouldn't let my dog have puppies, nothwithstanding the animal overpopulation problem). But, as a dog lover, I love this idea!!

Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.