What were your first workouts ever???

JT

Cathlete
This will date me, my first workouts were Keli Roberts in CherFitness, Gin Miller with the original Step Reebok with the very nice looking guys and AeroStep, Jane Fonda aerobics, toning and step.
Back in '94, I noticed Cathe but I was going my divorce and she came out with her wedding workout about that time which I hear is a great workout but wasn't ready for any weddings. She took my workouts to a whole new level. I still have Gin Miller like Simply Step and Bella Strength.

my first workouts ever (that I can remember) were The 20 Minute Workout series that used to be on tv in the early 80's. They were cheesy and full of big hair and lip gloss, but I did them! Here's a link if you want to be embarrassed for me and entertained at the same time :eek::confused::D:

WPWR Channel 60 - 20 Minute Workout (Part 1, 1984) - YouTube

Then, after I married (very young I might add) I did Jazzercise at a place by my house.
Then, I got pregnant and did Kathy Smith's pregnancy workout.
Then, we moved to the country, in the middle of nowheresville and I started doing the original Firms up through the late 90's to the Firm's Tortoise and the Hare with Tracy Long (the Tortoise is still a fav)
Then, I took a couple years off having more babies,
Then, I started back up in 2003 with the newer Firms and not much later found the great Cathe workouts.

And there is my workout history.

Last edited:
Do you mean what was our first workout video?

That would be Firm Volume One for me.

My first workout was way before that! :)

my first workouts ever (that I can remember) were The 20 Minute Workout series that used to be on tv in the early 80's. They were cheesy and full of big hair and lip gloss, but I did them! Here's a link if you want to be embarrassed for me and entertained at the same time :eek::confused::D:

Tracy, I did those 20 Minute Workouts, too! Hilarious when I think about it now. Also tried Jazzercise, but didn't like it much. I was running several times a week back then along with the workouts. Then the Firm came along and everything except the running got left in the dust. I loved the old Firm workouts, and still do a few of them. Then I found Cathe on FiTV.

My first workout

My first video workout was LoMax, and I remember thinking that it was so difficult, and I would never learn it.

Caitlin

The Firm Vol 1 with Susan Harris --when it first came out. Waited patiently and paid $50 for the second Vol with Janet Gretsky one year later. Loved the original Firms.

Thanks, JeanneMarie for the clarification.
The Firm, I didn't get into those till later. The originals were the best with the southern mansion. I purchased a wooden high step from them.

20 minute workout for me, too! Hilarious to think about that now. Also, Jane Fonda on 33 r.p.m. :p Then Charlene Prickett's 1/2 hour cable show. You can actually still get those on DVD!

My very first workout video was Leslie Chazin's introduction to low-impact aerobics by Crystal Light. After school I use to exercise with my mother, and we would do this VHS workout in the living room together.

Cally

I actually had a Joanie Greggins (not sure of the spelling of her name) that was on anaudio cassette tapewith pictures that showed the exercises. This was probably in the very early 1980's (80 or 81). I was barely in my 20 and the workout killed me.

My friend's mother has a record (remember those?) by Debbie Drake. I'll never forget that there was an exercise where you walked liked a duck. It used it crack us up. I think this was in the late 70's.

I am a newbie to the exercise video industry, but the first ever video I did was Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It totally kicked my butt while I was trying to lose 50lbs post-pregnancy! Jillian was the first fitness instructor to really motivate me and help me lose serious lbs. Now I find her workouts a bit boring and not as challenging as Cathe's. Her video's are sadly collecting dust on my shelves, but I still love and admire her.

OMG Tracy- I forgot about 20 minute workouts! They were my first workouts as well! Followed by Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith Fat Burner, Sheila's aerobic jazz, then the Firm Volume 2, all the firms, started with some Cathe step in the 90's- had a baby in 2002 flirted with Fit Prime, TLP, lately have been just Cathe and have been happy.

I went to Walmart one day, purchased the basic aerobic step, which came with Cathe's "Basic Step" DVD. This was followed up very shortly by my purchase of LowMax.

It was like a lightbulb went off .... DING, DING, DING, DING, DING! ♥ my cathe!

:):):)

Fun thread! My first DVD workout was Crunch Cardio Sculpt with Violet Zaki. Great beginner workout, I might add. It was my first introduction to weights and I haven't turned back from weight training since!

The first workout videos I ever bought were the from the Buns of Steel Platinum Series. I had Buns of Steel Step, Arms and Abs of Steel Step, and Thighs of Steel with Aerobics. I was in college then and I bought a VCR just so I could use those videos. I still have them and still do them every now and then. Tamilee's planning to release these on DVD soon and I do plan to buy them.

tralaiven said:

Then, after I married (very young I might add) I did Jazzercise at a place by my house.
Then, I got pregnant and did Kathy Smith's pregnancy workout.
Then, we moved to the country, in the middle of nowheresville and I started doing the original Firms up through the late 90's to the Firm's Tortoise and the Hare with Tracy Long (the Tortoise is still a fav)
Then, I took a couple years off having more babies,
Then, I started back up in 2003 with the newer Firms and not much later found the great Cathe workouts.

And there is my workout history.

I did those 20 min workouts too, lol! I was about 11 or 12 then. I forgot about that. They were fun.

Back in the 80's there was an exercise show on at 6:00 & 6:30 am and I use to record it - I want to say it was Gilad's sister but I could be wrong. I'm from Westland MI and it was on channel 7.

My first fitness vhs purchase was Great Body Super Stomach from Kroger for $5 along with Denise Austin's Hips, Thighs and Buttocks in 1990. I used them after our first daughter was born and got back in shape to go back to work. Then when Stacey would nap I would workout with Charlene Prickett and Cynthis Kerlick - those were the good old days!!

...Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.