What to do after a Slow & Heavy rotation?

workout junkie

Cathlete
I have one more week of my S&H rotation and am wondering what to follow it up with. Should I do something more strength oriented like Pure Strength or the Gym Styles? Or should I do something more endurance related with high reps - Power Hour, Muscle Endurance, Muscle Max, High Step Challenge...?

I feel S&H has increased my strength, but now I want to sculpt some muscle! And I'm not sure of the best way to do it.

Thanks for any input...

I would change it up by doing more of an endurance workout. That should help with your goal of sculpting.
I have a question for you regarding the slow and heavy. Did you use the 1RM calucator for it? If so, did you use 80-90% of your 1RM? I'm getting ready to start a S&H rotation next week and thinking of doing that.

hey abritrn, that is an interesting question. i haven only sone S&H one time, i really ought to pull it out again. how often do you do a S&H rotation?

abritrn - Thanks for the reply! I will do a rotation that is more endurance focused.

Regarding your question, I did not use the 1RM calculator for it. In fact, I've never done that calculation for anything (I don't have STS). I just used the heaviest weight I could handle to complete the reps, often barely being able to complete the last rep. So then I'd decrease my weights slightly for the next set. I use PaceWeights which I find really useful for this.

Good luck on your S&H rotation. If you do use the 1HR calculation, please let us know how it works out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.