What to do about shovelling?? (moved from STS forum)

wennell_dennell

Hi Cathe - I moved this question from the STS forum as I hadn't gotten any replies from anyone on this issue. The storm is currently raging, so I'd love some advice!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Cathe (and STS-ers),

I was hoping for some advice. We've had a pretty easy winter here so far, but a few times I have extensive shovelling sessions mess up my weight lifting planning. I start STS this week on Thursday, and of course we now have forecast of a big storm tomorrow. This likely means a couple hours of shovelling and in my future :-(

I know I can rearrange the STS discs - I'll likely do legs on Thursday as my first disc rather than the upper body - but this issue does come up more than I'd like. I won't always be able to do legs the day of or day after a shovelling event. I'm only able to do two STS dics a week due to time constraints and the fact that I'm teaching yoga several times a week, including a power yoga, which dictates when I can safely do my own training. I'm pretty much stuck to my Thursday/Saturday time slots for weights.

When this happens, and I've already done my STS legs that week, should I go ahead and do the upper body STS disc with lower weights than recommended (i.e. <60% 1RM)? Since it is Mesocycle 1, will it make that much of a difference to my progress, given I'm getting lots of heavy lifting thanks to the weather?

I'd love some recommendations!

Cheers,
Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.