what dvds do i get first

kimay

hey everybody,

Happy belated Valentines Day! Did anybody other than me eat too many sweets Monday? I wanted to ask a question and also just share something that is so crazy. I will start with the question. My problem is that i just don't know which new dvd/dvds to order. Any suggestions on how to determine what would be the best choices? My crazy thing that I wanted to share is that I was looking at the page that introduces the rest of the members in the dvds/tapes. And there is a woman by the name of Rhonda Davis who I was reading about. Lo and behold she lives in Americus. I will graduate with a music education degree in May and I have worked out in her classes before I got married and moved away from Americus. I am so totally pumped that I know her and she is a really awesome areboics instructor. Just wanted to share that with everybody. "The odds of hitting a target go up dramatically when you aim it". For those of you who are at a standstill in your life (in any area) say this quote a couple of times while you are in that particular moment and in that particular area because it will really change your attitude and then your actions. Thanks in advance to everyone who will respond to my message.

Hi kimay,

Lucky you working out with Rhonda. It is always nice to find a good instructor or trainer.

What type of workout are you looking for? Cathe has strength, cardio, and circuit.

jordan

hey jordan,

thanks for responding. I actually do not care so much about her cardio ( if you are talking about her aerobics). I find that the workout is too much based on fancy footwork and not on trying to get the heart rate up. At least in my opinion. I get frustrated and end up turning it off. But i think what i am looking for is a routine that yields the most efficient results. i will admit that my cardio activity is slim to none and i know that if i was to just put more effort into i would shed the 3% body fat that i want to lose. But i have this thing where once i start my cardio, i get this very unnerving stinging feeling in my legs, only in my legs. I think that it is poor blood circulation. But it only happens when i am doing cardio (running, aerobics) or squats, anything difficult. So that tends to discourage me from doing cardio. I really need cardio more than anything. I am pretty fit and love to lift weights. My abs could definately use some challenging workouts. But I like how she has individual dvds for the different body parts. Anyway, if this make any sense to you, your output would be much appreciated. Thanks again

Hi kimay,

Which workouts have you tried?

Did you start with the Basic step and Body Fusion DVD. This has a basic step workout that will assist you with learning the steps. It also has weight work. It has upper & lower body weight segments. It also has a stablity ball workout. The Imax2/cardio & weights DVD will get your heart rate up. There are premixes so that you could break up the workout into shorter routines. C&W has strength premixes also. The new series has Muscle Max which is a good total body workout and Cathe gives good form pointers. It just depends what you are ready to tackle. I'm sure others will have some input that you could use in your decision.

This feeling in your legs concerns me. Have you seen your doctor about this? I think you should get a check up before you start, just to be sure.

Good Luck,
jordan

hey j,

you are right. IT concerns me too, but there's some kind of fear i have maybe and what the doctor may say. But you are right. Thanks again

Hi kimay,

I understand your fear, I've been there myself. You really must find the strength to go to the doctor. Tell someone close to you. Maybe they can go with you. Don't wait any longer. I will send you good thoughts and strength.

When you get cleared check out the clip for High Step Challenge. It dosen't have much cardio but it packs a whallop. There is some good weight work in this one. I don't usually do circuit too much, but I like this one. I better stop now, cause I'm not narrowing things down.

Take care of your health,
jordan (or as you say j)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.