What do you use if you don't have the High STep for Cathe's Videos

AndreaClerk

I have the IMAX2 video and I love it. I won't order the others in the series because I don't have that high step. Someone help. Have anyone else been using a alternate type of step or what?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

I don't have a high step or something of equivalent height so I either substitue with my normal step or I'll just do lunges instead. My legs are still worked *hard* so I don't feel I'm missing out on much. I'm looking forward to getting the high step when it comes out though.
ATB,
- Lisa :)

RE: What do you use if you don't have the High STep for...

Hello. I use my regular step with extra risers underneath. I usually step up on one side or the other, not in the center, because I have the notion it is safer. I am SO accustomed to doing it this way with no problem that I may not purchase the new high step (yeah right!).

Teresa

I use my Reebok step at its highest (which I believe is only 10 or 12 inches.) I also use it for Firm tall box work. I'm really looking forward to the high step... it will be my birthday present this year.

I use a plastic stepstool that I bought at Home Depot for $12.00! It's made by Cosco & is probably a little taller than the high step that Cathe & crew use but I'm also a little taller so it works for me!

Leslie

Hi, I don't have a high step either, so I use my wooden foot stool that is about 15 inches high. I've heard people using their chair. Now Im just wondering about the high step that is going to be available soon that im going have to order the whole thing with the riser because I only have 4 and in Cathe's video you can see she use 5 riser unless anybody knows where you can just buy 1 riser somewhere?

Thanks everyone so much for your advice. I plan on ordering the high step but until then I will use what I have at home. I have the reebok step and i just purchased an Original Step like the one she has on the video now I have to purchase the high step!! My hubby is gonna kill me!

Thanks again
Andrea

Andrea:

maybe you can save your money for something else.

You don't have to have the high step just beuase it's what Cathe uses. I personally use a wooden dining room chair and it is fabulous, it works extremely effectively. I am sure you can find a cheaper sub than forking out for another piece of gym equipment, especially if $ is tight.... You know, you could just ask a partner to make you a wooden box of sturdy planks at required height......

CLare

:) I use a plastic step stool on top of my step. My step does not have risers. Works well for me!:D

I'm going to use my tall box that I do The Firm with. I am thinking of getting the red stability ball though. I love that color!

Thanks Clare,

I will use a chair. I will go broke trying to pay for all of these different exercise equipment pieces while paying a monthly gym membership fee. I will work with whats available.

Andrea

I have step stools and etc, at home from being cheap and buying just the firm tapes, but I don't like them. One 55 min. tapes seems like 2 hours.
Thanks Again

I use the Rubbermaid step tool box. It's about 12" high and you can store weights in it. I think I got it at Ace Hardware about 3 years ago. Very sturdy and less than $20!

It's actually 13.75" high. It can be placed on top of step (with or without risers)to be 20+" (Great for sit and stands!)

I think I win the "El Cheapo" award. There was a time when I was doing Firm workouts (before I discovered Cathe) that I used a milk crate with a fat phone book on top! LOL!

I use FIRM's wooden tall box. Before I had this, I used our wooden foot stool...but the family was always using it. I splurged a couple of years ago & purchased FIRM's box for about $35.

Melanie
Due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

>I use the Rubbermaid step tool box. It's about 12" high and
>you can store weights in it. I think I got it at Ace Hardware
>about 3 years ago. Very sturdy and less than $20!
>
>It's actually 13.75" high. It can be placed on top of step
>(with or without risers)to be 20+" (Great for sit and
>stands!)

I use the same thing. :) It's worked fine for me for six years.

I have the Club step and a Reebok and I just put one on top of the other when doing step ups or sit and stands. They are both slow controlled moves, so I don't have any problems with stability.

Sueter

I bought a Rubbermaid 15 in. step stool from Walmart for $6 and some change. Not bad and it serves the purpose.

Nette

I actually went one step further with the milk crate idea -- I had a thick piece of wood cut down to size and riveted to the top of the milk crate. I've been using it for years (starting with Firm videos) and it works great. If you get a little creative and resourceful, you can save $$$$$! :)

I use the Firm Fanny Lifter. I works well with leaner legs during the part where you lower the height and do the "one legged lunge" with you back foot on the step. I used to use the wooden one from the Firm, and before that, I used a wooden one that someone at my office made for reaching on top of very high filing drawers. There are several good options. I am still trying to decide whether or not to get the new High Step. It is really tempting!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.