What do you all tell yourselves...

Liz66

Cathlete
...when you're kinda peckish later in the evening and it'd be so easy to just grab a Chips Ahoy, but then one's not enough, so you eat two more. I'm not talking about the all-out, oh what's the use I'm going to have a feast fest - just that nibbling thing...?? What do you tell yourselves to make you stop? Needless to say, I'm not having a lot of success, particularly during TTOTM...

Thanks,
Liz

During TTOTM, I just give in. I can't help myself! Other times, I always keep 100 cal packs around. Especially those hostess cupcakes. Or else I actually measure out a snack. I never bring out the whole bag.
LD

I'll have to get some of those 100 calorie packs - thanks for reminding me of them! They seem to do the trick - but dang that monthly! I hate it - I feel hungry all the time and just want carbs, carbs, carbs! I have it for about 3 days and I feel like I completely un-do all my hard work... it's so discouraging!

I tell myself to have a few and not worry about it. :) I'll take out a few chips (or cookies, hehe), place them in a bowl and close the box/container and put it away. Then I crab a water (or in my case, every snack is accompanied by a glass of Crystal Light!) and go sit and enjoy every single morsel.( :)

p.s. Yes, those 100 calorie packs are amazing for occasions just like this!

Allison

If I want a cookie, I'll eat a cookie. But I place rules on myself that I have to only take one cookie at a time, seal the bag, place it back in the cabinet, and I can't take a bite of the cookie until I sit down. This all takes time and thought and slows me down.

Diane

DH and I try not to keep things like that in the house - but one other poster (can't remember who) had suggested on another thread her three-bite rule: she will take three bites of what she's craving, and that's usually enough to take care of her craving.

Sometimes instead of right out sweets, I'll have a no-sugarm no fat hot chocolate.

Susan L.G.

I dont tell myself anything because I wont listen}(

i KNOW I'll nibble too much so weather its a cracker or cookie or cake I take 1 put the bag away.... walk to living room sit & eat.... That way it has to be a conscious choice to get up and do the process again... I figure even if I eat the whole bag/box then I got a little extra exercise! :+

I also am a fan of the 100 calorie packs. In the summer I will also visit the ice cream parlor and get a kiddie scoop in a dish. I figure if I am willing to get int he car and drive to my ice cream I must really want it ;-)

I say to myself, "Self, you need to stop eating right now!" And then myself usually responds with, "shut up!":7 That is always during TTOTM, thankfully the rest of the month, I am pretty good at ignoring my little "sugar devil"}(

When I'm good, I try to figure out what it is I'm craving: is it a certain taste? a certain texture?

If it's a non-specific food craving, then sometimes a banana will satisfy it. Crunchy cravings sometimes are satisfied with an apple. Sweets with a fruit. Other times, I'll make some herbal tea, if it's sweet that I'm craving. Or I'll have some chocolate hemp or rice milk (or some vanilla hemp or rice milk, with some Herbasway chocolate concentrate in.

When I'm bad, I wouldn't listen to myself anyway!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.