What Constitutes A "PIG OUT" For You?

D

donna

I'm curious..a thread from another poster in Ask Cathe led me to wonder what you consider a "pig out".

I have a great many weaknesses. I'm better about most of them than when I was in my 20's because Mr. Metabolism has taken a dump. I can no longer drop 5 pounds in a week so i watch the pig out sessions.

However, I do lose the battle sometimes and when I do it's usually:

1. Dreyers French Silk Ice Cream
2. Nacho Spicy Corn Chips
3. Peanuts and cashews
4. MEXICAN FOOD (I can eat until I burst)

What are your favorite pig out foods?

Hmmmm!

1.(Definitely #1-Grandma Shearers (Grandpa's Choice) Potato Chips!!! :9 :9 :9 Extra greasy and salty! YIKES! (They are downright crunchy!)

2.Peanut M & M's!

3.Peanut Butter-has to be Jiff's EXTRA Crunchy!

Shhhh~I have been known to HIDE the bag of chips just in case my son or hubby decide they have an urge for MY CHIPS!!!!
Thank goodness I'm heading out the door to teach my Hi/Lo class right now!!!;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Oh Boy! My pig out list would read like "War and Peace". At the top are probably:

1. Any and all ice cream except Butter Pecan. This week it has been Edy's Coney Island Waffle Cone :9

2. Doritos (Nacho Cheese and Ranch)and Chili & Cheese Fritos

3. Bread and butter

4. Cafe Creme cookies.

Believe me, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I try to limit my pig out day to Saturday but sometimes I can be very creative with rationalizing why I need to cheat! ;-)

Lorrie

I just love sweets, if I have to rank them it would go like this.

1. Peanut Butter M&Ms

2. Homemade chocolate chip cookies. (the dough too!)

3. Cheesecake (anykind)

:)

Every single Sunday morning on the way to church, we stop and get Krispy kreme donuts, chocolate covered! Two of them, 280 calories each. (with a diet coke, of course)

Kim

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-01 AT 06:42AM (Est)[/font][p]What a great question!

First a trip to someplace that serves hamburgers and french fries, like Fuddruckers, then ice cream and whatever I have in the freezer that I have saved. Some sort of cake, usually, and some sort of candy. Also, peanut butter eaten straight out of the jar with a spoon.

Deb H....speaking of local potato chips! Have you ever tried Corell's out of Beach City, or that other brand that they make in Ragersville? I can't think of the name! O.K. potato chips that they used to make in Kenmore was another good one. Every town has it's own great local brand. Nothin' better than a good, greasy potato chip!

I thought of the name of the Ragersville chips.....Tripps! I'll have to get you some for your birthday to try.

Wow -- how about the crumb part of Entemann's Ultimate Crumb Cake - or maybe hmmmm any kind of cookie or Fat Free Cool Whip! and oh my goodness -- halloween is coming! and that means all those "fun size" chocolate candies! Fun indeed!

Cheez-Its crackers (big and small, doesn't matter)

Old Dutch Ruffled potato chips

Old Dutch Baked Cheese Doodles

Cool Whip Extra Creamy topping right out of the tub

The french fries from my husband's plate (regardless of whether or not he's done with them)

Subway Sandwich Shop oatmeal raisin cookies

A tear is forming . . .

Annette

Annette, you're a woman after my own heart.....Chees-its rule!! I'm not much for sweets, but I can wolf down a bag of chips (the saltier the better) in no time flat. Oh, dont forget going to the movie theater just for the popcorn with extra butter!

Stacy

Ahhhh, a post I can definately relate to! Top 5 would have to be:

1) Chips and salsa (basket after basket at the Mexican restuarant)

2) Cheesecake and/or key lime pie....better yet Key lime flavored cheesecake!!! (Did you know you can buy the singles at the grocery store??? Really really good...come in packs of two and once in a while my husband actually gets his slice!)

3) Circus peanuts....eat 'em til you sick

4) Pizza.....I could and have eaten a whole pizza before..sad but true. I put away more than my husband...he annoyingly eats a salad first and then eats 2 slices. Its just sickening!

5)Chinese Food.....3 helpings at dinner and then of course, more late at nite cuz I get hungry again....thats a rule isnt it?

There's no doubt more but thats the top 5!

I would have to say that a pig-out for me is:

1. Eating 5 svenhards breakfast pastries in one day.

2. Eating a whole box of those cinnamon sugar covered little entemanns donuts.

3. Going to Maryanns Ice Cream (located in Santa Cruz,ca) and ordering as much cinnamon caramel ice cream as you can possibly eat at one sitting. This place has the BEST ice cream you've EVER tasted in your life! If you ever go to Santa Cruz you MUST go here!!

I could pig out on a lot of things you guys have already said.:9

I have to go out for ice cream because it wouldn't stay long in the freezer.

Red licorice....the whole package.

Marshmallows....I sometimes have to buy two bags if I am planning to make rice crispy squares. One to eat and the other for the squares.

Those little bits of chocolate covered 'things'. They come in Skor, peppermint etc.

Potato chips & dip and I agree with Honeybunch, peanut butter right out of the jar.

I could go on and on but this is getting embarassing so I'll leave it at these.

Aah, the pigout!

1. Potato chips

2. Key Lime Pie

3. Potato chips

4. M & M's (can't have them in the house)

5. Did I forget potato chips??

6. Mexican, especially guacamole!

Ok, now I'm hungry! ;-)

I try not to waste calories on any dessert that does not involve chocolate! With that in mind....

1. Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: I literally CANNOT eat this. I have been known to eat nothing but this delectable concoction for two days once I get started.

2. Plain M & Ms, eaten in color order. (First brown, then yellow, then orange, then green, then red, then blue...eating them in this order neutralizes the calories)

3. Crusty french baguette with olive oil, olive spread, plain old olives...

4. Fragrant Indian Food...aloo palak, channa masala, basmati rice, chutney, hot naan! My eyes are rolling back in my head!

5. Lots of frosting with just a tiny bit of cake.

6. A perfect ripe mango

I could go on and on....I love food!!!

Gotta eat dinner! (Cabbage soup with kidney beans, cumin, tomatoes...better for me but not quite as good as the other things i've listed!)
Shannon

Hi Shannon, so glad to know I'm not the only one who eats my M&M's by colour! And to think, I didn't know it neutralized the calories! Ready, set...
;-)

Nope!

Never tried any of those chips! I'm very skeptical as I LOVE my Grandpa chips waaaay too much to try others! I'm with you also on the spoon in the JIFF Peanut Butter jar! Oh my goodness, my hubby is not due home for dinner for another hour! I AM HUNGRY!!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Here is my list:

1) Chips and Salsa at a Mexican restaurant (basket after basket like Cbelle!)

2) Movie popcorn - no butter though

3) Peanut butter (crunchy) straight from the jar

4) Any kind of nuts, especially peanuts from the shell

5) Candy Corns - I could eat 'em forever, so I never buy them

I guess I'm more tempted by the salty stuff than the sweet. I've never really been much into chocolate, but I'm getting more into it since having a baby. Maybe it has to do with the hormones.

Emily

I'll take quite a number of the things listed above and add a few:

Soft sugar cookies with frosting so sweet it makes your teeth ache.

El Molinito's Resturant (here in Tucson) world class salsa and tortilla chips.

Baskin Robbins Pistachio Ice Cream

The more I think about it, the more things that come to mind! Here are just a few:

1. Turtle flavored frozen custard in a big waffle cone

2. Nachos BellGrande

3. Any kind of chocolate dessert - especially soft, chewy brownies with frosting a 1/2" thick!

4. Reduced fat Jif peanut butter (I actually prefer it to the regular stuff)

5. A big bowl of kid cereal like Lucky Charms or Cocoa Krispies

6. Pizza Hut cheese breadsticks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.