what are your hobbies..besides fitness???

LUXX26

Cathlete
I thought this would be a fun little post for everyone to know more about each other- I know from time to time we do these and they are fun- then they get pushed back and noone reads them. so here we go again...
My hobbies are:
creating blends from essential oils
healing,cleaning and learning about herbs
going to see my husbands band play
collecting herbs in the wild
spending time on the internet
oh and how could I forget- collecting garbage Pail kid stickers.....I know your probably laughing, as a child I collected these and this year there is a new edition- when I saw them I had to start my collection up again....it actually relieves stress looking and laughing at those stickers...keeps me young too!!

I love to sew clothes, knit, crochet (any needlework actually) and make sourdough bread. Don't I just sound like an old housewife?:7

What a great thread! I love to read books, cross stitch, and draw. My husband and I also collect classic cars. Right now we have a convertible Mustang and a Chevy Camaro. The funny thing is they are both from 1967 and red. We did not plan on them being the same year and color, just happened.

Have a great day.

I love reading, learning new software (currently working on ArcView and Photoshop), doing animal and wildlife rescue, talking about Myers-Briggs and learning about alternative healing and natural foods, in no particular order. I am also an avid scuba diver, but I don't do it very often because I don't live near any great diving sites.

Hi
I don't post much but this seems like a fun thread. I love to read and have been learning to crochet for the past 3 years, I say that because I am still making one afghan from then. But my excuse is that I am left handed and the instructions are for right handed people. I also love bike riding and hanging out with my kids.
Phyllis:D

- I love walking and playing with my dogs.
- Love to read.
- Go to movies with DH.
- Scuba diving, although we haven't gone in a couple of years.
- Decorating our house.
- Spending time with daughter and graddaughter.

Mogambo - Looks like we have a couple of things in common. I'd love to hear about your diving experiences. I'm also a Myers-Briggs junkie. I am an ENFP, what are you?

I enjoy:

Singing (choir)
Painting (as in landscapes, etc.)
Playing computer games
Shopping (oh, it's such a hobby, lol)
Hiking (but don't do it much)

Fun thread! I like to:

Read
Knit
Quilt
Cook
Entertain
Decorate

It was nice to see other needleworkers post. I'm looking forward to teaching my daughter to knit to keep the craft alive. My mother-in-law taught me to knit when I was 16. (I wasn't married at the time.) I often kid my husband that I married him for his mother's needlecraft skills.

I love to crochet and I love to cross stitch, I am in the process of finishing an afghan I started last septemeber and almost done with it and then I plan on starting a beautiful picture of an American eagle soaring over the mountains as a cross stitch picture.
as for other things well I am old but still discovering new things LOL but so far I only have two that I really enjoy. Gee I hope I am not to boring of a person since I only have to hobbies:(

I LOVE to read
My favorite thing to read is the Wall Street Journal.
Love the internet.
Going to school is a hobby right now.
experimenting with makeup
exercise
cooking
listening to talk-radio.

I used to cross stitch. I miss it.

Danna

Hey everybody what a great topic.

My hobbies are I love to read (could spend a whole day in Borders bookstore looking at books), I do cross stitch and quilting. I'm working on a lap quilt right now with butterflies, birds,flowers, and dragonflies on it (it's a stamped embroidery design from Bucilla), love to play with my dog. When everything in the world seems out of control I can always depend on my dog to make my day better. I love to cook and bake and discover new recipies. I took that Meyers-Briggs test a few years ago for my company and all I can remember is that I'm an introvert.

Kim

Hi Luxx! I love to dabble in photography when not working out. Also enjoy swimming & cycling. I know this is still fitness but these are my hobbies!!:7 I recently went golfing & OH MY I just LOVE IT!!! My wonderful husband already got me a golf bag w/all the clubs; I'm married to a real great guy so can't wait this Sunday to go to the golf range & practice. Other than photography I really don't have any other hobbies that aren't fitness oriented. Great thread though! Kathy:D

I enjoy walking, gardening, playing with my 3-year old son.

Between working FT, keeping up the house, cooking dinner, etc. it is hard to find "me" time.

I love to read, go to the park with the dog and my 4 year old son. I also love to bake, and crochet. Haven't done either of those in quite a while, but still love to do them!
Kathy

I only have time for "one" other hobby which is my 4 dogs. We show, compete in agility, hunt and are dabbling on obedience also.

Colleen

Cool thread!

I love music, particularly Prince, so I spend lots of time on prince.org, going to record shows and small shops ('wrecka stows')looking for bootlegs and rarities.

I love reading and writing and am involved in a book group and a writers' group. I also love visiting sites like theonion.com or poetry.com for my reading pleasure.

I love (notice a pattern here?) movies and see, on average, 3 a week. My dream job would be movie reviewer.

Bees - don't kill me, but once a week I go to Archivers with my friend and we scrapbook. Sorry, I've outed myself.

That's about it... Gee, no wonder why my house is so messy, I've got too many hobbies!

Luxx,

I forgot about Garbage Pail Kids stickers- I didn't know they were still around!

My hobbies are:

Hanging out with my dog Mikey
Reading
Movies
Learning about random things on the net
Cleaning
And posting on these boards lol

Gina

Mogambo,

I'm wondering what type of animal & wildlife rescue you are involved in. I'd eventually like to work for an animal rights or humane education organization someday.

Gina

Well let's see...when I am not working out I am:

1. ATV riding...speed demon! }(
2. Lawn mowing...during summer of course!;)
3. Gardening
4. Needlework
5. Reading history books
6. Playing video games with my husband...character building exercise!x(
7. Playing with the dogs
8. Fishing
9. And anything else that makes me feel like a kid again...must be legal of course}(

Have a great day!

Melissa
Utah:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.