What are YOU reading???

Hi Marcia! I read Middlesex quite some time ago. Different is the word all right!!!:eek: Seriously though from what I remember it was excellent. I believe there turning it into a movie. Kathy:D

I just finished Lottery by Patricia Wood - absolutely fantastic book, made me laugh out loud and cry too. The characters will stay with me for a long time.

Now I'm reading Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill and the writing is beautiful.

More kudos for Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns also, wonderful wonderful reads.

Lorrie
http://www.whatsupdoxdachshundshoppe.com

>I'm reading "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides. Wow... it's
>great so far! Anybody read that one? (Really interesting,
>really different.)
>
>Marcia

Hi Marcia,
I read Middlesex a few years ago and I enjoyed it very much. It was one of those memorable stories that sticks in your brain;-)

If you like Middlesex then you might also like The Shipping News. Totally different stories but both interesting in their own ways.

Hi Andrea (& Kathy)

Glad to hear you ladies liked Middlesex. I've never read The Shipping News, but is that the book they did a movie about many, many years ago with Kevin Spacey? (I think he was in it... and I think it had that title. Then again, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday!)
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll read that one next.

Marcia

>Hi Andrea (& Kathy)
>
>Glad to hear you ladies liked Middlesex. I've never read The
>Shipping News, but is that the book they did a movie about
>many, many years ago with Kevin Spacey? (I think he was in
>it... and I think it had that title. Then again, I can't
>remember what I had for lunch yesterday!)
>Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll read that one
>next.
>
>Marcia

Marcia
Yes, that's the one! The Shipping News was made into a movie with Kevin Spacey, but I felt that the book was much better. I think I'm connecting the books because they were both very good and I read them around the same time frame (along with "She's Come Undone" and "Snow Falling on Cedars")...all very good books.

I listened to The Road on CD. Yes, very haunting, sad, painful but in a valuable way I thought. The bond between father and son and their essential goodness as two humans come through strongly as the book goes on; but you certainly know since you already started the book-no happy ending!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.