What are you doing to help save on gasoline?????

I've been staying at home more. If I have to go to town I make sure I get everything I'm going to need in one trip. This week has killed by boycott with my DD having gymnastic camp. I quess being better organized has helped save me money on gas.

Farrah

Thanks Shannon for the info! :) I had a feeling it wouldn't be easy to get the vegetable oil for free. Good thing to know about the pumps too, I didn't know about that.
Sabine

Unfortunately I'm in sales and have to drive quite a bit. I usually fill up twice a week at around $65.00 a pop. My 4Runner is paid for and I was considering getting something larger but now will keep it until my company makes me buy something new. I'm also VERY lucky that I don't pay for my gas but it makes me angry when the prices go up daily. With that said, I try to plan my calls so that if I travel farther for that day then I will target as many accounts, prospects as I can. I will also call before heading anywhere 20 to 25 miles away.

I don't take it forgranted that I have it better than a lot of people when it comes to the gas crisis and keep thinking any day we will get an e-mail or phone call saying not to drive or they are cutting us off or at least cutting back. I've asked several times and have been told that driving is a vital part of our job and the company would never do this but I bet they didn't figure gas would ever be $4.00 a gallong either huh?

Annette

I really try to organize things to not have to run around a lot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I used to love to shop and run around to different stores without a care in the world about how far I went our how much gas I used. I definitely think about it now. I also only try to buy from local stores so that if I have to take something back I don't have to drive far to do so.

I take the bus to work everyday, but that's only because it's extremely convenient. If it wasn't, then I would have a hard time doing that on a regular basis.

I am stopping at the grocery store and doing other errands on my way home from work rather than going home first then going back out.

We have been eating dinner at home most nights rather than going out.

If I go out at lunch time I usually walk to nearby places.

I drive the speed limit.

We are limiting our recreational drives on the weekends and staying in more.

I work from home and my husband only works 4 miles from home. We both just purchased scooters. Mine averages 100 mpg and his 110mpg. I use it for my errand running around town if it is not raining - which seems to be rare!

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.