We're In This Together **Sept**

Hello Ladies!

I am still under the weather, but starting to feel a little bit better. I can't decide if we should make the trip home or not.

Sarah- Hello!!! Great to have you back! Awesome job on the hike! 14 miles is amazing! I hope you and your hubby have a great day celebrating his birthday! I hope your hips feel better soon also. WTG on Body Rock! How did you like it? Thankfully Heins hasn't gotten sick as well! He seems to have a pretty tough immune system, I am very grateful for that!

Colleen- Great job on Afterburn! Like Sarah said, I also think of you and how busy you are and you are so good about sticking to your workouts, and tough one's at that! I am glad Dylan is warming up to Karate, my brother, sister, and I took Tae Kwon Do as kids, and once we warmed up to it, we loved it! We stuck with it for about 3 years. It will be great for his confidence and of course self-defense! You should totally let Lydia try it also :) I hope you can enjoy a relazing weekend! You certainly deserve it :)

Natty- WTG on Cardio Challenge! You seem to have quite the collection of work outs as well! I don't think I have seen you repeat one yet! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

-Rebekah

Quick post:
Happy that my news was well received last night about my blog being followed by Hootsuite.
Upset. My digital camera is gone. Noone has been in my house since late July when I left for northern MI. The teenager who babysat my cats, her or one of her friends took it.

Quick check in for me!

I have today off since I have to work tomorrow. Two weekdays out of the month I get to take a day off since I have to work at least 2 Saturdays a month. I totally look forward to these days because the kids are in school and I get the house all to myself! Joy! :D

That said, I need to get my butt moving if I'm going to get anything done today, not to mention my workout! :eek: I think today will be an HC day. :)

Sarah- How do you like the BodyRock thing? One of the ladies on VF has talked about that and it perked my interest. It's funny what Natty said...I'm actually less distracted by women with tight/provocative type clothing on in workout videos than in yoga videos that have guys with tight spandex pants and little else :eek:. Hello Rodney Yee! Don't need to see that...ahem...package. It almost makes me blush!:eek:

Jen- so sorry about your camera. :( Hopefully you just misplaced it and it will turn up. That sucks if one of the girls took it.

Rebekah- glad your starting to feel a little better!

Natty- you should totally try Bella in dance class! It's so cute watching them get into it! :D I definitely think Lydia is going to have to do karate here soon. She will totally dig it...girl is pretty agressive actually! lol

TTYL!

Colleen, wish you were right. The camera and firewire are not in its drawer. It stays in a water proof case and its not in there.
Mom and boyfriend called. Landlord texted them and they got anxious so I texted him back more detail. Thought it was over. I was hoping to talk to them in person at my home. They dont need this but I had to tell them.

Jen- So sorry you are still dealing with the teen house sitter. :mad: I'd be pissed and certainly be asking some questions to her parents.

I did Cyclemax!:D Yeah Me! I do have a huge grin on my face just like the smile icon. Yesterday I also took the dog on a walk. The BodyRock was fine and is a valid option for those people that have fast interent. But for me it takes way to long and pauses as it's buffering :confused: (I'm not sure thats thee right word). None the less my chest is sore from push-ups :)

I'm trying to incoorporate a rotation that uses. Cyclemax, Running, Hiit, Weights (maybe a high rep total body), TTM and Crossfire, TurboBarre, and HC. We will see what I come up with :confused: It seems like I should be able to fit all those in once a week, maybe ;) I

Colleen - I think for the variety junky that you are BodyRock would be great. I guess I still have a mental block with a 15 min workout being just as good as 50 minutes.

Rebekah - Instead of your husband getting sick mine did :mad:. I suppose thats what I get for opening my big fat mouth :eek:. I scheduled a massage for him this morning and he had to leave early he was feeling sweaty and nauseous. Now he is asleep. Hopefully he will be feeling better when he gets ups.

Nat - They do have enormous boobs and I'm am so envious of them :p They have very nice bodies overall (maybe a little too thin). Some of them seem a little more genuine than others. I think what bothers me isn't the boobs its the way its filmed. They are exercising, and their whole body should be filmed, not their cleavage and certainly not their cheeky asses. :mad:

Sarah

Last edited:
Good Morning and Happy Weekend Ladies!!!

I finally felt okay to do a work out yesterday :) I did Butt Bible lower level 1 & 2 followed by LBB floorwork, aka glutes and hammies fried workout ;) So nice to feel some DOMS again!

Jen- I am so sorry about your camera! That is awful :( I hope they are honest about the situation and you are able to get it back.

Colleen- Yay! for a day off, I hope you enjoyed some R&R having the house to yourself :) I am sure you killed it with HC, as usual ;)

Sarah- WTG on CycleMax and BodyRock! Your rotation sounds killer! Anything with CF and TTM will be a doozie! I hope your husband feels better soon!

Natty- Hope you're doing well!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Good morning everyone :)

Yesterday I went for a 4 mile walk. That was my workout :D.

Today will be Turbo Barre and Sunday I have decided to do Crossfire :eek:.

Do any of you own Cathe's Power Hour, Max Intensity Strength, Super-Sets & Push/Pull? What do you think?

Rebekah
I'm glad to see you are feeling better :).
OMG your legs & glutes must be on fire today :eek:. I love the floor work on LBB. I usually have to wipe tears of pain off my face :eek:. Floor work is not my forte.

Sarah
Yay for CycleMax!!! I'm jealous you have a spin bike (I think I said that already :eek:). Make sure you post your final rotation so I can see it :D. I was thinking of doing something totally different next month, where I do 2X total body high reps workouts, 1X circuit workout, 2X cardio, 1X Yoga. We'll see...
I am also envious of the big boobies ;). If I had an extra $10,000 laying around, I would so totally get a C-cup :D.

Jen
I'm sorry to hear about your camera :(. If that girl took it, she has some nerve :mad:. Even as a teen, I would never take something from anyone EVER!! I hope you get it back.

Colleen
I'm jealous of your alone time at the house. Relish every moment, they are rare.
LOL about the "package" :D. I have no problem with that :D. Don't get me wrong, I do get somewhat distracted, and sometimes my mind starts to wonder too...:eek:.

Have a great Saturday ladies :)

Update: Teenager is grounded after Mom and boyfriend confronted her. No sign of camera. Impression she will pay for a new one. Battery was dead on it too. Didn't take charger. Mom and BF going to visit me this weekend.

Will update with everyone on Sunday.
Thanks for being supportive.

I took a 3 mile jog today :D Just cleaning up my diet in a matter of 2 days has helped me feel sooooo much better :D However, I am afraid of the scale still. I'm thinking I put on about 10 pounds from being a glutin :eek:

We ended up going to see Batman Dark Night Rising last night. Apparently he (husband) was well enough to do that but nothng more. We had plans with Castle Rock friends (just started getting together with 3 other families last month) for tonight but my husband said he wasn't feeling good enough to go and that I could take the kids and go. I chose not to go because one thing I didn't want was one more function that I am husbandless :mad: Feeling annoyed right now.

Jen I am glad for you the parents are listening instead of in denial, thats a step in the right direction. I still am sorry that you are having to go through this crapola.

Nat - If memory serves me correctly I used to do Power Hour and Push and Pull on Fit TV and I really liked them. Push and Pull has a really good exercise for the anterior delt (for the sexy litlle cut between your shoulder and bicep right in the crease of your armpit) I have been trying to get pusg and pull for awhile now mut have been getting sidetracked due to enables ahem... Colleen ;) I really wanted to change things up and not sure thats enough of a big change. I was actually thinking about the bootcamp rotation it looks awful ;) good. I also have a rotation to learn how to run a marathon (which I have no desiree to do) but it would be a huge change to my usual.

Rebekah - I keep forgetting to check out the butt bible :( I want lower body doms :D I rarely get sore it's more of just fatigue I feel in my legs. Glad to hear your feeling better and hopefully back to 100% soon

Colleen - My daughters and I were just talking about male ballerinas packages too. I told them there is a penis down there, I rather have a buldge than be able to make out a mushroom :eek: Sorry

Sarah

Good morning ladies :)

Yesterday Bella got her 3rd haircut...yes you read that right. She didn't start to get hair until 1yrs old, and by the time she was 2yrs old she still really didn't have much hair. We take her to a kids hair salon called Melon Heads. It's quite the kiddie experience. They get to sit in little cool chairs like one of a car, train, horse, ect. There is a waiting area w/toys, they put hair glitter and pretty clips on the hair once it's done and give them a little candy at the end. If it's baby's first hair cut (which for me it was Toddler) they clip a piece of hair onto a little certificate. Very Cute :).

I made a stride in Turbo Barre yesterday. I upped my weights from 5lbs to 6lbs for everything except tri's, which I went from 3lbs to 4lbs. As for the leg drills, I am getting better taking less breaks and lifting my leg higher without dropping. I get really frustrated with it because it's taken me SO long to advance even a little bit with that. And for me, it's not so much the working leg but the supporting leg that gives out. Is that the case with you guys?

Sarah
Great job on the jog and eating better. It looks like you got back on track real fast. Proud of ya :).
Don't step on the scale for another 2 weeks until your exercise and eating has stabilized. That's my advice and I'm sticking to it ;).
I loved The Dark Knight. Mark is on a quest to look like Tom Hardy (Bane) :confused:. That's his man crush right now :eek:. Watch Warrior with him in it. OMG he is a super hottie of hotties :eek:.
Training for a marathon is very tough (oh so I've heard) but I think if you really want it, you can nail it. We'll be cheering you on!

Rebekah
Did you end up making the trip home?
I hope you are feeling much better :).

Jen
So the girl DID in fact take the camera? Ya, she better get her a** a job and pay for a new one. That would be the best way to teach her a lesson.

Have a good one ladies!

Hello Friends.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!!

Rebekah-Hope you're feeling better. Illness is not fun. Your muscles must be screaming today.

Sarah-DH has selective stuff on what he feels like doing, my ex did that too plus guys I dated. Post-Aurora, I think my local theatre quit showing it late night. Your rotation sounds like fun.

Colleen-Enjoy having the house to yourself with no kids or DH.

Natty-My niece was the same way, no hair. I think my sister has only cut her hair once or twice and she's 6. TB is a great workout.

Thanks for the support and allowing me to vent. The camera and wire (camera to pc or camera to phone) is gone. I always keep everything in its place. Organized with my stuff and only thing I didn't hide when she was here. It was in a drawer near my desktop. Not sure if she took it or one of her friends but she was the responsible party. But, she is grounded either way. Her Mom and DB were not surprised with the news, its one more hurdle. The information I gave them via text apparently opened the doors on some other stuff. If I'm satisfied, I will contact the police or contact the landlord. Her Mom, I used to work with and I truly liked her back then plus the boyfriend has helped me out alot too.
job hunt-no word on any interviews.

Happy Sunday ladies!

Well, the weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was working (I work 9-2 every other Saturday). At about 11:30, as I could hear the opticians screening the next two patients (husband and wife) I suddenly felt so incredibly nauseous. My stomach was hurting so badly, I was afraid I was going to throw up right there in my office:confused:. They gave me the files and I just closed the door of my office, praying that the feeling would be temporary and that I could try to get through their exams. Nope. I couldn't do it! :( I felt so bad, but we had to cancel and reschedule all the rest of the appointments for the day, and of course we were booked solid. I was almost afraid to drive home and was thisclose to calling Mark to come get me. I managed it though. I never ended up throwing up but when I got home I laid in bed all day yesterday! :( I got up at 8:00 a.m. and feel a little better, although my stomach isn't 100% at the moment.

I hope your feeling better Rebekah! Also your DH, Sarah, is he feeling better? Did the sickness get passed on to anyone else?

Jen- that so totally sucks that the girl did end up taking the camera. :( How disappointing. I know what you mean about being organized when you live alone. When I was by myself in my apartment, nothing moved unless it was me who moved it! I knew where everything was at all times. I remember one time my sister, who had a key, came into my apartment when I was working. The second I walked in the door there was just one thing that was out of place. I called her up and said "you at my apartment today?" she's all "how did you know??" lol It's a totally different story now that I have DH and the kids. I never know where anything is:confused:.

Natty- That is sooo cute about the hair cut place! :D My kids had tons of hair when they were born! I was able to put Lydia's hair up in that single little "palm tree" up on her head when she was just 6 months old! Hee. I really need to try and do Turbo Barre more often. I like it, but it's the only barre type workout that I can tolerate. I don't mind the lifting over and over again if it's Cathe urging me on!

I really hope I feel up to working out later. I had To the Max on tap today and I really really wanna do it!! :eek:
Have a great day ladies!

Good morning ladies :)

Yesterday I did Crossfire :eek:. Holy cow, it is REALLY tough! I think I did it fully through (no premixes) only one time before. I'm going to be completely honest again, but I really wish Cathe did not do so much repetition in her tough cardio :(. Even repeating the moves 2X gives me dread. I never modify any moves, and I'm going full steam for each exercise, so it's not so much the physical aspect (well maybe a little ;)), but a mental one. Call me bratty, whiny, whatever, but that's my personal preference and I know there are others just like me (as per the thread in OD). I'm really not a freak of nature :eek:. Regardless, I do like Crossfire and it does a wonderful job at conditioning my heart and slashing megs cals :p. Those Tabata's are my favorites :eek:.

Today w/o will be a billion loads of laundry and Yoga later :).

Colleen

I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach :(. There are so many virus bugs going around now here too. I hope you continue to get better. Hang in there!

Jen
I'm sorry the camera was confirmed taken by that girl:(. You did the right thing by contacting her mom. TBH, I knew lots of teens when I went to school that stole stuff. It's just an unfamiliar rush they get I suppose. A way to "see" what they can get away with.

Have a good one!!

I agree about repeatin moves Nat. It's a mental thing also with me. You tell yourself you can do this for X amount of time/reps giving 110% and then you have to do it all over again. It's almost like lying to yourself :confused: Okay so that makes no sense but I tried to put it into words and I agree with you. I decided not to do marathon training, I just don't have the time or desiree :eek: But with still having to walk the dog and such it would just be to much activity. So I will still think about what rotation I would like to do.

I have already been for a 3 mile walk today and then plan on doing some of HC :eek:

Yesterday was spent moving all the furniture around the house only to put it back where it was :( We had for about 4 years now been thinking about building but now we are thinking we can make this small space work. I'm just not sure how, yet :(

Colleen - Honestly what you said is exactly what my husband did on Friday and he still didn't feel very good on Saturday. He also said nothing like that had ever happened to him either. I'm curious as to how your feeling now?

Rebekah - Are you back to your A game?

Nat - I looked at the actor that played Baine in Batman and he is a cutie indeed ;)

Sarah

Hello ladies!

Well, I'm at work today and I am feeling better. My stomach is a little tender, so I'm being careful about what I eat. Nothing too hard to digest if I can help it! I was better yesterday but not 100%. I slept most of Saturday away:confused:. I ended up getting Kick, Punch Crunch in Sunday...I figured I wouldn't be able to handle going anaerobic with TTM yesterday :eek:. I didn't exactly put my all into KPC...I did it without weighted gloves and sort of was doing the punches half heartedly. I mostly just wanted to get my blood flowing and sweep out the brain cobwebs from sleeping so much! It worked! I felt a lot better afterwards. :)

That's crazy about your DH Sarah having the same thing...I've heard there have been people around here complaining of what seems to be the same stomach bug but I really have no idea what kind of virus it is. It was pretty freaky. I think I may have been sort of battling it for the previous 4 days but I kept thinking my stomach was bothering me on and off from it being ttotm. GI upset is my most feared sickness :(. I honestly would rather have full blown flu or a head cold than GI discomfort. I'm such a baby :eek:.

No workout today. Tomorrow I'm thinking HC. :) I've been busy enabling as many people to get HC as I can on here! LOL There have been a few ladies pm'ing me questions and a couple who asked about it on OD that I pm'd about it. This enabling thing is like a compulsion! I can't help myself! LOL

Did you guys watch the Emmy's last night? Aaron Paul won! Yay! Breaking Bad lost best drama and Bryan Cranston lost best actor...boo!

Sarah- good luck with HC! Hang in there! It's tough at first but you'll get it. :)

Natty- Great job with Crossfire! Do you have those two on download? I bet you could use the workout blender and mix the Hiit's and tabata sections from CF and TTM! Wouldn't that be awesome? I think I suggested that with AB and CSS in the past. Is the workout blender working better lately? Less glitchy? I think I read somewhere that XTrain is going to have less repetition in the drills. I'm not sure where I read that though...

Jen and Rebekah- I hope you guys are having a great day and getting some great workouts in! :D

TTYL

Did you guys watch the Emmy's last night? Aaron Paul won! Yay! Breaking Bad lost best drama and Bryan Cranston lost best actor...boo!

Natty- Great job with Crossfire! Do you have those two on download? I bet you could use the workout blender and mix the Hiit's and tabata sections from CF and TTM! Wouldn't that be awesome? I think I suggested that with AB and CSS in the past. Is the workout blender working better lately? Less glitchy? I think I read somewhere that XTrain is going to have less repetition in the drills. I'm not sure where I read that though...

OMG YES! Aaron Paul is THE MAN!!! He deserved it -- but so did Bryan Cranston :(.

I Have TTM & CF on DVD's :(. Anyhoo the merging of AB and CSS did not fly. The program is still a bit glitchy. I can do two separate files and then play one and then the other. Beggars can't be choosers, I know. I'm lucky to even have Cathe downloads accessible to me, and I appreciate that so much.

I'm glad to see you are feeling a bit better. WTG on doing KPC even though you were still not 100%.

Bye bye for now!

Hello Lovely Ladies!!!

Sorry I was MIA for a bit, busy weekend yet again! I got in yet another great glute workout today! I can't seem to get enough lately. I did Butt Bible Lower Level 2, followed by my usual LBB floorwork, then did the ankle weight portion of Butts & Guts (no abs)
My glutes are on fi-yah! Pauline even had my legs trembling at one point, AWESOME!
I think tomorrow I will try Pauline's Upper Body portion of Butt Bible and see what that is all about.

Jen- I am feeling much better, almost 100%, nose is still stuffy though, ugh! Any news on camera, or interviews? Hopefully positive info for both :)

Colleen- I hope you start feeling better soon! Take it easy my dear! I admire you for putting in a workout despite feeling bad! Sickness takes everything out of me. Enjoy a day of rest today, I'm sure your body is thanking you, you have been working/working out a lot lately! I didn't watch the Emmy's, Heins always has the TV on Sportsman channel after Addie goes to bed (As Natty would say insert throw-up face here) lol I will never understand whats so great about watching men whisper at a camera in the woods! Hunting is yet another man hobby I just don't get.

Sarah- I would say I'm at a B+ game, lol. Not quite full speed, but hopefully tomorrow. I also wanted to add, if your not a big fan of repitition, you may not like Butt Bible, she does repeat quite a bit, but I promise it works! I don't like it either, but I can see results already. She's got me hooked :) I still urge you to give it a shot ;) WTG on 3 miles and HC! You are back at it with a vengance! Sorry about the furniture, that is a bummer, but on the bright side, you got a bonus work-out :) I try to think of that when I carry our groceries up the three flights of steps to our apartment :p I hope your husband is feeling better as well!

Natty- WTG on TurboBarre and Crossfire!!! I def need to dust off Crossfire, when it came out I did it once a week for almost 2 months, but haven't picked it up since then. I am bad at loving something but then burning myself out on it. That is so cute about Bella's haircut, love the Melon Heads name :) And in response to you asking about the supporting leg giving out, YES i have the exact same problem, and it also makes me very mad! haha Glad I'm not alone out there!

Check-in again soon!

-Rebekah

Rebekah
I came on just to tell you that I was viewing Butt Bible on youtube. I had no idea it was for upper body too! I love that it's only a 25min workout with minimal equipment! I'm gonna test one out this week on my LB day :D. I have no problem with repetition during weight training, it's only intense cardio. I hate to veer away from Cathe, but sometimes I have to give-in to my wondering eye ;).
BTW, I'm glad you are feeling better. I found that after I had Bella, I was kinda' forced to recoup fast when I got sick. Who the heck is gonna take care of my kid during the day? Anyway, the mind-body connection is very powerful. Before child, it would take me weeks to get better sometimes.

BB tomorrow! Have a good night ladies!

**OMG guys, check this dude out!!!**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYgmDEddug&feature=related

He is so cool! I think I might try this!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Natty- At first I didn't know it was for UB either! I only briefly checked out level one, I might do level 2 instead, her level 1's are a bit easy for us Cathletes ;) I looked at the link, I just couldn't stop laughing at the facial expressions from the girls in the back! Looks like a good workout though! Let me know if you try it :)

Jen, Sarah and Colleen- I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

Check-in again soon!

-Rebekah

Good morning :)

Yesterday's w/o was a little mix & match :D. The step portion of MIC (30min- OMG HARD!) + JM Shed & Shred (level 1- 30min). I really like Shed & Shred despite the negative reviews. It's a circuit fusion workout that mixes everything from plyo to body weight training, kickbox, boxing, and some cool other martial arts moves (I can't pronounce or spell the name :eek:). This workout is not extremely intense, and Jillian is a bit subdued, not her usual bad-a**-in-your-face. I think that's what throws people off TBH. I wish Jillian would do a weight training only DVD. She always says body weight training is the best way to get in shape, but I doubt she got that body from just doing Yoga :rolleyes:.

Today was supposed to be 4DS UB, but Mark is coming home late and I don't really want to do 1hr of strength at 8pm. I might just do a quickie workout of my own thing.

Sarah
I'm sorry you rearranged your furniture only to put it back the same way :(. We've done that too and it sucks :(.
Have you ever considered making an addition to your home? My uncle did it, an extra 900sq ft, and it turned out great! Because he did not have to pay for labor, it kept the costs down.

Have a good one ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.