We're In This Together **Sept**

Hello Lovely Ladies!!!
I hope you are all having a good weekend!
Other than going to the gym yesterday I have been indoors all weekend because of all the rain from the hurricane :confused: It is so dreary and yucky outside! I am ready for some sunlight :)
Yesterday we did 3 rep max for back squat, bench press, and deadlift.
I had a great time! I didn't know what my max anything was, so it took quite some time continuing to build up, I was there for an hour and a half! It was well worth it though, I ended up with 125 for back squat, 95 for bench press, and 130 for deadlift, they said my 1 rep max should be about 10 lbs more for each, so I hope I can work up to that! They put a picture of me deadlifting on the website, which I promptly "borrowed" :p for my avatar on here :)
Today I looked up WODs you can do at home and chose a 20 minute (AMRAP) as many rounds as possible of
30 sit ups, 25 air squats, 20 kettlebell swings, 15 burpees, and 10 push ups
my goal was 4, but I barely squeaked out 3, it looked a lot easier than it was! :p
It certainly got the job done! I wish I had the equipment to do a GHD sit up, which is what they do at the gym, the closest "movement" I could do was to lay flat with my feet anchored down under the couch and cross my arms over my chest so that I was only using my core.
Sorry I wrote a book there! :p

Natty- I am going to look up what a Vachon Flakie is as soon as I am done writing this post. It sounds intriguing! WTG on 4DS Bootcamp, 5 mile walk, STS bonus leg drills and Low Max! You are killing some awesome workouts as usual my friend! I totally agree with you on asian food not being the same without rice :( otherwise I don't miss it, but I love my Jasmine rice :eek:
And for the WOD on Thursday we did it outdoors, I love when we can get out and get some sun! I am PALE :p some Vitamin D will do me a lot of good!

Jen- I hope you have a grea time with your mom! Sorry about the rejection letter but I hope you hear some great news about the Dallas job! I hope you have a positive end to your job search journey very soon!

Sarah- Great to hear from you! I hope you are making good progress with your daughters room! Hopefully the end is in sight :)

Colleen- Great job on Cardio Supersets!!! How is that shoulder feeling? How is Peak 10? I've watched the clips and it looks super tough! I am sure you killed it :D Awesome about the Lower Body DOMS! I am missing those a bit, I have only been experiencing upper body soreness lately! Yes I am still sticking with Paleo, I thought I would have a hard time sticking with it, but the "reviews" from other CrossFitters seem to be true, the longer I go without stuff, the less I miss it, (minus the rice with asian food :p) I used to be a big Wine-o and I have totally kicked the habit and not even desired it since :) It took me a while to get used to having sausage and an apple, or eggs and an orange in the morning instead of me beloved cereal, but my stomach looks much flatter, I have noticeably more energy, and I am not getting headaches frequently like I used to. The switch certainly seems to have paid off.

Marie- Give Breckin a kiss for me! I hope you are all doing well!

Have a great evening every one!!!

-Rebekah

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday :)

No workout for me yesterday. I went grocery shopping and by the time I came back home I was pooped. It's also TTOTM, so I'm experiencing bouts of ups/downs in energy. Plus, insomnia gets me bad too :(.

Today I was going to pass on my workout, but went ahead with it. I warmed up with Crossfire + Firewalker Tabata :eek: and then MIS (minus ab section). Man, I love those Tabata's! Perfect way to warm-up to a workout :D.

Colleen[/B
I'm SO SO sorry about your shoulder :(. So you think it was over-training with HC 3X/week hun?
Yes, I loved the extended stretch! I was eying Stretch Max too! I did not like Cathe's Yoga, but for some reason I love the STS Extended stretch Yoga! I was digging her little outfit too :D.
I responded to your post in OD :D.
I will have to try that premix since having problems sitting on the toilet is right up my alley :D.

Jen
I hope you had a good time with your mom.
I'm SO sorry about the rejection letter :(:mad:.

Rebekah
I love your avatar pic!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!!
Your WOD's were impressive and tough as usual. Bob Harper has some on his website. I have a lot of his DVD's and they are insanely hard!
I believe a Flakie is not Paleo approved. It's totally worthless sugar calories, but oh-so-yummy. Pair it up with a coffee and OH MY GOD.
BTW, my workouts pail in comparison to yours. Crossfit looks unbelievable brutal in a very awesome way.

Gotta go have dinner! Have a good evening ladies!

Last edited:
Burn and Build was on the agenda today! I think that's my favorite non-Cathe, non HC workout! :p Good stuff and I love how much I sweat with it! On Friday, I wound up ditching Peak 10 CIB 10 minutes in. I used to like that one but honestly the way she does her workouts are so fast paced that they are almost too spastic for me. I like high impact, but I'm finding it really has to be in a drill format with controlled plyo for me to keep my knees happy :(.
I wound up doing the cardio on Jari Love's Ripped 1000 instead. Drill, basic choreo on the step? Check! :D

Natty- yeah, I think I was over doing it with HC 3x a week. Not only was I doing that, but many of my workouts have plank/pushup type work buried somewhere in the workout. I learned that this week when I was trying to think of other dvds to do! :eek: I had to just modify whenever those moves came up because I don't have too many that are totally vertical! lol

Rebekah- way to kill it with the WOD again! You totally look fantastic!!! :eek: That is intriguing about the Paleo and the flatter tummy...I may just have to look up some recipes! :p I gotta say, ever since I quit dairy, I feel so much better.

Jen- I'm so sorry about the rejection letter, too. Let's hope Dallas turns out more fruitful. :)

'kay, kids are being little devils. Gotta go split 'em up! :eek:

Hey all!

One handed tying again during feeding.

All is well! B is doing great! He is such a love! Tony went back to work on Sat but has today off so we are looking forward to family time. Hoping to run some errands. We are in serious need of produce. The family has been great with bringing food over but I miss my fruits and veggies. Sick of pasta and carbs ugh!

I'm feeling real good. Pain is pretty much gone :)

He is about done now so back to bed for us for a nap.

Hi everyone :)

We are starting to get the aftermath from the hurricane. Our province, Ontario, is always strongly affected by any hurricane coming from the Caribbean. I hope we don't lose power for an extended period. What the State of NY get, we get. So hopefully everyone is safe and there is no severe damage.

TTOTM is leaving me agitated and tired these days. I just want to crawl in a hole and stay there with no human contact whatsoever. It's days like these that I wish I was not home alone with my daughter, as I'm not in the "mood" to entertain her.

I GOT DRILL MAX TODAY!!! I did the cardio premix only and it was great! I previewed the entire workout quickly and oh man, does it look tough! I doubt I will do the entire 70min workout often, but I'm glad it's in my collection.

Marie
No need to respond personally to me, just wanted to say I'm glad your c-sec pain is going away and everything is going well with you, Breckin and Tony.
I remember getting food from family. Yes, it was carb loaded! Not a single veggie -- actually no wait, my Nonna brought over Minestrone Soup and Rapini a few times.

Have a good day ladies :)

Hi Friends.

Not sociable today. My cats kept me up most of the night because of the full moon. Mid-term at class tonight. Rejection letter day today. No control of this job hunt. Sick and tired of it plus the class too.
Bright spot. Working with a realtor in the DFW metroplex to locate a condo to rent with my situation.

JTA

Well, all is well here in my small city. Southern Ontario (Toronto, Niagara Falls) got hit pretty bad. Thousands left without power and sadly one woman died from falling debris from a Staples billboard. Had I still been living in Toronto, I would probably be without power right now. I remember that famous Blackout that affected Canada & USA not long ago. Two days we were without power in my apartment building. It was absolutely horrible. I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed that me and my loved ones have never been harmed or lost our homes during a hurricane, earthquake or tsunami. I try not to complain about trivial things a lot of the time, as I know my problems pale in comparison to others around the world going through real problems and suffering.

No workout for me today. I had to do massive loads of laundry plus wash the floors. I am not complaining, because at least I have water to do those things.

I'm happy everyone is safe and with power :)

Hello ladies!
Check in today: To the Max extreme premix, minus the core section. I actually have to modify the low impact slide and glide the most, ironically. Instead of doing the moves Cathe does, I just did this on the rebounder: jacks, jump rope, cross country ski, high knees-repeat. I basically used her as a timer for the tabata.;) Usually I do the plank stuff in that one, but of course I'm staying away from that stuff for now.

I'm hoping to get back at it (HC and plank work, that is) next week. My shoulder feels fine (no pain), but it still wants to get a little clickety/clackety during certain arm movements so I'm holding off a little longer. I am so scared to see what my push up endurance has deteriorated to. :(

Natty- I'm so glad your weather wasn't too terrible. That's awful about the lady who got killed. This has been one scary storm. :(
I'm so glad you got to do Drill Max finally! :eek: That one is seriously awesome! Just once you have to do the whole thing. I tend to save it for Sundays or another day off by myself because it does run long, but it's so much fun!

Jen- I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. Are you feeling better today?

Marie- way to rock the one handed typing! LOL I'm so glad the C-section is healing well for you!

Waves to Rebekah and Sarah! :)

TTYL everybody!

Hello Friends,

Marie. Yes, glad you're healing and rock the one hand typing stuff.

Natty. We've had high winds and power outages here from Sandy. My sister in upstate NY got it.

Colleen. TTM is a great workout.

Rebekah. Did you have any damage at your home or in your surrounding areas?

Update: Got a cold yesterday post-mid term which I passed the second time with 93%. Tonight, the franchise owner who is my old neighbor from Detroit will be in class to chat. Thank GOD, only 2.5 weeks left of class. GOD only knows if/when/where/what I'll be working. Upset that I've done so much and nothing to show for it. Went to a job fair last Friday, everyone was told to "dress for success," which was interpreted very different. Shock!! Yes. Had to attend not to disrupt my benefits.
With my blog, people who are into social media in my region have been checking me out on LinkedIn. Plus, the guys who did the water slide downtown GR are connected to me on Twitter.
Going out Friday night to a classy place with a friend for after-work beverages. It'll be fun to get out of the house socially. Hope to post on Friday.

Happy Halloween ! [imagine a scary pumpkin smiley here]

Today's w/o was Intensity hiit portion high/low + Push/Pull. What a fun little workout! I love the Body Blast Series! I think as far as music, fun factor, workouts, Cathe's personality, it probably ranks tops on my list. I must complete my collection with Super Sets and Leaner Legs :eek::eek:.

So Mark's work schedule will do a 360 come next week (12hr day/night shifts), which means I will have to modify my workout schedule :(. The only time avail will be after Bella goes to sleep, which is doable, but I tend to lose steam drastically come 8pm. I will have to leave the intense cardio, longer weight training days for Mark's days off. I know, I know, we all don't have time, we have to make time.

Jen
Congrats on your great test score!
Hope your cold get's better soon :(.

Colleen
WTG on TTM Extreme Premix! I've never done the extreme premixes from both workouts.
I love your rebounder modifications! Had I not let a bunch of kids play on my rebounder last summer in my backyard, it probably would not have broke :(.

Rebekah
Hope you are doing well!

Sarah
HI !!! How are you???

Marie
Shout out to the new mommy! Hope you are getting some much needed rest.

Bye bye for now ladies!

Hey everyone-

Happy Halloween!

It's B's 2 week bday too...how time flies!

We are doing well. Little man is sleeping right now. He is a rockstar at feeding. Sometimes drinking it too fast for my liking as he starts coughing from it.

I have my follow up appt tomorrow. I'm really hoping to get cleared to workout. I don't think I could handle anything too intense as of yet but would LOVE to do some Cathe with modifications! I'm dying over here lol. I will most likely skip abs for now too. My incision looks good but is still healing. There is a hard spot underneath it. I'm assuming it's just fluid and scar tissue that will decrease over time but I'll be asking about that at my appt just to make sure. Natasha- Do you remember getting anything like that?

We have had a ton of visitors lately. It's good but sort of overwhelming. I don't mind feeding in front of ladies but guys.....won't do that. Tony is back at work so if B gets hungry while they are here I retreat to his room to feed and leave the guests entertaining themselves. They understand though and most often just leave at that time. No visitors scheduled for today though. I'm excited to have just this day to B and I.

Goal for the day to to set up the stroller. I'll be working on that during his next nap.

Everything is just so wonderful. Tony is off tomorrow and Fri so we will be having family time those days. Can't wait!

Natasha- Glad to know my family is not the only one who fed this mama too many carbs after baby. My friend from work came over yesterday and brought me some much needed salmon and a super tasty salad. Just my style! We did get to Target too to get some produce thank goodness. I'm so jealous you have Drill Max! I heard it's killer! I need to add that and Intensity to my wish list :) Good luck getting your 8pm workouts in. You can do it! I feel ya on the losing steam though. I'm the type that has to workout right away in the morning or it doesn't get done.

Jen- Sorry about the rejection letter. That is really frustrating! Nice job on the mid-tern though!

Colleen- Glad to hear your should is better! Nice job on TTM!!!

Rebekah- Your avatar rules! Look at you girl! Very impressive! Thinking of you and hoping you didn't get any damage from the storm.

Sarah- Glad to hear the girls room is coming along :)

2 more weeks (8 nights) and tonight left for class!! Yahoo!!
I can do this! Remind later, please. Thanks.
Franchise owner who is my old neighbor from Detroit didn't recognize me last night at first. The reasons why he chose this area are the reasons I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. Tax season is shorter than I thought cause the busiest is first of Feb then drops down afterwards. Maybe, 3 months of work after this class.
Gotta blog and study. Workouts will start up when class ends.

Rebekah - your avatar is awesome. I am curious about eating Paleo and how its working out for you ande if your seeing changes.

Marie - I love all the pics of Breckin specially the one with his sweet little toes. When your milk "lets down" is probably when he is doing his coughing, it just comes out too fast. My c-section scar is hard and kind of numb.

Nat - Sorry about the 8 pm WO's. I not sure I could at 8 either. Plus that would cut into hubby's and my TV time with DEXTER. Which for the record I still haven't had time to start the new season. :(

Colleen- I'm glad your shoulder is doing better. I will have to start over to ground 1 with the HC because I havent had time to do any

Jen - I will remind you that you are almost done with school. You need to be proud of yourself, you are doing awesome.

Girls room is almost done, last step is furniture which will be this weekend. They hopefully will move in on Sunday. They have been sleeping in the treehouse for 3 weeks now, they have been troooers.

I miss you guys and my old routine. Can't wait to get back to it.

Sarah

I will respond here to everyone's previous posts :)

Marie
Love the pics! Your little man is beautiful :)
Expect your scar tissue to go through some minor changes during the next 6 months. By your 12 month post-partum, you will hardly see it. If you have any concerns, or if you feel as though it is getting infected (which it most likely WON'T) ask your doctor, as I'm sure you will anyway. The only thing that you might have from the c-sec scar, is a little flap above/underneath it. I have fairly flat abs, but that flap is there to stay :(. Regardless, I would not trade the way Bella came into this world, as I am truly lucky to have her.
Yes, the "visitors". I actually was a bit of a b**tch in that I only allowed my closest family to visit during the first few weeks until I got settled. The rule applied at the hospital too. I just needed time for myself to gain composure and settle into the overwhelming demands of first time motherhood. I had to put me and my family first, before a slew of visitors came to pass my baby around like a bag of chips and tell me the "this, that, do's & don't" of how to raise my child. Don't forget, this time is about YOU, TONY & BRECKIN. If you feel overwhelmed, you have to just say NO.
Bella HATED the stroller since birth :mad:. I find most baby boy's love it, so you'll be in the clear :).

Sarah
I'm glad the room is almost done! Super cool that the kids are sleeping well in the treehouse. That must be pretty fun for them :D.
Hopefully you will get back into your old routine soon. I miss reading your posts :(.

Jen
YES, YOU CAN DO IT! 2 more weeks of class !

I will post later on the other thread!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.