We're In This Together (02/10-02/17)

Good morning :)

No workout today. Rest day as planned.

Jen
Have a good day at your peer group. What is a Visalis party?
I have always wanted to do a road trip across USA. I have only been to
Darien Lake in Buffalo. We used to go every year. I remember stopping off at Bob Evans and a grocery store after we crossed the border. I was amazed at the different types of food you guys sell. Even the portions at the restaurant were gigantic. We also go to the big mall in Buffalo (forgot the name). You do get some really great deals. You know, they always say Americans are obese, but I did not see that many obese people there. They all looked average, normal. I am so fascinated by cultures and places around the world. I plan to do a lot of traveling in my lifetime. My cousins have been to NYC, Vegas, Florida. I have been dying to go to Vegas!! It looks like so much fun!

TTYL :)

Today is proving to be a bad one for me. Tired (4hrs sleep), DOMS (Can't sit on the toilet without cringing), TTOTM (ugh), ran out of stupid cat food, irritable & cranky. Hate to be so down & out, but hey that's life sometimes right?

How is everyone doing today? I hope better than me :(

Happy late Valentines Day! I actually thought I posted yesterday. Guess not. I did STS disc 6 Legs even though I have a cold. I crashed and fell asleep on the sofa after that. We had wrestling match on Monday night and didn't get the kids in bed till 10, they made me pay for that yesterday. We also had to make cupcakes for 3 classes on Monday. We made little mini cupcakes that were suppose to look like Hershey's Kisses (pinterest). But instead looked like turds. LOL. One of my daughters was to embarrassed to even take them to class. I thought that was a shame because they were really good from scratch cupcakes. I was very frustrated.

Nat - I'm sorry you feel crappy today. I have CTX and 4 Day Split (the quantity sale last year was good) and I like CTX LB it's good. But overall 4 DS I like better.

My bucket list is traveling across the US eating my way from one place to the next.

Nikki- How's STS going? How sore are you?

Colleen - Lowering the step height when your still learning the routine makes all the difference for me. I won't give up any of my Cathe dics even if I don't care for them because I thinkk someday I might like it. Sometimes it takes doing a disc 4-5 times before I enjoy it. I also wanted to ask you how your doing on Meso 2? When I did Meso 2 I was very stressed and ate a ton. I was curious it was the stress or, if it was because I was lifting heavy my body was craving food more? That was one reason why I chose to do STS/LIS this time because the MESO's are broken up.

JT- I've only done Intensity once, it was scary. Good for you.

Ellie- How did the jacket for the carnival turn out?

Natty I'm so sorry you're having a crappy day!:( I hate it when I have those days...it seems like everything just piles on and doesn't let up until the day is over! I have to admit, sometimes if the DOMS are really bad I go ahead and take some Advil. Might not be considered totally the healthy way to do it, but there ya go.:eek: Oh, and I had some extra time this morning (don't have to go into work until later) so I did the Jari Love Extremely ripped 1000 cardio premix after my STS disc (back and biceps). It was awesome! Parts of it reminded me of Athletic Training. I love the basic/athletic drills on the step! Yay! The part where she does the jumping jacks I took to the rebounder. Fun and I got my heart rate up there! Now I have to get the Hardcore one, too!

Sarah- STS and especially Meso 2 are really making me hungry too! I'm not to stressed or irritable but boy am I hungry! The funny thing is, my circuits, kettlebells, steady state or Hiit cardio never really spiked my hunger. Well, when I first started working out it did a little but my body adjusted after a few weeks. I am trying to not over eat while still giving my body some extra, good quality calories for muscle building. It's a really fine line! I'm doing okay so far, I haven't gained weight with STS and yet I'm getting a lot more muscle definition than ever before... so that must mean my body fat % is going down? I think I need extra protein though, so I'm going to bring some whey protein powder to work to mix in with my yogurt for lunch. Hopefully that will help!
Oh man, the story about the cupcakes had me laughing out loud!:D

Ellie-I'm sorry you don't get to watch some of the shows we're talking about! The funny thing is, most American television is total crap...but there are a few diamonds in the rough! They are mostly on cable since the networks shy away from edgy, scripted and serialized drama. It makes me want to send you some dvd's! Especially Breaking Bad, I'm all about spreading the addiction on that one! I bought the dvd's just to get my friends and family hooked.:p My sister and her husband are currently binging on the show now and the other night they stayed up until 3 a.m. watching episodes! Tee Hee! They've been like zombies at work due to lack of sleep. My brother-in-law called me a crack dealer! Ha!

Okay, gotta go! Later girls!
Colleen

Natty-Hope your day goes better and hope you get some rest. IMO, Americans are obese. Although watching the Travel Channel, the Netherlands is not far behind us. The portion sizes are huge due to "value" and market shares. Some places have gone back to correct portions because its in right now.
Visalis is a nutrition workout program that is supposed to be high vitamins. I posted on FB I was sick and a former schoolmate tried selling me on the stuff. I reminded him my Dad is a doctor so he would back off.
My peer group is ok except cliques are forming so information is not always getting passed through.

Need to go to sleep, I now have a cold and must be in Detroit tomorrow morning.
My "friend" hit a deer with his BMW (might be a lease) in the UP for work from his FB updates.

BBL

Headed to Detroit in less than 2 hours. I haven't been downtown in years but I am going with the group and spend time with some I haven't been able to yet. No workouts for me tonight but tomorrow should be STS-Total Body phase 4-all heavy weights before I start LIS.

STS workout may have to be shelved today. Lydia hurt her thumb last night while playing with her big brother. We iced it and comforted her but she was up off and on last night crying. Thinking maybe a sprain? Time to see the doctor.:(

Hello ladies!
Today it was my day off from job, so had time for doing a little bit of everything: chores, errands, playing with the baby and Cathe of course! Did LIC this morning (but yesterday didn't do S&G as DS cut his nap short so no time -and energy either).
The temperature is increasing so we should get rid of all this snow in a week or so...I can't wait for spring to come! So fed up to stay at home all day long while DS destroys every corner of the house one after the other...

Just one line about eating a ton: LIS had that effect on me.I was starving even two days after Afterburn or CSS.before, it onlyhad happened to me with Imax3 and not in that nasty way.I had to up my calories intake and with my great surprise, didn't gain any pound, so something good must have happened ;)

Sarah: you made me lough so much with your cupcake story! I had tears in my eyes! I like baking a lot and when something like that happens to me I get so upset...I totally understand your frustration!
Btw, the jacket turned out nice for being home.made..Hope to be able to post a litlle pic of that!

Colleen: I googled breaking Bad and saw some trailers...it seems pretty interesting! Tonight I'll ask DH to get more infos about it from one of his colleague who's an avid American shows follower...he may have something to lend me or at least I hope so! How's Lydia?

Natty: so sorry about your bad day:( Sleep deprivation and bad temper are two dangerous things for me...And for everyone around me as well!
I hope today you're feeling better and energized! I was reading about your planning about future travels: I really hope you can visit all the US, they're so incredibly beautiful! My favourite cities are San Francisco and NY, but I enjoyed Vegas too, even if I fell in love with the breath-taking beauty of the Canyons, the Death and Monument Valleys, and the Niagara Falls too! I went to the Falls in March, the were all frozen (I came to Toronto also) and I was shocked by the splendor of Nature. I've never been to Florida, but I really hope to get there one day and visit the Keys too...

Jen: hope you're enjoying your staying in Detroit and having great time with the group!

Nikki: how's STS going?

DS is crying...I fear his catnap is over.
Have a nice evening!

Last edited:
Hey girls! Well Lydia didn't fracture her thumb, thank goodness. The doctor said she just stretched the ligaments and tendons too far and it's inflamed and swollen. She said with kids this tends to heal up very well within a few days. Poor baby!:( Her little thumb is so tender, and of course I had to take her to her daycare since I had to get to work and she cried as I was leaving. :confused::( I feel so horrible when my babies are sad and I still have to go! I wish I could have just taken the day off to baby her, but (other than right now) my day is pretty booked with appointments. We already had to reschedule a few patients since I had to come in a little late due to her doctor appointment this morning.

As far as my workout, I was going to do disc 17 of STS (legs) but I'm going to push that to tomorrow and skip the CCC I was going to do tomorrow morning. I feel like it's more important to get that STS done. It may not be such a bad thing to wait an extra day for legs since my hamstrings are still a bit tight and sore from Trisets LB on Tuesday!:eek:

Ellie- you totally have to see the Florida Keys! It's so awesome! My husband and I were married in Key West and we love to go there whenever we can.:D It's quite pretty where I live too, at least in the summer! Winter...not so much!:rolleyes:

Natty- how are you feeling today? I hope you have a better day today than yesterday!

Jen- good luck in Detroit! I'm sorry about your friend hitting the deer...that's really scary! We have a lot of deer accidents around here during hunting season. The deer are just plain stupid sometimes. One friend of mine was driving, saw a deer coming from the side of the road, stopped, and then the deer just sort of ran into his car while he was sitting there not moving! Duh!:confused:

Sarah- don't you love Meso 1 legs? I love the bonus parts at the end of the disc. Meso 2 is shorter but tougher. I'm scared of the DOMS I'm going to get tomorrow!:eek:

Have a great day everyone!
Colleen

Last edited:
Hello Everyone :)

Today's w/o will be S&G w/TBT UB Express (as per rotation). Looking forward to it ;)

Another mild day here :). Took a walk over to the health food store and bought my first tub of Coconut Butter! (to eat, not body lotion). Wow, it was pretty delicious. I am a total foodie :eek:.

Sarah
You are hilarious!!! That cup-cake turd story made me laugh my a** off!! Yeah, I probably would have been pissed if Bella refused to take them to school. But you know teens, they get embarrassed easily. It's all about the image right now. Hope you are having a better day today.
Colleen
I am sorry to hear about Lydia. I hope it's nothing serious and she is feeling better. It's so sad when kids get hurt/sick. You feel totally helpless. Please keep us posted.
I am glad you enjoyed Jari's w/o. I really like her stuff. Her old strength training w/o always gave me great results. DOMS for days!!
Jen
Hope you are having a good time in Detroit. Say hi to the Red Wings for me ;). I am a total hockey fan :eek:. I hope you are feeling better also with your cold :(
Ellie
How are you liking the rotation? I am enjoying it a lot. What I like about rotations is that the w/o's are put together in such a way that you would have not necessarily been able to come up with yourself. I also hold myself accountable for doing the w/o for that specific day (or something comparable) so that means pushing myself a little harder. I am curious to see what results I get. I am also excited to pick next month's rotation!!
I am sorry about your son and all the problem's that come with having a destructive toddler. I am having a really hard time too. I feel like my house always looks like a tornado hit it :(. Yup, I am counting down the days to spring/summer so I can let this crazy kid loose at the park :eek:. She drives me insane sometimes........but I love her :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Colleen

I am so happy to hear that Lydia did not fracture her thumb. I remember when I was in grade 1, I broke two fingers while hanging upside down on a swing (long story). They had to put my fingers in little casts :(, it was so painful. When I look at the pics now, I pray something like that will never happen to Bella. But of course, if she is a tom boy like I was (which I am guessing she is already by her crazy stunts) she is gonna break or fracture something. The kids in my family all have broken, fractured or got stitches at a young age.

I don't blame you for skipping CCC. That w/o has a certain dread factor for me. I would much rather do Imax3 than CCC. Yup, I'm a complete wacko I guess.

Since you are an optometrist, I feel a need to confess this.......I am supposed to wear glasses.........but I never do. I am near sighted :(. When I start driving, I am going to have to bite the bullet. One question, will my eyesight get worse? I feel like it has :(

TTYL

Natty- you know what's so funny, my roomate in optometry school was in denial about her prescription forever! Even our first year, before we learned how to refract I noticed how she squinted like crazy whenever she needed to see something far away! Then when we were practicing our refractions I was like, um Amy, you need glasses! D'oh! She got some but it took her so long to get used to wearing them! I've always been extremely near sighted so for me it's like breathing...wake up, put on the glasses. I actually wear contacts but I don't put them in until after I shower so I usually work out with my glasses which sort of stinks. I'm too nervous (and cheap) to get Lasik though, even though I've recommended it to patients! My sister had it and is happy, although her eyes get dry sometimes from it. The surgery severs the corneal nerves and if they don't regenerate properly sometimes people will have dry eye symptoms. As far as eyes getting worse, it's hard to predict. I've had some patients who actually trended less near sighted as they got closer to 40, but then of course bifocals/presbyopia set in! Can't win!:(
Speaking of my profession...gotta get back to work!:p Talk more later!

Things went well in Detroit today. Time will only tell if anything comes from it. With my "friend," he posted a very well written poem (not his) about life. I can relate as well. BBL to read up on you all and respond.

Hope everyone's having a good week. STS is going great. So far, it's not as tough as I expected, but then again, it's only the first week. I'm sure it'll get much tougher as the weeks progress. I can say that I've never done that many push-ups in one workout (disc 1). That part was really tough. Today I did Step Jam. So much fun!

Have a great evening!

Friday, Feb. 17th

Hello Friends.
It's FINALLY Friday. Thank GOD.
Nikki-You will LEARN to love push-ups with STS or love/hate relationship with them. STS pushed me to do the military ones over being on my knees. Step Jam? That is an oldie. Not in my collection.
Natty-I wear both glasses/contacts and I refused to wear them in high school. Got them to have good vision plus reduction of wrinkles in the eye area caused by the stressed of the squinting. Didn't see any Red Wings but 21 in a row!!
Ellie-Hope you enjoyed your day off.
Colleen-Glad you had no fracture for your daughter.
Sarah-Hope life is treating you well.

For myself, Detroit was a success. There is person in charge of recruiting/hiring who LIKES me alot. Him and I connect for some reason. I think I told him I was open to moving back home to metro Detroit. I think he will assist in my internship and possibly employment there. Also, my new "friend." No report on his car. Him and I need to talk but it must come from him cause I wont push it. Yesterday, it confirmed I must take care of myself and if he wants to get to know me, he must man-up about it.
In MI, there are more job opportunities in Detroit than in Grand Rapids.

I'm going to be gone for a few days so I won't be able to check in until Sunday. I hope you guys have a great weekend! I did Meso 2 STS legs (disc 17) this morning and I swear I already feel DOMS! :eek: I hope you guys are having some great workouts!
Nikki- STS is pretty sneaky with the intensity. I didn't feel like it was all that hard until I got more into it and realized I was working a lot harder than I thought! I tried to do more intense workouts with it, including kettlebells and realized my body couldn't take it! I hope you enjoy it!:D
TTYL girls!
Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.