We're In This Together (02/10-02/17)

Hello girls!
Sorry to have had so little time to post.... We had snow, snow, and again snow. Streets were clean but at work I had miserable days...Plenty of customers, had to change some shifts this week...Hopefully the bad weather should be over, even if the cold is tightening its grip we have no blizzards foreseen for the next days. Let's hope so.
I managed to stick with my rotation: on Friday I did CCC with some modification for abs work as didn't want to pull my transverse.I have the upper right part that every now and then starts to hurt in the middle of an exercise and then I have to stop.TBT Total Body Express was on my shedule on Saturday, and to quote you Nikki, she politely kicked my butt.:D
I was so sore and out of energy .... And then understood why: TTOM! This month no regular signals, so it happened all of a sudden.
Yesterday should have been my day of rest, it ended up to be Chores Max so no rest at all even because I had doms in glutes/tris/lower back so even cleaning the house required big efforts :D

Sarah: I had a sort of splurge too yesterday. Bigger portions than usual, 2-3- extra cookies and a cup of home made hot cocoa :eek: Well... I Hadn't my usual cravings the past days so I didn't even feel guilty for that :)

Natty: so sorry to hear about your sleep deprivation. I totally understand you... Don't add any stress to your life in these days, it's always so diffcult to cope with everything when you don't get your regular hours of sleep in... I hope Bella gave you a little rest and went back to sleep tight!
About plyo legs: from what I'm given to see, it's similar to LBB: you have cardio bursts scattered in between exercises, and they're all based on plyo movements. The only think I can think of is to add some blasts here and there to a legs/glutes workout you have. In LBB they're short, so don't go for longer blasts as in Imax 3 , I don't know if I've made myself understood...
Anyway I'll be tweaking my rotation and doing LBB today so to keep it closer to Cathe's plan as much as possible.

JT: I was so scared while reading your post about your spinout! Glad to hear that you're fine and that it's been just fear and nothing else.This is the kind of things I always hope won't happen to me when I have the baby in my car...

Colleen: your kids are sooo cute!!!!! Btw, have you got any ideas about how dressing up my little one for Carnival? He's 21 months now.As he's always climbing here and there I should buy him a Spider Man suit, but I don't want to spend any money on that.

Nikki: I hope you had a fine Sunday and that you and your children enjoyed yourselves.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Hello Friends.
Getting ready to head to northern MI today to spend with my Mom. Today, she is driving her Pilot so my Civic can sit and rest. I drive an hour and a half to meet her then she drives.
About my "friend," he posted a discussion looking for responses. He made some comments that weren't entirely true maybe due to lack of knowledge in that area so I posted on it. Either he will think I'm a pain or strong enough to stand up to him. He had severe stomach problems, and for some reason, had no idea how to take care of it. I asked, "do you have this, try that." kind of thing. Also, on a personal email, he told me what was happening seven years ago in his life so I told him mine. He may understand me a bit better. If it ends, I'm cool with it. If it doesn't, we will be learning about each other hopefully in good discussion.
Did High Reps last night, tough workout. My next one is Intensity, need to preview it once more.
Have a Blessed Day!!!

Love Big Bang too! Hilarious! Used to watch XFiles.....last season for me kinda sucked. You didn't like the last season of Dexter???!!! Why??!! I used to be a big fan of 24 season's 1-4. After that it really got bad. Hmmm I am trying to think of others I used to watch......Sopranos, Six Feet Under. I know there are more. Evening TV watching is and has always been my "downtime". I used to be a big reader too......Dean Koontz, Dan Brown, every Harry Potter book, Steven King. I just bought a new Dean Koontz book, but I'm too tired to read it :(

I am off to watch Californication. Great series.

LOL. About Dexter, I think it was the "Deb loves Dexter" storyline they did this season. I was like "no, show! NO!! Don't go there! Aaaack!!!" Of course, after that last scene in the finale I have to tune in next season to see how that plays out! As far as books, have you read The Hunger Games? So awesome! I can't wait for the movies...although I'm always disappointed by movies of books I love. The trailer looks really good so fingers crossed!

I hear you on the full body DOMS Ellie! I wanted to do Trisets Lower Body today but I'm still sore in the lower body from Afterburn on Saturday, and the chest and triceps from yesterday! Hopefully I can try and squeeze it in tonight but that never seems to happen...we'll see I guess!:)

Ellie- the Spiderman suit never fails to be adorable on little boys! Halloween is my favorite holiday. Lydia wants to be a princess every year. I'm going to be so sad when she gets too old for that! :D

Have a great Monday everybody!

Colleen

Ellie - Homemade Hot Cocoa would hit the spot for me. Sounds so good.

Colleen, and Nat - Another Dexy fan here too. However, this last season was my least favorite and I think they may have jumped the shark for good. But I will keep a positive mind just because it is my favorite. I don't watch any of those other shows. Maybe I should start trying some of them.

Nat - I had big long pros and cons typed on why I would choose Butts & Guts for you but it got deleted. Then I ran out of time because we had to go see Star Wars in 3-D as a family. Buts and Guts is good, I love it. For me, it's the highest peak for lower body. But everyone has different taste.

Jen - Holy Moly. I would have been shaking like a leaf. We don't get that much snow and ice over here, so when the roads are bad, I don't go anywhere. I'm not confident about driving in the stuff and I figure it's just best that way.
I'm off my rest week and I started month 2 of STS/LIS. I was also good when I went to the theatre, I snuck in a thermos with curried turkey/peanut soup.

I sold something on Etsy!!!

Hello wonderful ladies :)

Today was KPC. I forgot how awesome that workout is!!! I don't do kickboxing often, not sure why, I love it.

Jen
How are you feeling? It's so sweet that you went to spend the day with your mom. I hope you had a nice time.
FB is funny isn't it? How you can connect with people you have not seen/heard from in a long time. It definitely changed the modern world. Honestly though, anytime you post a health comment asking for advice, you are gonna get advice! If you are that concerned, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Hi Reps looks amazing! I really want that one too. Oh brother, my b-day is coming up and so I'm asking for Cathe gift certificates or buying myself a gift.
Ellie
My Nonna has been complaining about the weather in Northern Italy. She is really concerned for her family. She believes they will die of hypothermia. Please tell me it's not that bad, so I can tell her. Povera Nonna mia :eek:.
TBT just kills me! And I do modifications for the ab work in CCC too. I am glad we did this rotation together! We should do another one!
Colleen&Sarah
Dexter haters!! Can't a girl fall in love with her step-brother, geez guys!

Sarah
Thanks about B&G. I'm still thinking about it. I hope you had a great time at the movies!!! I was a big movie-buff, and now I hardly go :(. I will resume once my toddler daughter can sit long enough to watch a 2hr movie, so in like 5 years maybe ;)

Good night to all :)

BTW, I went in and found all the rotations from Cathe 2009-2011 and so I made a thread for quick reference. I hate looking through endless pages just to find them. I want to try a few!!! They look awesome!!

Last edited:
Back home from northern MI. It was a fun trip to see my Mom. I left early cause another storm is rollling in. No word yet from my "friend," I hope he is getting treatment.

Natty-Happy Birthday!! Yes, cathe certificates are a wise choice.

No workouts tonight. Detroit on Thursday.

Happy Valentines Day!!

Happy (impending) Birthday Natty!! :D
As far as LBB and B&G, I gotta honestly say I don't think you would regret having both of those. They are both fabulous workouts. I alternated between the two for months before starting STS, although to be honest I don't do the ab ("guts") part of B&G much. I actually prefer either my pilates dvds for abs or Paul Katami's Ab Lab. I just got Gym Style legs today so I'm excited to tackle that one soon too! I was going to finally do Trisets lower body today but I was so tired this morning. I had trouble falling asleep last night. Sunday nights are the worst...I never get to bed as early as I do during the week and then I worry about not getting enough sleep...which in turn makes it hard for me to drift off! It's part of the reason I usually take Monday as a rest day but I was hoping to get one in this morning. Of course I could be a good girl and do it tonight but instead I'm sitting on the computer with a glass of wine! :eek:
Have a good night girls!
Colleen

Happy Valentines Day!!! Winter weather is here again.
Nikki-Have fun with STS, LIS added to it, sure you're seeing results.
Natty-Happy Birthday!!
Colleen-is Paul Katami really that good looking?

Woke up feeling stuffy but nothing a good nap with my humidifier cant cure for later. Hope to attempt Intensity tonight but still need to preview one more time.

Happy Valentines Day :)

No, it's not my b-day yet. March 22nd. But I am counting down to my Cathe presents. I am making it well know to my family that IF, I say IF because I usually tell them not to get me anything, they want to get me a gift, Cathe gift certificates are welcomed ;)

Jen
Have fun with Intensity!! I really love that one! I know I say that about almost every w/o, but I do! My fav is the Hiit hi/low portion.
Oh and yes, I find Paul Katami to be be very hot. I don't say that lightly. I am pretty picky with men I find attractive.
Colleen
Red or white wine??;)
I have to admit, I rarely do traditional abs. For me, it's all about my diet and body fat. As long as I eat well and keep my weight down, I can see a bit of muscle definition that way. I find crunches make my tummy stick out.
Oh and if you do GSL, tell me how you like it! I loved it!! I want the entire GS collection!

Have a good day everyone TTYL.

Red wine!;):p I always read in Oxygen magazine about how alcohol slows fat metabolism and such but I'm a sucker for red wine. I never drink more than 1-2 glasses on a given night (unlike my college days!:eek:), but I do like to indulge a few times a week. I know if I cut that out, as well as carbs and cheese I would probably lose more weight but since I'm fairly satisfied with my body these days I don't worry too much about it!
Jen- Paul Katami is pretty cute! He is also really sweet and seems so sincere in his videos. His workouts are phenomenal too! Sometimes, even if a workout is good, I just can't do the video if I don't click with the instructor.

I did TBT lower body today! Whoo hoo! What an awesome workout in 40 minutes! I'm going to have to switch my STS discs to give my legs time to recuperate before I do the leg disc in Meso 2, so I'll probably do the back and biceps one tomorrow (disc 18) and legs on Thursday (disc 17).

Have a great Valentines Day everybody!!
Colleen

Advice on what to purchase, CTX or 4-Day Split???

Your advice, thoughts & suggestions matter the most to me :)

The price is right, CTX is $50 and 4-Day Split is $59. This is with the sale plus discount. I can get so many workouts for this price. I love the variety, they seem to have a little bit of everything. I am leaning towards 4-Day Split though since Jen seems to really like it (and so many others). Ah man, so many workouts!!!! I should have bit the bullet 1 year ago and bought Cathe's entire series collection and called it a day :D

TTYL

**Hope all of you are having a wonderful Valentines. I am off to my local Tim Horton's to get Bella a sprinkle heart doughnut. And of course a little treat for me too**

Natty, I LOVE the 4DS. I rarely do the weight training because I do both step routines together and the kickbox/bootcamp together too so I get 60 minutes from it.
The music is good, the step combined premix transitions well, plus you can teach Bella on how to do suicides. She might like the bootcamp portion of the workout. So, 4DS over CTX for me. CTX, I don't own.
Enjoy your treats at Tim Hortons. They are all over Detroit now and Lansing with a few to open here in west MI. I love their tuna sandwich. Sprinkled heart donut, sounds good to me.
Colleen-Read about Paul Katami on some court case. He is cute.
Today, on Valentines, I ended the working relationship with my former employer by closing out my share/savings. I am feeling bummed that the relationship ended b/c everyone wants a relationship to be a success. Happy to be out of there and hoping for brighter days ahead. The realization an era has come to an end. Intensity will help me get through this.

Happy Valentine day to everyone!
Today I was in a time crunch so did Timesaver Kickbox and shoulder and stayed away from carbs... for the major part of the day :eek: Hope to be wise even at dinner time :D
Yesterday was LBB, I sweated a bucket and today was sore in my hams/ inner thighs.
I coulnd't find a decent carnival suit for my son so ended up buying some coloured crepe paper and tonight/tomorrow I'll be making his harlequin jacket...I don't know what I'll be able to do but I hope the result will be decent enough :D

Natty: yes, we're having a bad winter this year. There are small villages in the centre of Italy which have been without elecricity/heating for a couple of days or more, totally isolated because of snow.It's been snowing (very few indeed but they made a big fuss of that) even in Rome.It's something that happens once every 30 year, so I let you imagine what kind of event it was... Major problems were due to the fact that it snowed in places where they usually don't get snow at all, so they had no equipment/intruments to deal with that, while where I live we get snow every year so no big deal, a part from the terrible freezing cold, The tempereatures have been pretty below the seasonal average we're used to.

About your purchase: I have 4ds and love, love , love it !You get a lot of premixes so you can change your routine up, and you get a bit of everything: low impact, high impact, kickbox, bootcamp, weights, circuits...name one thing and you are sure it's in there. The music is great, the fun factor high...I think you get a lot for that money,great deal to me.

About rotation: you can check out last February rockin' bottom rotation for good inspiration!

Jen: hope your workout helped to ease your day out. I know it's not easy to close chapters in one's life, but sometimes ahead we have bigger rewards...so time to move on!

Colleen: I hope you won't have those awful doms tomorrow...those dixie cups lounges are killer!

Nikki: congrats on starting STS...You're a warrior!

Sarah: thanks for sharing infos about BG.I think it will be one of my next purchases...not so soon though as I have taxes to pay this months, so need to save up a bit!
Happy evening everyone!

Yes, Intensity made me forget about my stuff today. No, it was not perfect but next time will be easier cause I know what's ahead. Plus, I burnt off everything I ate maybe in the last 24 hours. The workout is INSANE.

I am so impressed with you guys that can do Intensity! I had it and 4DS actually and I traded them both since I couldn't handle the step in those. Silly me, I didn't even look at the premixes or the weights in 4DS. I wasn't into weight training as much back then. I really think I may try to reaquire Intensity after I (eventually) get a cardio club step. I really want to try and learn those routines and maybe I can do it if I start with a 4 inch step (just the platform) until I get them down pat. Of course I first have to buy a Turbo Tower, and maybe heavier dumbells for STS, and we still have to pay this lady for the elliptical I just bought! It still isn't home yet. Trying to work out a good time for my hubby to get down there and get it.

I hope you guys enjoyed Tim Horton's Natty! Whenever we visit my cousins they always make sure to take us there. Good coffee!

Nikki and Sarah- how are you guys coming along with STS? What do you think?

Good evening everyone

My Valentine sweat was legs from Supreme 90-Day (I don't have Legs & Glutes from the rotation). You know what, I really like Tom Holland. I find some of his moves are very Cathe-ish, maybe that's why I keep going back to his stuff. All his exercises are very straightforward, no fancy stuff. And because Cathe is just SO HARD, his w/o's are a notch down.

I indulged today in a Cinnamon Bun from Tim Horton's. Oh, it was yummy!! Downed it with a Vanilla Latte, yeah that's how to do it! Mind you I walked to the coffee shop (15min with a stroller) then to the post office (20min) and then back home (10min). Going up/down hills. I don't have my full license yet and so I still walk everywhere. Which is fine by me. I love walking.

Jen
You rock! Intensity is crazy!! I hate the last bast w/the plie jacks with squat thrusts on the step!! Yes, I think you may have burned 2 days worth of meals.
Colleen
You know what, you need a full cardio club step to do those workouts. The more you do step, the better you get. Trust me, I am not a step-pro, but now that I have been doing 10 months of step, different choreo, athletic & complex, you just start to get it. I can't explain it, you get addicted.
TBT LB is fantastic. You are gonna feel it tomorrow! I am so happy you got an elliptical. How exciting :eek:
Ellie
Wow, winter has been that bad??!! The cold/snow can really cripple cities. A few years back, we got hit hard with tons of snow. The city was in a bad state. The mayor called in the army to help with snow removal! We all laughed, we thought it was a bit extreme, but hey so was the mayor at the time (he was kinda loopy). Our winter has been one for the books. Wonderful actually. I hate snow unless I am skating or it's Christmas.
Thanks for the 4-Day Split heads up, I think that's the one for me. I was looking at clips on youtube and it looked awesome. You have a carnival this winter??
Sarah
Hope you had a good Valentines day. Planning anything special?
Nikki
How is Meso 1, disc 1???? I think your chest may be on fire! I heard of the push-ups :eek:

Good night everyone :)

Happy Wednesday, Friends!! Today, peer group meeting then maybe a Visalis party tonight, Thursday morning is downtown Detroit for a meeting with my group.

Intensity reminds me Hardcore Extreme #2 with the step/blasts then HiIT drills like Kick Max.
Natty-sounds like a great walk. your Tim Horton's treat must have been good too. Don't know who Tom Holland is, I just found out about Paul.
Meso 1, Disc 1 on STS-there are push ups but it only gets worse as you move forward.
Colleen-I agree with Natty, a full club step makes life way easier. I'm on my second one.
after 21 years with the first.
Ellie-During our infamous winter storm last year, the mayor in my city bragged for not calling in the National Guard or Army Reserves. Although, most businesses were closed for at least one or two days. When I lived in northern MI along Lake MI, our small town was very isolated with only three highways to get into town which are all in rural areas.
Nikki and Sarah-How are you?

Good morning ladies!
Here it's 2 p.m. and just right now I'm enjoying a few minutes in peace, sipping my coffee and reading about you :). This morning woke up very early and did Gym Style legs...After 2 hours I started to feel nasty DOMS settling in...and now my outer thighs/glutes/hamstrings are nicely sore :D I was looking at my rotation and noticed I need to change my schedule a bit, so if I have the strenght, I will do the cardio portion of Slide and Glide later in the evening, tomorrow will be LIC and Friday TBT UB as on Friday I have lots of things to do so no time for S&G also.
Hope to work it right even if I'm not following Cathe's rotation as she intended it to be.

I was reading your posts about tv shows...The only things we get here is David Letterman show and every now and then I manage to see Oprah, but they're broadcast on special channels and when either I'm not at home or too late at night.I miss so much when before getting pregnant I could enjoy my "English hour" and see American or English films/tv shows every day :(

Colleen I had a very hate/love relationship with Intensity. At the very beginning, I used a small step and then turned to a health club one. I felt so winded the first times that I had to stop as I was gasping for air!! Now I still have to pause for 10-20 sec in between sections but because I need water, anyway it is a great challenge for me every time, because if I'm not 100% in good form it will be more taxing than expected.
Off to my chores while DS's napping. Have a nice day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.