Wen hair care

Ok Melissa, spill! what kind of cold cream?

p.s I know this is a WEN thread, and I don't want to veer off into anything else, (I will be buying WEN for sure after reading the comparision with Hair One which I have), but we Have to Know which cold cream don't we? LOL

I started out with Pond's, then switched to the CVS (drugstore) version. Cheaper and works just as good...:)

Earlier in the year I stopped using all of those expensive do-nothing-for-you face creams, lotions and scrubs and switched to plain old cold cream. Because ladies, we know deep down that there is no cream in the world that is going to get rid of wrinkles, even ask your doc if you don't believe me. My skin has never looked better. Now I invest a fraction of that of money on WEN and my hair has never looked better. WIN-WIN!!!

ETA - I am so going to have to try SixThirteen now!!!![/QUOTE]

Too funny! I use "plain old cold cream" on most days too! (Jergens Face Cream from Wal-Mart or wherever) Although after a very sweaty workout I use my Clarisonic with a very mild Neutrogena cleanser.

Question about Wen

Hello... I don't post here too much but I have a question about Wen. I first bought Hair One Jojoba and my hair was really shiny with lots of body but not as moisturized as I'd like. It also made me breakout so I stopped using it after 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago I finally decided to order Wen thru QVC, the pumpkin flavor. I like it just ok. My hair is shiner but again not as soft as I'd like. I hope it doesn't make me breakout (especially in the face), so I've been washing my face neck and back a lot after I use the Wen. I can't use it as leave on because most likely it will break me out.

So I guess I am not overly impressed at this point with Wen so I was wondering if it was worth to just return the pumpkin flavor and getting the discovery kit. Maybe there is another flavor that go better with my hair type? I have long brown hair with caramel highlights. My hair is pretty dry and I have sensitive scalp and skin with tendency to breakouts!

What do you think? Thanks so much!

Hello... I don't post here too much but I have a question about Wen. I first bought Hair One Jojoba and my hair was really shiny with lots of body but not as moisturized as I'd like. It also made me breakout so I stopped using it after 2 weeks.

2 weeks ago I finally decided to order Wen thru QVC, the pumpkin flavor. I like it just ok. My hair is shiner but again not as soft as I'd like. I hope it doesn't make me breakout (especially in the face), so I've been washing my face neck and back a lot after I use the Wen. I can't use it as leave on because most likely it will break me out.

So I guess I am not overly impressed at this point with Wen so I was wondering if it was worth to just return the pumpkin flavor and getting the discovery kit. Maybe there is another flavor that go better with my hair type? I have long brown hair with caramel highlights. My hair is pretty dry and I have sensitive scalp and skin with tendency to breakouts!

What do you think? Thanks so much!

Any Wen experts out there? do you think it's worth trying the discovery kit to see if there is a flavor that suits me better than the pumpkin?

Or should I try something else? I was told Pureology was really good!

Hi CarlaVeg!

I am a recent convert to Wen and I love love love it. I think what you'll find is that you are not using enough of it. This is where I went wrong when I first started using it last Spring. I just couldn't believe my short hair would need 8-10 pumps of cleansing conditioner or that I would need to repeat the process which I rarely did with shampoo. Well, this is not shampoo and once I started following the direction Chaz Dean has laid out to the letter, Wen really started to work for me. My hair has never looked this good. It has alway been fine with very little body. I've used the Sweet Almond Mint, the Ginger Pumpkin (seasonal) and the Pomegranate. I've also tried the Tea Tree Oil but the smell is a little overpowering (works fine though). My favorite is probably the Pomegranate which is a universal type of cleaning conditioner. Anyone can use the Sweet Almond Mint and the Ginger Pumpkin as well. I would really think twice before I sent that back. I think the aroma is just fabulous! Anyway, you said in your original post that your hair is dry. I've heard Chaz say that the best one for dry hair is the Fig. By the way, QVC is the best place to get the Wen. They have the best deals out there. I sure hope this helped you. Let me know ok? Take care.

Sharon

Hi CarlaVeg!

I am a recent convert to Wen and I love love love it. I think what you'll find is that you are not using enough of it. This is where I went wrong when I first started using it last Spring. I just couldn't believe my short hair would need 8-10 pumps of cleansing conditioner or that I would need to repeat the process which I rarely did with shampoo. Well, this is not shampoo and once I started following the direction Chaz Dean has laid out to the letter, Wen really started to work for me. My hair has never looked this good. It has alway been fine with very little body. I've used the Sweet Almond Mint, the Ginger Pumpkin (seasonal) and the Pomegranate. I've also tried the Tea Tree Oil but the smell is a little overpowering (works fine though). My favorite is probably the Pomegranate which is a universal type of cleaning conditioner. Anyone can use the Sweet Almond Mint and the Ginger Pumpkin as well. I would really think twice before I sent that back. I think the aroma is just fabulous! Anyway, you said in your original post that your hair is dry. I've heard Chaz say that the best one for dry hair is the Fig. By the way, QVC is the best place to get the Wen. They have the best deals out there. I sure hope this helped you. Let me know ok? Take care.

Sharon

Thanks so much. I use about 10 pumps.... my hair looks ok the day I wash it but the next day is way too grease. I can't really wash my hair everyday.

I will give it one more week or so. If it doesn't work I may return it and try the discovery kit.....

Thanks so much for your input!!!!!

wen

I have shoulder length regular hair & I use about 8 pumps. I love it & I will never go back to regualar shampoo. I have been using it for about a month now. I also use it to shave my legs, works fine for that too. I use pomegrante, pumpkin, lavender, mint almond. I orderd the new winter scent vanill mint. The other ones according the the description is not for my hair type.
Karen

I've been trying the Wen now for about a month. I got my hair cut yesterday & my hair dresser couldn't believe the body my hair has now. BUT, she also couldn't believe how dry & fly away it is. So, I don't know what to do. Maybe try the Fig or the 613? I hate to spend the money if it's not going to help... I've watched the videos re: how to use it, & I've been using plenty of pumps, etc., etc. I'm at a loss.

I've been using for about a month now. Can't believe how soft my hair is. I can go 2-3 days between cleansings, and my hair actually looks better as it goes along. I have been getting compliments almost daily at this point. Just bought the winter 5-pack, so will be anxious to try the new scent as well as others in the collection. I'm currently using the pumpkin and the pom.

I've been trying the Wen now for about a month. I got my hair cut yesterday & my hair dresser couldn't believe the body my hair has now. BUT, she also couldn't believe how dry & fly away it is. So, I don't know what to do. Maybe try the Fig or the 613? I hate to spend the money if it's not going to help... I've watched the videos re: how to use it, & I've been using plenty of pumps, etc., etc. I'm at a loss.

what flavor are you using?

what flavor are you using?

I'm using the Pumpkin. This thread got me onto Wen. I'd never heard of it before. I also got Hair One Tea Tree & Cucumber & Aloe. Some days I was mixing all 3 together, but mainly I've been using the Pumpkin. There's no comparison between Hair One & Wen - Hair One doesn't come close to the same richness.

I've been using for about a month now. Can't believe how soft my hair is. I can go 2-3 days between cleansings, and my hair actually looks better as it goes along. I have been getting compliments almost daily at this point. Just bought the winter 5-pack, so will be anxious to try the new scent as well as others in the collection. I'm currently using the pumpkin and the pom.

NY25 - did you get that 5-pack from QVC? Can you send a link?

I'm going to chime in on the lovefest, and say, unfortunately Wen did NOT work for me. I have shoulder length hair, and it's thin, but I have a lot of it. I used Wen as directed one evening and by 2pm the next day my hair was a huge ball of grease! It felt like I hadn't washed it for days. So the next day I tried using more product - he kept saying that you can't use too much of it. But the same thing happened. I tried it again with a little less product - same outcome.

So now I just use it as a regular conditioner (just one pump - oh the horror!!!!), and it works great :)

I completely disagree that you can't use too much of WEN. It is an intense conditioner. The more you use, the more there is on/in your hair.

I think (and this is just my take on it) that WEN seems to work better for people with dry hair that needs lots of conditioning. Even then, too much will cause a build up. After using the Pomogranite for a month straight, my hair developed a build up of sorts. It was almost like grease, but not really. I backed off how much I use and often I use it, and it's back to working good for me.

I use a conditioning shampoo and regular conditioner once or twice a week now, and WEN the rest of the time. And when I use the WEN, I use no more than 10 pumps... sometimes only 8.... and I have fairly long, thick hair.

Hi FitnessFreak. The link is earlier in this trail. Someone found it on the QVC message boards. It's kind of a prequel to a December TSV. Look back about 2 or 3 pages or so, it should be there. Great value!! Comes out to only about $17 per bottle (including the shipping)!

My sister got me some from QVC in July. I had been wanted to try it for awhile. I really like what the product has done to my hair (it is fairly thick and long). It has made it very managable and soft. It really looks nice (no fly-aways anymore). My only issue with it is that I go through it so fast. The huge bottle only last me like 3 weeks (and I don't wash may hair everyday). It is also a big pain in the butt to apply. You have to leave it in for 2-5 minutes and they want you to use cold water (which I don't do). I have started only to use it one a week along with my other shampoo and conditioner. When I go to swim laps at my YMCA, I take a nice long shower, put the stuff in, then go sit in the sauna for 10 minutes. So I am basically only using it as a treatment now.

deep conditioning

When I deep condition my hair, I wet it, put the conditioner in & then I work out. I have been doing this for many years. I have no patience to wash my hair, deep condition it & then wait another hour or so to wash it again. It doe not matter what brand deep conditioner I use, but I use them all the same way
Karen
P.S. I do love the wen but Keratin complex infusion therapy makes a vanilla bean deep conditioner that is awesome. If you like the smell of vanilla, try it

Hi,

Got my Wen Fig yesterday, washed my hair with it last night. will see how it goes today. It feels pretty smooth, soft, but that's the flat iron and product working I would think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.