Wen hair care

For all my ranting and raving about how wonderful this product has been for me, I have to come back and add a little bit of a thumbs down.

I've been using it for about a month now, and it seems to create some sort of build up on my hair. Some days my hair almost has this slick, greasy feel to it... and that's pretty amazing given that my hair is dry and frizzy most of the time. But, it's not a good slick & greasy.... it feels like build up. (Is there a "good" slick & greasy? Ha ha!)

So, while I'm not exactly sure what is building up on my hair, I'm going to start using regular shampoo once a week and see if that helps. Overall, I still love WEN, but not sure it's the end-all solution for me.

That's weird. Why would there be two different websites? Thanks for the info!

Wen is sold by QVC and Chaz Dean's studio web site. The other web site is Wen by Guthy Renker. GR has some different ingredients so they can sell worldwide so it is a little different than the product sold by QVC and Chaz Dean's studio. I originially tried the Wen from GR and it didn't work as well for me. I mostly buy from QVC now and occasionally from ebay or Amazon if I see a good deal.

FYI: QVC has a top special value that includes 5 16oz cleansing conditioners including the new winter vanilla mint for $79.86.....that is $15.97 per bottle!

A-D WEN by Chaz Dean Set of 5 16oz ConditionersAuto-Delivery - QVC.com

It appears to include an auto shipment for next June with the summer seasonal scent but it states you can cancel at any time.

Hi Judi!
This is a really great deal! I can go to the link and get it, but, don't need any right now, because I just bought some. How do you find a deal like this on QVC? When I do my normal search within QVC (using various keywords), the results displayed are never this link.
How did you come upon this link? I just want to know how to the search within QVC in the future when I want to buy more & find the best deal.

Thank you!!!
:D

Hi Judi!
This is a really great deal! I can go to the link and get it, but, don't need any right now, because I just bought some. How do you find a deal like this on QVC? When I do my normal search within QVC (using various keywords), the results displayed are never this link.
How did you come upon this link? I just want to know how to the search within QVC in the future when I want to buy more & find the best deal.

Thank you!!!
:D

I've never used WEN before but this thread had me curious so I purchased the ginger pumpkin from QVC and will be trying it today. I color my hair and am hoping this will help the color last longer as some people have noted.

I was searching QVC yesterday and came across a message board thread about this deal which is apparantely the top special value for December. Someone posted the item # so I checked it out. It does sound like a great deal and since there are so many WEN fans here, I thought I'd post the link. The item # is A222663. I will probably order this if I decide I like the product.

I've never used WEN before but this thread had me curious so I purchased the ginger pumpkin from QVC and will be trying it today. I color my hair and am hoping this will help the color last longer as some people have noted.

I was searching QVC yesterday and came across a message board thread about this deal which is apparantely the top special value for December. Someone posted the item # so I checked it out. It does sound like a great deal and since there are so many WEN fans here, I thought I'd post the link. The item # is A222663. I will probably order this if I decide I like the product.

Thanks Judi! I'm glad you shared!
So on QVC, that where you found it? On their message board? Well, I will have to check that out to see what other good deals are to be had.

Yes, this thread got me buying WEN, also. The funny thing is, that I was going to post a question about WEN, and that is exactly the day this thread started. So, I think I was meant to buy it.

BTW, I really like it. I got the duo of Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint. I don't like the smell of Sweet Almond Mint, but, when used in conjunction with Tea Tree, it is not so bad. I have straight coarse, not quite shoulder length, Asian hair, and it has made it softer and more flexible. (It does not take away the gray, though!)
I use it everyday and only need 1.5 pumps!

ENABLERS!!! I just ordered that stuff, too. It's an auto-deliver to get the next shipment in June and I shouldn't need ANY between now and then. I have my ginger pumpkin still, had just ordered a bottle of the pomegranate and now these five. I'm all set for the forseeable future!! But this is a great price to try out the various "flavors." Find my favorites, mix and match, etc. Fun with cleansing conditioner!!

I have been using it for about 5 - 6 weeks now .. LOVE it!! Went to my hairdresser - and didnt tell her that I was using it - she looked at my hair and was amazed how long my color had lasted - she said .. hey .. you are fine .. I dont think we need to do any color at all today !!! :D:D sooooo just one more reason to keep using it!!

JeanMarie - I do shampoo w/reg shampoo once a week as a clarifier - I think this will solve your problem - I also find that tweaking the amount and time left in also has different outcomes ... kinda like a learning curve with it .. LOL!!!

LOVE IT!! But it does have a learning curve - and I think it works best to use a reg shampoo and cond once a week to clarify your hair!!!

So far I am loving my WEN. I started with pomegranate and sweet almond duo. I just got my large size of the fig today. Mail came right after I finished doing my hair. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. My not as damage d hair seems shinier than the over processed blonde ends. All I seem to need is the extra pump as a leave-in and no other products. Have tried with add'l product and just the leave-in. I have found I don't even need hairspray. I just hope everyday just gets better and better. I plan to give this product many months to a year to prove good or bad. My husband commented tonight how shiny and that my color looks better. I find many products darken my hair color.

Christie

I have been using it for about 5 - 6 weeks now .. LOVE it!! Went to my hairdresser - and didnt tell her that I was using it - she looked at my hair and was amazed how long my color had lasted - she said .. hey .. you are fine .. I dont think we need to do any color at all today !!! :D:D sooooo just one more reason to keep using it!!

JeanMarie - I do shampoo w/reg shampoo once a week as a clarifier - I think this will solve your problem - I also find that tweaking the amount and time left in also has different outcomes ... kinda like a learning curve with it .. LOL!!!

LOVE IT!! But it does have a learning curve - and I think it works best to use a reg shampoo and cond once a week to clarify your hair!!!

Thanks for suggesting this! As a matter of fact, I did use shampoo yesterday and then back to WEN today and I'm back to liking how my hair is behaving. So, you're right... a regular shampoo once a week is the answer!

uhh, there are threads on QVC with concerns that Wen is causing hair loss... : (

How odd....my husband is actually growing hair on his little bald spot on top of his head (had to take a picture to show him, way cool to see little fuzzies where there was nothing before) and I find that when I lift my hair up, I've got extra hair growing around the front of my hair line which is nice since I have fine, thin hair. (just noticed that yesterday while blow drying my hair) I wonder why they are having hair loss??

uhh, there are threads on QVC with concerns that Wen is causing hair loss... : (

I find this odd as well. One of the benefits that I've noticed from day one is how little hair I'm losing when combing through after using Wen as compared to regular shampoo & conditioner.

I tried Six Thirteen this morning and this is HANDS DOWN the best Wen product EVER! Plus the smell is PHENOMINAL! I'm so glad I got this product!! :) :) :)

I was a little freaked out about the hair loss threads, I've totally fallen for Wen, so I really didn't want to hear anything bad. I can finally do an easy wet comb out for the first time in a few years.

Denise R said:
I tried Six Thirteen this morning and this is HANDS DOWN the best Wen product EVER! Plus the smell is PHENOMINAL! I'm so glad I got this product!! :) :) :)

What is Six Thirteen?

Thanks

Trixoo

MY EARLY TEST RESULTS ON WEN VS HAIR ONE

I tried 3 different formulas of Hair One (the Sally Beauty Supply Wen knock-off) for 1 month and liked it very much, although couldn't see a difference in my hair from the Basin shampoo bars (which are cheaper). However, when I started with the Wen Pumpkin Spice 1 week ago, my hair looked instantly shinier and I have recieved multiple comments on how great my hair looks (and even was told how great I looked yesterday by 3 different people although I was sick as a dog and I felt like I looked it!!)

So--my early test result is the following: I find that there IS a noticable difference between Hair One and WEN, with WEN being the clear winner!

When I came on to post this-I saw Denise's comments about six-thirteen. You're killing me! Now I have to try that as well!

Let me say this to all you ladies who say this is too expensive-here is my justification: How much do you spend on miracle facial creams and how many comments do you get from people who notice a difference? (If I had 3 people tell me how great I looked yesterday when I felt like I was going to pass out and I'm sure my face was green-ish....that was money well spent!) I feel like my hair is an extension of my face.

HTH!

(Love you ladies! ya'll are awesome, even if reading these forums does cost me a lot of money!)

Let me say this to all you ladies who say this is too expensive-here is my justification: How much do you spend on miracle facial creams and how many comments do you get from people who notice a difference? (If I had 3 people tell me how great I looked yesterday when I felt like I was going to pass out and I'm sure my face was green-ish....that was money well spent!) I feel like my hair is an extension of my face.

Excellent point TexasLaura!! This made me LOL...:D

Earlier in the year I stopped using all of those expensive do-nothing-for-you face creams, lotions and scrubs and switched to plain old cold cream. Because ladies, we know deep down that there is no cream in the world that is going to get rid of wrinkles, even ask your doc if you don't believe me. My skin has never looked better. Now I invest a fraction of that of money on WEN and my hair has never looked better. WIN-WIN!!!

ETA - I am so going to have to try SixThirteen now!!!!

Last edited:
Ok Melissa, spill! what kind of cold cream?

p.s I know this is a WEN thread, and I don't want to veer off into anything else, (I will be buying WEN for sure after reading the comparision with Hair One which I have), but we Have to Know which cold cream don't we? LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.