Wen hair care

I don't know if I can try this product. I work in a dental office where I have teeth, blood and spit flying around and I need to wash my hair daily especially on the days that I work. I couldn't afford to use this product and have it only last 1/2 a month! :(

Nola504,

Thanks for the tip. I actually bought some of this "Hair One" on the way home tonight. Apparently it is the "generic", "knock-off" version of WEN.

Of course, I already ordered a sample of the WEN because I got so excited reading all these reviews. Now I can compare them and I will report back. (12 oz of Hair One cost me $11 without a Sally card)

For those of you who tried one of the WEN formulas and it didn't work for you but others are suggesting that you try a different formula; the QVC website had a "sample" pack with all 6 of their regular formulas (not Ginger Pumpkin) in 6oz (travel size, 60 pumps per bottle) for $59. That's what I ordered. A bit pricey, but I can try them all and see what if I want to invest more and in what formulas...and I'll have the handy travel-size bottles to refill for later.

I'll report back on whether I think the Hair One is equal to the WEN!

Thanks for this thread and all the valuable info!!

Laura, you are so funny! You bought the Hair One at Sally's and ordered from Wen, too?!? Well, so did I. Since I live on the West Coast, I haven't got my shipment yet(I ordered 8 days ago), and am very anxiously waiting, so, I just happened to pass Sally's(I am usually never over there), so I had to go in and buy a bottle. It was only $12, and I think I will try it tomorrow morning before I walk in The Race for the Cure.

So, I will have the cheapo knock off Hair One, *and* WEN, the real thing pretty soon....

Does anyone know if there is a guarantee of some sort from QVC? Will they take back the shampoo if it doesn't work?

thx!

I don't know if I can try this product. I work in a dental office where I have teeth, blood and spit flying around and I need to wash my hair daily especially on the days that I work. I couldn't afford to use this product and have it only last 1/2 a month! :(

I am not sure why you think it would only last 1/2 a month. I am thinking mine will last about 2 months, and that's using it every day with about 10 pumps.

I am on day 4 and the results just keep getting better. My DH even commented today on the change in my hair. I can't say enough good about this product!

I love WEN - I'm so glad that I saw this thread because I've still got plenty of my current bottle, and had NO idea there was a pumpkin spice version!!! I just ordered 2 bottles. I wish it came in the bigger bottles - I'm sure I will love the smell - will be great all fall/winter.

I have been using Lavender for a while and love it, although now I'm intrigued to try the Fig based on others comments. I will also check out the June gallon special - that is the way to go!!!

So I broke down and ordered the Pumpkin Spice one. I used it last night and am really impressed on how my hair looks today. It's fuller and very shiny. I'd like to try the Fig one soon as well.

After I got done cleansing my hair with the Pumpkin Spice, I wasn't sure a comb would go through my hair because it didn't feel as "slimy" as it usually does after I condition. Well, the comb went right through it. I'm impressed.

Only thing I don't like is there are "cones" in it. I've been trying to stay away from cones because it's not suppose to be good for your hair, just like sulfates. But honestly, every once in a while I'll use a cone product and my hair just looks better. I still can't figure out why cones are so bad, I thought they were a protectant agains the environment. Who knows. All I know is I'm happy with how my hair looks today. :)

I wonder if this makes any sense... My hair is long (past my bra strap) and gets so filthy from riding, not to mention the little bugs that get caught in my helmet vents and plastered in my scalp. I'm thinking *pre-wash* with my regular gentle organic shampoo to get the majority of dirt out and then use the Ginger/Pumpkin almost like it was a conditioner?

Or is this defeating the purpose? Arghhhh, I wish I never would have read this thread.

How is everyone liking the Ginger/Pumpkin for blond fine hair?

I just want to say, after using my Pumpkin scented Wen for almost a week, I am loving my hair! Oh gosh, it looks so healthy and my new hair cut just falls into place with little effort. (I have very fine hair and it never looks dirty and even looks cleaner/fuller in the mornings!!) Now I just wish the Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment would come in at QVC so I can try that!! ;)

I wonder if this makes any sense... My hair is long (past my bra strap) and gets so filthy from riding, not to mention the little bugs that get caught in my helmet vents and plastered in my scalp. I'm thinking *pre-wash* with my regular gentle organic shampoo to get the majority of dirt out and then use the Ginger/Pumpkin almost like it was a conditioner?

Or is this defeating the purpose? Arghhhh, I wish I never would have read this thread.

How is everyone liking the Ginger/Pumpkin for blond fine hair?

Do you ride a motorcycle? LOL on the bugs getting in your helmet vents. I ride a motorcycle as well but I can't say that anything has ever gotten into my helmet vents. Gross!

I don't see why you couldn't wash with organic shampoo and then use the Wen as a conditioner. Maybe try it without your organic shampoo for a few washes and see how your hair feels then go from there.

I also have blonde hair but mine is thick. This pumpkin ginger worked beautifully on me. Today is my 2nd day hair and it still has body and bounce to it. I'm very happy with the results.

Still can't justify the cost, so I went and picked up some of the "knock off" brand - Hair One. I got the Tea Tree Oil and the Cucumber one. I read online that the ingredients are almost identical to Wen except for the scented oil? Anyways, I'll try it tonight and let you know what I think. The tea trea one smells really good. I did consider getting the Wen pumpkin spice and maybe just using a little bit of it mixed with the cheaper stuff. My husband said he doesn't want my hair smelling like a pumpkin though. I think he just wants to save money. ;)

Wen did not work for my hair at all. I really really wanted it to after reading all the raves reviews. I even purchased it two seperate times with hopes it would work better the second time.

My hair is shoulder length and on the thicker side. Its wavy and tends to frizz. All this product did was make it limp and look greasy.

I think the main thing with using both Wen or Hair One is to rinse. Rinse like you think you can't rinse anymore. I really don't remember where I heard that but I had the same issue and realized I didn't rinse as thorough as I should have.

For those who are trying Hair One and Wen hope it works the same. I don't have any issues with using Hair One; they only have four formulas and no fancy smelling ones, but I am ok with that.

Still can't justify the cost, so I went and picked up some of the "knock off" brand - Hair One. I got the Tea Tree Oil and the Cucumber one. I read online that the ingredients are almost identical to Wen except for the scented oil? Anyways, I'll try it tonight and let you know what I think. The tea trea one smells really good. I did consider getting the Wen pumpkin spice and maybe just using a little bit of it mixed with the cheaper stuff. My husband said he doesn't want my hair smelling like a pumpkin though. I think he just wants to save money. ;)

Liann, I was in your exact position Monday of last week when I first read this thread. I bought Sally's knock off Hair One and have used it four times. I like it so much that I went ahead and spent $33 and change (including shipping and tax) today on the Ginger Pumpkin Wen. I have reservations about my hair smelling like food, but the price was $3 less than the other scents. I figured I could give it to my daughter to use if I can't stand it because she has also been using the Hair One with awesome results. But, I didn't think of your idea and just might try mixing the least costly with the expensive.

Still loving my Wen! Every day my hair looks better and better. I did stop at Sally's today and picked up 2 Hair One products, one for hubby and one for me/daughter to try. I got the Tea Tree for hubby and Aloe Cucumber for us. I'm sure it will work well but I LOVE my Wen!

I have tried both Wen and Hair One and finally decided to stick with Hair One mostly because I am cheap. I used them for a couple of months, but no matter how much product I used or how much I rinsed the roots of my very straight hair always looked greasy so I went back to my original organic shampoo. While I had more flyaways I used my regular shampoo and Hair One as a conditioner for about 6 months. After reading this thread I decided to use my regular organic shampoo on just the newest 1" of growth, then use Hair One on my entire head. That is the trick for me. Now my roots don't look greasy and the length of my hair isn't flyaway. I think I am going to stick to this for a long time.

Used the Hair One last night. I'm going to try and use less tonight because I think I used too much the first time. My hair feels "healthy" but not "clean" to me. I'm not sure I'm going to like this. I put the amount on called for and left it on for a good while and then rinsed the crud out of it. My hair still has that way overconditioned feel to it. I'll try it again tonight with less product and see what happens. My bangs looked greasy when my hair dried too, so not digging that. It may just take a few days to get used to though, so I'm not passing judgement on it yet. I do love the way it made my scalp feel.

I use WEN faithfully and have been for about a year now too. I LOVE this product and it has completely transformed my hair from frizzy flyaway to satin smooth. I order the big gallon size containers from QVC every June when Wen has their one gallon anniversary sale on QVC. I use all scents and mix them up. I have 5 smaller 16 ounce Wen sized bottles in my shower (I convert them from the gallon size) and I do a different pump sequence every day. Its like shock training my hair. I usually use 26 pumps per wash. One of my favorite combos is 16 pumps of sweet almond, 8 pumps of tea tree oil and two pumps of fig :)

Ooh! Good to know, I will try that.:)

I am not sure why you think it would only last 1/2 a month. I am thinking mine will last about 2 months, and that's using it every day with about 10 pumps.

I am on day 4 and the results just keep getting better. My DH even commented today on the change in my hair. I can't say enough good about this product!

I took the recommended amount of pump and divided it by the amount of pumps the bottle should have and that is what I came up with. 15 days.

Hey thanks for sharing your about your product here, i am looking for some tips and advice on what causes hair loss and how best to treat your hair loss problem.
But now i’ll use to wen hair care and i hope I’ll get good result.

There are a lot of causes for hair loss. You could have a vitamin or mineral deficiency. You could have a hormonal imbalance (like myself.) You can get tested by your gynecologist for your testosterone, estrogen, and blood sugar. If you aren't absorbing your blood sugar properly you may have insulin that is not being absorbed and without a home to go to, it behaves like testosterone and causes male pattern baldness in us girls. I take Twinlabs multivitamin and that seems to help. Horsetail can help tremendously too. Using tea tree oil can help. I'm about to try using some apple cider vinegar, I've read good things about it. Do you get dandruff? The ACV is supposed to help with any kind of fungal infection that can also cause thinning of the hair. The ACV must be raw with the mother in it, its the bugs that do the trick not the acid.

Good luck!:)

I just want to say, after using my Pumpkin scented Wen for almost a week, I am loving my hair! Oh gosh, it looks so healthy and my new hair cut just falls into place with little effort. (I have very fine hair and it never looks dirty and even looks cleaner/fuller in the mornings!!) Now I just wish the Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment would come in at QVC so I can try that!! ;)

Wen Hair Care Products, WEN Hair Conditioner, Shampoo, Balm, Cleanser and more

Denise

Here is a link for the six thirteen cleansing treatment at QVC

I took the recommended amount of pump and divided it by the amount of pumps the bottle should have and that is what I came up with. 15 days.

I realized pretty quick that the recommended amount of pumps is WAY too much for the average person. Unless you've got extra, super thick hair that is very long, you only need about half of what they recommend.

I don't know how the average person could possibly use more than about 15 pumps, max. The conditioner would be running down your face and your back, there would be so much excess.

My estimate of 2 months for a 32 oz bottle is probably exaggerated. I'm guessing I'll get about 6 weeks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.