!!!!! Weightloss challenge for December :)

Hey Tina how was your ride today? 25 degrees not your cup o tea? 30/30 for me, nice & short :) gotta run to dinner, have a good night :)

I hope we all had a nice holiday! I received a gift card to Academy so there's fitness shopping in my near future :)

Today I did STS D19, chest, shoulders, triceps. I was scheduled to do this one 2 days ago but I had massive DOMS from the last back/biceps workout and wanted those to go away before doing upper body again. So it looks like I won't be finishing STS on time. I'd rather make sure I don't overwork my muscles than keep to a schedule.

I also received my calendar, can't wait for the first weigh in/measure. I usually track this stuff digitally but next year I'll use the calendar. Maybe having those numbers out in the open will motivate me to make them move faster.

For 2013 I'm shooting for a flat stomach. Not looking for amazing abs, just need to get rid of the bump that makes people wonder if I'm pregnant (I'm not).

I can't wait to hear about all your holidays!

Sue

Hi Sue! So great to hear from you. We had a great holiday, but the festive eating has been "no holds barred", which has turned on a motivation switch to buckle down and get serious.

Yesterday was M3D29 plyo legs and bonus legs from Meso 1. For Christmas, DH gave me a nice bike trainer, so we can finally spin together. I'll be spinning some calories off this morning.

Sue, now I want the calendar. I've never had a Cathe calendar, sounds motivating. I've also never heard of Academy, so I'll be checking that out.
I'm starting to form some New Year's resolutions, I'll share them once they're solid.

Hi to everyone that may still be out there. : )

Hi Sue! Did you spend your Academy gc yet? My dad gave me a Visa gc, and I'm thinking I may need to buy boxing gloves. I tried to buy the Cathe calendar with it, but it wouldn't take the card number. : (

Today was another spinning workout with DH. It's so much better with him next to me. We can chat and push each other harder. If Xtrain comes tonight, we'll be doing Ride tomorrow morning. He's been trying the STS abs with me and even did the mermaid move on the Pilates abs. He was saying "owie" alot!

I hope you're doing well! : )

Hi Tina! no shopping yet for me, I'll check out the sales in the paper and may go out tomorrow. I think gift cards are hard to use online because they lack account address info that's used to deter fraud. I'm surprised calendars are still available, I was under the impression that if you didn't preorder you wouldn't get one. I'm so happy you got your new trainer! Now you can get back to riding together, I bet that's leaps and bounds better than doing it alone. That's funny about your hubby doing the abs routine, good to know Cathe gives owies regardless of gender :)

I'm wondering if you received xtrain today? I downloaded yesterday, read the user guide and previewed the low impact hiit. I might do it tomorrow, trying to figure out how to fit in xtrain cardio with STS. I think I'll start the 30 day rotation after I finish STS.

Today I did D20, legs. I was rocking the one legged sit and stands, feeling pretty cocky about it, but was brought low on the last round of 45 degree lunges. My left knee said NO FREAKING WAY! I need to get better at taking my Chondroitin horse pills, possibly get a brace.

I'm definitely making flat stomach my resolution for the new year, I'll put a number on it when I measure on the 1st. Sweets are my Achilles heel so I'll need to be diligent in making sure I have lower calorie alternatives in the house.

I hope you get to RIDE tomorrow!

Sue
(hi to Melanie & Elle! I hope you're both doing well!)

Left work at 12:30 tonight and was surprised to find six inches of snow on the ground and no gloves or car scraper (duh) and no plowed roads to speak of. Thought I had frost bite on my fingers in the 20 mph car ride home. Didn't get home until 1 a.m., but XTRAIN IS HERE, XTRAIN IS HERE. What a way to end a cranky mood. I can't wait for the morning to look it over. DH will have to plow in the morning, so we won't be doing Ride together. What to do, what to do? Maybe Hard Strikes when I wake up. :eek:

Hi Tina! congrats on getting xtrain! What have you tried so far? Bummer about the snow, seems like there should always be gloves & ice scraper in the car :) Today I did D21 back & bis. I love the slow pace on this one. I was looking for some xtrain cardio to do with my bum left knee (no likey lunges) and settled on tabata #5. Not all 5 just the 5th one. This is my first attempt at any tabata (I don't have the workouts that were released this summer). I had to take a little extra rest after the plié jumps, but loved it. The recovery blast at the end was nice. I think I'll try hard strikes tomorrow. Have a good night!

Go Sue, Go! You're really going to love the upper body portion of Meso 3. It took me a few rounds to start to really enjoy the slower, methodical pace of it, but now I really enjoy trying to beat the weight amounts, even if it's only by .5 pounds. Only two more weeks left for me, then a rest week, and then I'll try the 30 day Xtrain + Ride rotation. I'll evaluate from there if I'll try another round of STS or a 90 day Xtrain.

DH and I did end up doing Ride this morning, and we both loved it. DH isn't a big fan of standing work on the trainer, but he loved the music and pace. This is my new favorite spin workout. Tomorrow, if I have time after STS, I might try a few Tabatas. I can't wait to hear what you think of Hard Strikes.

I hope your knee is feeling better. : )

Hey Tina did you Tabatacize today? I'm a bit jealous that you'll be starting your xtrain rotation so soon, it's looking like I'll be starting mid February. I'm going to do a 30 day rotation too, but without ride.

So I did hard strikes today, just chapter 1 and the stretch. I don't have the big pink gloves but I do have a pair of one pound everlast fingerless gloves. I wore those for the first 20 minutes of the workout, had to take them off when I got too hot and sweaty. It's the first time I've worn gloves for any kickboxing, definitely brought more challenge to it. Workout was relatively low impact, only a short stretch where there's jumping, plus jump rope and jacks sprinkled throughout. I will need to work on my double time jabs. I think I have all of Cathe's kickbox workouts, this is my favorite by far.

The new series is making me want to do cardio, whereas there's been a bit of a dread factor with me and cardio lately.

New year resolution post tomorrow - do you have yours firmed up?

Taking a cup of kindness for auld lang syne :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.