Weight Watchers question

Sonnenschein

Cathlete
What is Weight Watchers like these days? I haven't done it for at least 25 years and back then there was nothing to count, instead it was like a menu pattern. Breakfast was an egg or an ounce of cheese or half cup cottage cheese and a bread and a fruit or something like that. Now it sounds like it's similar to calorie counting except you count points, and more things are "free foods" than what we used to have. I keep being interested in finding out what the program involves to see if I could live with it but it there is significant cost to join online (I am NOT a meeting person); I'd like to have some idea beforehand about whether it's worth it. Also, do they allow enough food for an exerciser--each week I do about 4 hours cardio, 2 hours power yoga, and 2-3 hours strength training. Thanks for any info you can give. --Karen

Hi Karen,
I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I personally think it is the best program for eating. It is a point system now. You are allowed to eat so many points per day depending upon your weight. Foods are counted as points and still most of your vegetables are free. You are allowed so many extra points for your workouts also. You can use your points however you want to. If you feel your meals should contain more protein then you could eat more protein and less Carbs just add up your points. There is a site called the Wendy plan that uses WW point system but they mix up the amount of points you eat daily so that your body does not get used to eating the same points every day. At the bottom of this post is the site. Whenever I need to get back on track and loose a few pounds Weight Watchers is where I turn. It seems the easiest plan to me but I know it so well. I don't know about their online program, I always went to the meeting when I needed to. I tried to join etools awhile back and I never was sent my access number. Well good luck with whatever road you take and I hope this helps.
Debbie
http://communities.msn.com/POINTingmyWaytoaNewLife/wppointsranges

Hi Karen,
Debbie is absolutely right. I'm a lifetime member as well and the only way I've been able to maintain or lose weight ever has been through WW. The points system is EASY. You are definitely able to eat enough to work out hard during the week - the more you exercise, the more you are able to "bank" points for treats you would like during the week, or, extra energy to help you through your workout. I'm a big fan so good luck if you do join again!
Jenifer

Ditto - I don't go to meetings, but I have the "At Home" program. WW is the best.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.