Weight Watchers - 3rd week of March 2011

story1267

Cathlete
Up one for me this week. I'm going to call it water weight from the heavy lifting.....because that works for me :p.

I think I ate pretty well this week. Even with using up all my DPs and WPs.

It's quiet around here. I only have one of four kids awake :eek:. Better get to the day.

BBL.

Good Morning Ladies,

Did everyone remember to "Spring Forward"? I haven't been getting here as often as I would like but I do try to read through the posts as they are quite motivating. I can't really check in from work so that makes it difficult. I'm switching from the monthly pass to the online version. I can't usually make the meetings anyway. I'm going to stick to Wednesday's for my weigh in day and see how that goes.

I got a new phone, the motorola atrix and downloaded some apps this morning after going through the tutorial.:D I downloaded the WW app, the Cathe app, and also a Weight Loss Hypnosis app. (thanks to Elaine) I'm just hoping that having all of these tools at my fingertips will help me reach my goals.

Yesterday I did STS TB and today may try one of the S90 cardio w/o's. I just picked up these workouts on Friday and want to give them a try. Not sure If I'm ready to follow a long rotation again though.

Stacy-hang tough girl. It could simply be water weight gain or not being able to work out like you normally would since you have knee injury. Make sure you fill up on zero point fruits and veggies. We can do this!

Elaine-I hope DS's school situation is better. I feel for you and your son. Did you get yourself some new shoes?

Jennifer-enjoy your vacation! Congrats on the 2# loss!!! Hmmm, I haven't seen the Dark Choc. Almond Milk. I usually get unsweetened vanilla almond milk since I use chocolate protein powder. It sounds delicious though.

Melissa-how does the kitchen look? Painting really spruces up an area and makes it look fresh again.

Suzanne-I can't get here very often either, but try to read through the posts at least every other day. I find a lot of motivation on this thread.

Shereta-OMG, you were so close to finishing Intensity...I know you will next time! Intensity is my new favorite w/o and it's a lot of fun too! Down more #'s and down a size too....way to go!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies!

Hey, Yall. Today's workout was HIS step only. I needed something fun and short and this one fit the bill.

b. 2 eggs, cheese, collards - 5
s. yogurt - 2
l. salad, chicken breast - 6
s. Apple, banana
d. mexican lasagna, broc - 10
s. ice cream - 4
total: 27

Lets see if I can maintain on this.
BBL

Hi everyone. A little yoga for me today. I'm doing a loose "rotation" of my dvds by doing one Mostly Cardio then one Mostly Weights and then one Mostly Stretchy.

I still have a kettlebell dvd in the shrinkwrap and I've been just waiting to have a few extra hours - I want to watch it first!

Today's eats haven't been that great. I'm starving now and it's gonna be a while until dinner and I ain't got no points to spare....

B - rice, hippie spread, brown sugar, soy milk
S - carrots, humus
L - very small portion of leftover spaghetti with meat sauce
S - almonds, dark chocolate
S - apple
D - tuna melt

37 points for the day with that.

Need to get back to my oatmeal / hot cereal breakfast I think.

Hi all. I'd like to say my weight gain was water weight but it's not!!

But, today I made a concerted effort and though my food choices werent the best, I ate all of my 29 DP's today without going over AND I tracked it online. I havent done EITHER of those things in awhile!

My knee is still a bit tweaky, but if I'm feeling up to it I may walk on the treadmill later tonight.

I hate this flabby, out of control feeling I've slowly migrated back to!!

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did GS BSB and No Equipment Abs. My eating has not been the best but I have counted everything and logged it online! Stacy-I feel your pain.

Pre workout-toasted sandwich thins w/almond butter & jelly-6pts
B-protein breakfast 7pts
L-Eating Right boxed meal (boring) 8pts
S-banana, sugar snap peas 0pts
S-apple w/almond butter 3pts
D-stuffed pasta shell with red sauce (i'm afraid to see how many point this it, but will do it anyway)

Stacy-I'm right there with yah. I just switched from meetings to online and will see how that goes.

Suzanne-love your "mostly" rotation!:D I'm not following a rotation right now. I recently ordered the STS tower and it should be here on Wednesday. I really feel the tower is necessary for me to safely lift heavier. My shoulders have been bothering me lately and I think its from lifting heavy weights into position. I'm also a kettlebell fan!

Shereta-its so nice to have those shorter workouts when needed. I was home today and tend to pick too much when I'm home.

Hey, Ladies. I ended the day with 39 pps. Feeling pretty good. I forgot to weighin this morning, but I wont tomorrow.
Suzanne, your breakfast looks yummy.

Stacy, come on, Girl. Get yourself together. You have too much knowledge to give up. Tomorrow's a new day!

Diana, the GS series is the only one I dont have - well besides the STS system. How do you like them?

Well, good night, All. Weights for me tomorrow. Yipppeee.

I'm working on it Shereta!! I'm feeling things starting to click again!

I just got a notice from collagevideo that my Supreme 90 dvd set has shipped, so that's getting me excited!!

I have both Gym Styles and STS....I like GS but sometimes they seem almost too similar to the exercises in Muscle Max so I like to not do either GS or MMx together in the same week/rotation. As far as STS goes, for me, Mesocycle 1 seems almost too similar to her other workouts except alot more pushups. Mesocycle 3 I havent done yet but it'd seem that I'd need the Pullup Tower or a weight bench to be able to lift as heavy as I"d like. I"ve only done Mesocycle 2 once but I was starting to seem some nice strength gains as well as muscle definition. I'd say if you wanted to just get one Mesocycle, I'd go for #2. I also didnt do any of the one rep max's for STS, I just used what I thought would be a good weight and tweaked it up or down as needed.

I'm missing my weight workouts, I've been doing more Total Body and circuits lately, but I"m going back to split training again, either with STS 1 & 2, Gym Styles or more than likely I'll try out my new Supreme 90 when it arrives. I also really like Barry's Bootcamp Academy series.

I'm rethinking my cardio too....the only thing I've done new recently is the interval/plyo workout from P90X+, and ever since my knee has really bothered me, so most likely no more higher impact stuff for me. I just hope I can still find a cardio with a good enough calorie burn!

Hi ladies. Sorry to be MIA lately. I've been dealing with some health issues and found out yesterday that I can't exercise for the next 3 weeks. Absolutely no exercise. And believe me, I listed every possible exercise option to my doctor only to be shot down on every.single.one. I know it's for my own good, but I feel extremely sad. I'm back at work today and trying to stay positive and keep busy. Lots to catch up on so that shouldn't be too hard.

Here is my menu for today:

B: 2 slices whole wheat toast, 1 T pd, 1/2 c 1%
L: whole wheat pita, 1/2 c tuna, 1 T light ranch dressing, apple
S: 1 egg/3 whites scrambled, 2 T shredded cheddar, 2 T salsa, orange
D: 6 oz roasted chicken, 1 c 1 %, steamed green beans & broccoli

I'll be living vicarioulsy through you all regarding your kick-butt workouts so don't let me down!!! :D

Aww! Melissa. Keep your chin up.

Shereta: weights for me today.

Stacy : I liked Meso 2 the best,too. I've done Meso 3 once and I liked it but I didn't have the tower then and felt I could have gone much heavier.
Not a meso 1 fan, but I usually don't like endurance type lifting.

Diana: I hope the hypnosis helps.

Hey Suzanne, how are things?

I will get in slow dog walk and STS TB only upper body. I got a shot of cortisone for my neuroma today. Ouch! My Dr wants me to refrain from impact for 72hrs. He then wants me to work out the way I usually do. He wants to see if it helped. Got love a Dr. that tells you to work out.:)

Menu:

B: oats,blueberries,flax,agave, hard boiled egg.
L: clementine,salad,lite blue cheese dressing egg sandwich(4 egg whites,1oz reduced fat cheddar,arnold thin ketchup) 6pts
S: rice crackers, sunbutter,apple 6pts
D: pork tenderloin, brown rice, broccoli ?pts

Hey, Ladies. No workout for me. I just needed more prayer time today, so I skipped it. Will get it tomorrow hopefully.

B. 3 eggs
s. yogurt, banana
l. salad, dressing, chicken strips
s. yogurt, apple
d. mexican lasagna
s. ice cream.

I wonder what Cathe will come out with next.......

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to see this thread! I'm doing WW and also a huge Cathe fan! Would you all mind if I joined in? :D

~Linda

Linda - Welcome!

Shereta - Hope all is well. My hot rice breakfast is a treat from growing up when I used to put a LOT more butter and brown sugar on it. Comfort food for sure.

Elaine - Things are ok. Trying to get ready for my DD's IEP meeting on Monday. Trying to keep my head together for it....thus the workouts! I need all those good chemicals! :p I hope you feel better from your cortisone shot. That just sounds so painful...do you at least get a bit of novocaine?

Melissa - Hugs to you and hang in there. I hear more stories of how people have really done numbers on themselves by working out when they shouldn't. Sometimes you really do need to take a break. I will try my best to perform excellent workouts for you ;).

Stacy - Have fun with your new workouts! With the coupons that Cathe is offering I'm thinking of boosting my collection with maybe Intensity and High Reps and I've always wanted KPC......

Diana - Yeah, I see the rotations and read the folks who follow them. I just don't think I have that particular kind of discipline. Plus I fall into the trap of overthinking. So I just lined up my DVD's in sort-of order and when I finish I put it to the far left so whatever's on the far right is the one I do next!

Today I did 4DS KB with the weights first. Felt great!

Haven't posted my food yet but I did just finish a little granola, berries, kefir.

BBL.

Suzanne: Yeah, he sprayed it with novocaine first. I remember those IEP days. Keep your head and stand your ground. Good luck! KPC all the way!:D

Finished STS TB upper body premix. I went a bit heavier that last time. My goal is to keep increasing my weights.

Spring is near! chipmunks chasing each other and crocuses popping their heads up! Yippeee!!!

Evening Ladies.

Suzanne, yes, all is well. Prayer helps me stay sane and worry free. Well, mostly worry free. Thanks for asking

Elaine, I hear you about spring. And, altho Im up a lb this week, I'm still 8 lbs lighter than last spring. yeah

I was a lazy slug today.

Tomorrow is weigh-in and the start of my WW New Attitude! I have an event on April 16th with a goal weight in mind that I'd like to reach by then. I'm hoping this short-term goal will be the challenge I need to get back into things. I dont know what my deal is, I just feel blah.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.