Weekend plans?

yaya its friday! whats everyones big weekend plans? I am taking my mom to a japanese restaurant where they slice and dice and cook in front of you, then to an annual festival we have here called Tulip fest where they have music and flowers (of course) You?

Oooohh....I love those kind of restaurants!! Have fun!!

Nothing other than working out and cleaning in store this weekend. I have a feeling my oldest DD will rally to acquire her driver's permit tomorrow......we'll see......:p

TGIF! Have a great weekend, everybody!

Angie

Well, let's see. Today is work until 1, grocery shopping, hair salon, run and CM#2, laundry, tape and prime my spare bedroom. Tomorrow is clean out my car, Bootcamp, cleanmax, put the first coat of paint on the spare bedroom. Sunday is ripping out major garden disasters (huge tracts of landscape fabric and some rusty metal edging and cinder blocks around one garden bed), dig over beds, amend soil, visit the garden centre, go for a run, make homemade spinach and ricotta gnocchi..... I'm tired just thinking about all that!

Well, my dad's coming to visit tonight, so we'll probably have dinner w/my cousin & her husband (his niece of course).

Sat. night's date night, either dinner, a movie & a bottle of wine, or maybe we'll skip the movie. :)

Sunday is my rest day. I haven't spoken w/my mom in almost 2 years (long & ugly story), I have no kids, so I think I'm gonna clean up my porch, do laundry & maybe actually relax.

Oh, and of course 2 hours at the gym on Saturday (cardio, bis, back & abs) & 2 hours at the gym on Sunday (cardio, legs & shoulders).

SO is out of town so here's my weekend:

Friday: Pick up suits from the dry cleaner. Ride the exercise bike.

Saturday: Try on every article of clothing I own to see what will work for my new job (I start Monday!) Workout. Knit furiously to get as much done on my afghan as possible.

Sunday: Continue knitting until my fingers are numb. Workout. Make enough tofu enchiladas to fill the freezer to capacity.

I remember when weekends were fun times. What happened? :(

Tonight is dinner and hanging out w/my closest friend. Saturday is a trip to DMV in the morning to get my digital drivers lisence and then dinner at SIL's for mother's day with MIL. Sunday is possibly shopping for last minute baby things and then either I am cooking dinner or we are going out to eat with my mom for Mother's Day...unless I am in the hospital! ;-)

I will also try to throw a work out or 2 in where possible ofcourse...

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

We are going out to Brunch with my husbands mothers side of the family. I've never been to the restaurant that we are going to. So, I can't give you any details other than it's brunch and it's a buffet, I believe.

Kathy

Baseball practice for one son tonight.

On Saturday, my three boys have soccer games, followed by my niece's communion.

On Sunday, one son has a soccer training class and has a big assignment to work on that is due on Monday as well as a test to study for. We'll also see my MIL sometime on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day.

Erica

Edited to add:

Maximus - my mother and I have been estranged for 3 and a half years now.

Im sorry to hear so many of you estranged from their mothers. I got in a fight with my mom about 3 years ago and we didnt speak for about 2 years. then she had a heart attack and I couldnt let her leave the earth w/o speaking to her. Well needless to say, she is ok now and Im stuck with her. haha just kidding. We dont have the same relationship we had but we have something now - its a step. Hope everyones weekend is great!

"Wendy - what's a digital driver's license??"

NJ now requires everyone to have one...it's basically just a fancy new D/L that is supposed to guard against phony ID's...they started it because of 9/11...

~Wendy~

I can't imagine not having a relationship with my mom...we are the best of friends! It's scares the heck outta me to think of losing her even as an adult!

I am sorry to hear about the ladies who are estranged from thier moms. That's very sad.

I had a B/F once who hadn't spoken to his mom in a few years. I actually convinced him to call her and try to work it out...they have a decent relationship now. I'm so glad that he gave it a shot.

~Wendy~

Well, saturday its work as usual with yoga, weights and step aerobics thrown in between.

Sunday, its visit some friends of my moms and I to drop off a house warming gift and go to lunch. They just bought their first house (they are in their 50's). Then back to work to workout followed by a nap. I am sure I will need one by then.

Saturday--hair cut, planting the rest of the garden, hoping to plant flowers too if I find what I want.

ETA: Triceps from May rotation

Sunday--visiting my Mom (my Mom's b-day is Monday) and MIL for Mother's Day. Cooking out. Not sure what my darling DH and 3 sons have planned for me. It's a surprise!

Hmmm, let's see. I'm going to go to the dry cleaner and the gym early Sat. morning, meet with our financial advisor, then go to the office to work for the rest of the day. I'll probably get home late and DH and I will eat salads. Sunday will be similar. To the gym, then more Wills to draft, and estate administration stuff for clients, but I may work from home on Sunday. We'll have to go food shopping too.

Then I have to put together my resume because I was contacted by a headhunter with a very interesting position. I haven't needed a resume in 7 years, so it's going to be a big job. Of course, she needs it by Monday. What else. In short, this is NOT going to be a fun weekend. :-(

Guess I'll relax on Monday? Or maybe Memorial Day?

(At least my Mom will be busy visiting my brother on mum's day.)

Wendy -

You'll have to tell me how you convinced your BF to call her and work it out. My BF doesn't speak to his mother, and she's the nicest woman in the world - she's an excellent grandmother to his kids. I sent her a birthday card in March and just ordered her Mother's Day flowers today cuz I knew he wouldn't. It just killed me to know that a mother was going to be ignored by her son on Mother's Day. I'm sure I don't know the entire situation and I don't want to be pushy but I would really like to see him establish a relationship with his mom again. He talks to his father - and he's a HORRIBLE man!!!!

Angie

Walking for Multiple Sclerosis tomorrow morning (MS Walk). I am our team captain; I think there will only be 5 of us walking, but it will be fun.

My DH is gone, so the rest of the weekend I can do whatever I want. Trying to figure out a way to get to NJ in July!!!! I'm a LONG ways away!!!

Get up at my normal weekday hour tomorrow, racewalking workout, get to work by 9:30 for a project I have to be there for--though at least I should be done by noon. Then BF (who is coming to work with me and will hang out) and I are going to get sushi at a place near work I've been wanting to try. Go to the farmer's market, probably the bookstore, then limp home in the afternoon and waste too much time on here reading instead of tackling the sweater I'm trying to finish knitting by mid-June.

Sunday: ballet class, swimming, brunch, meet friend after brunch and walk all over town with her most likely, come home, do GS chest and triceps. Eat dinner. Collapse in front of tv and put off knitting again. Oh, and clean the apt sometime in there...don't know when.

I love being so busy (with workouts) on the weekends that I am dead tired.

Saturday dog show: conformation with one dog; agility with the other

Sunday: taking mom to early diner

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.