Week of Jan 25th TTC/ Miscarriage Support

Just a quick note---need to get some family time in. ;)

Bethany~~ I recommend to my patients that they have their wee-ones clothes their eye---then put the drops in the inside corner of their eyes. When he opens his eyes--the drops will go right in.... HOpe it works.

Bethany- I'm sorry you guys are so sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon. It has to be hard to take care of your little one and DH when all you want is to be taken care of.

Susan- I work in social work but I still never really enjoyed sociology. I majored in psychology so I can't be of any help. I racked my brain to help you with your question and nothing is coming to mind. On that note....good luck! :)

I baked some stuffed peppers tonight and boy are they good! I did Slow and Heavy Biceps and Triceps tonight. I love that workout because it forces me to lift heavier, especially on my biceps which could use some more umph!

Newbie here

Hello everyone,

My name is Priscilla and I am 34y/o trying to conceive for the first time. I am the one that posted the thread What went wrong?????? a couple of days ago. I waited until now to conceive mainly because I was in college and just graduated last Nov. Now, that that is out of the way, I am working and ready to have my 1st baby. I don't know much about my cycle. I only know that I am pretty regular, having cycles of 30-32 days. Other than that, I don't know how long is my luteal phase, how to check cervical mucuos properly or where exactly I ovulate. I started my period on Jan 26th (around 6 pm, so I don't know if I should say the 27th instead since I did not have a heavy flow on the 26th) My period before that started on Dec 27th and Nov 27th. I am cosidering getting the Clear Blue Ovulation kit to start teasting as soon as I am done with my period. I have been reading so much lately about all this and I am afraid that my luteal phase may not be long enough. Also, I want to buy the book they recommended me on my original post.
Sorry for the long post
I wish you all the best and a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Hi Priscilla and welcome! This is the place to be if you are TTC! We all use different methods on here so you will learn alot! I think Melanie is using the ovulation kit this month also so she may be able to answer any questions you may have. I temp and track CM so if you are interested in that also, I can try to answer questions although I still get confused about all of it myself! :)

Still no AF and still no sign of her. WTH!!???? If I O'd then my period should have no trouble showing up right? I can understand if I didn't O but I have such a clear thermal shift that it is obvious. I'm definitely not testing today because it was the 13th day when I tested last time and well...you ladies understand. New cycle, new testing day, enough said. :) I have had some tugging and pulling on my left side which I had before my last BFP but.....I still honestly don't see how I could be. Oh well.....I'm really edgy and irritable today too. I need a nice long run to clear my head. I think I am just frustrated with my body right now. Thanks for letting me vent...I have a lot of meetings today at work and I need to NOT be edgy.

Hang in there Jen!!! Enjoy your run and clean your mind.
I am still af crampy and tingly boobs. AF sings for me. I feel like I could start today..Im that crampy.
My eating has been great for me this week. Im off to do a Spinerval.
Moring Melanie, Bethany and WELCOME Pricilla!!!

I JUST BOOKED OUR DISNEY TRIP FOR MARCH 1ST!!!!!

Okay, I just wanted to get that good news out there. We had such a tough year (2007), I'm so excited to take my family to a much earned trip.

Today is day 14 of my cycle. My ovulation meter has not shown FSH yet----and I'm getting concerned (I know that day 14 is just textbook date for ovulation). What if I'm not ovulating?!?!?!?!??! Urgh! That sure would put a twist on things. Soooooooo, should I jump DH tonight,.....or wait for tomorrow?!?!? I'd do both....but I'm afraid I'm wearing him down!!!

I'm off to workout...

Melanie-Great about Disney!! We went last March and had a blast!!
If you think dh will get worn out I would wait. Or do it tonight and then skip a night.

Jen-any sign of af? Either way at least you'll know whats going on. If af arrives you'll have a fresh start and can get down to ttc again. If you are preg..yippeeeee!!!!

Bethany-are you guys feeling better?

Melanie- Hooray for Disney! March should be a nice time of the year for Florida. It's usually warm but not too hot yet. It's just the humidity here that kills everyone. Try not stress about your ovulation either. One month I stressed so much about when I was going to O that I didn't O til CD 30. I usually O around CD 17 or 18 so you may not be too far off. Do you have EWCM? We did every other day during my fertile time and caught the eggie with just one time. I didn't want to wear my DH out either.

Susan- I tested earlier at work today ( I know, I said I wouldn't) and it was a BFN. I am late by my body standards but technically I still have 5 more days. I'm only on 13 DPO so its still early for either AF or BFP. I got my BFP last time on 13 DPO so I thought I might this time. Still no signs though...or nothing clear. No sore bbs or cramps. This is His way of teaching me to be patient. I guess I can join the "Waiting on AF Club" with Bethany. :)

Bethany- How are you guys feeling?

Tonight was CC V4. I couldn't finish the last challenge. I only missed the last hill and sprint because I started to feel a twinge in my back and that usually means I have overdone it this week. But I liked V4 and I think I will do it again soon to finish the last part of challenge 3 just to prove to myself that I can.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!
Well, today is the second day of my period and I'll buy a couple of Clear Blue OV. kits for this month and try that out. I'm not that great testing temperature or CM. Let's see what happens.
Today I ran to itread 11/40, but I am so sore from High Step Training a couple of days ago
Got to go,
Priscila

Yay for Disney!!! That sounds like a great time. Melanie, I'm with Jen on that you may just be ovulating later than when you're expecting. The kit sounds revealing, hopefully you'll learn more about what's happening with your body while using it.

Jen, awwww man, you had us so excited;);). So it could be too early for your BFP or your cycles are off from your m/c? If I was a betting woman though, I'd say that you'll get your period again loooong before I do.:) WTG on CCV4, I did V1 tonight with Coremax3 and it was better than I expected after barely moving and not eating for the last 2 days. My knee did so-so, I'm sitting here icing it as I write this.

We're all doing better, thanks everyone for asking. So I had this AWFUL dream last night that my cousin (who doesn't have kids) accidently dropped her baby off this balcony and I saw the baby slipping but couldn't get there in time to catch her. OMG I woke up with tears in my eyes. I told someone about my dream today and they said it could be a sign of feeling helpless...and I think that's true! I was/am feeling helpless about Taylor being so sick, my knee not getting better, and not being able to menstruate!!!

Welcome Priscila - I hope the Clear Blue kit works well for you!!

Susan - high 5 on the clean eating! The sociology class sounds tough. I don't envy you. I think you're topic of Motherhood over 40 sounds interesting though.

Hoping to be able to raise my hand tonight, Melanie!;)

Welcome, Prescilla. :) I think I forgot to say that with all the Disney excitement. I find ovulation kits difficult to read...a fellow Catheite sent me her digital high-tech one...that it idiot proof!!

Today I did In the Ring---haven't done it in a while, it was fun.

I still haven't decided if I will jump DH tonight. I had some slight pain on left side today....right away I think it was ovulation.

No Egg White CM now...and not sure if I ever really get that...slippery clear fluid is what I always interpreted as ovulation for me,...it's hardly ever "stretchy".....but trust me, I'M LOOKING FOR IT!!!!!

Bethany, everyone feeling better?

Susan, I"m still crossing my fingers for you.

Jen, (hugs)(hugs) on BFN. At least now you know, and you can move on to next cycle. It may take a few to normalize. :)

Tomorrow i"m back to work. Have a good day!

Ovulation still shows no peak at day 15. This is curious, b/c my cycles are 26-28 days long....rather short comparatively speaking.

My CM seems so much drier in AM when I wake up, then seems to increase throughout the day, and wane again around bedtime. Anyone experience this?

Well, I'm off to work!

Morning!
Melanie-thats so strang that you have not ovulated yet. I am not familar with the ovul kits. Could you of O'd earlier than you thought? or have you been checking for more than just a few days?
Bethany-glad you are better. I had a freaky dream last night. We got new neighbors and they have lions and tigers that they let roam. I was scared to take my dog out and dh got made at me. He was like oh they wont hurt you. haha. Wierd.

I still have an achy back. bb's are getting lumpier. Af is not due til next so I have waiting to do. I have a drawn out pms..so not getting hopes up at all.
Hi to Jen and Pricalla!!

Hey its not over for me until AF shows! But as I have said before, I really doubt that I am. I can't wait a few cycles! Only one! :)

Melanie- My CM seemed to do the same thing; drier in AM more in afternoon and drier in PM. That's why I would drive home on my lunch breaks! ;) Mine was never super stretchy until I took Robitussin. If this isn't my BFP cycle then I bought a generic brand of Mucinex to improve my CM. I got my BFP the cycle I took Robitussin. Speaking of your short cycles, I wonder if you have a short LP. Maybe you O later than you think and have a shorter LP.

Bethany- I am glad that you guys are feeling better and that you were able to run. That's impressive! I don't think I would feel up to running so soon after being slammed with what you guys had. I usually use it as an excuse NOT to do anything. :) You go girl! I hope the ice helped your knee! That's interesting about the dream and the feeling helpless....sounds like it could fit.

Hi Priscilla and Susan! Fingers are still crossed for you too Susan!

Interesting about the Robitussin! It does sound familiar, maybe it was mentioned in TCOYF or something. This will probably be TMI, but I have stretchy, slippery CF almost every day:eek: (pretty much since I stopped nursing - and before that I was D-R-Y) So many times it gives me false hope like I HAVE to be ovulating based on my CF...but nope. Then I think: "could I have PCOS??!", or is this just my body trying to ovulate but not quite making it over that threshold? Our bodies are fascinating but there's so much we don't know about them!

Susan and Jen, there's still hope for you yet!

Priscila, did you decide to order/get the Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF) book yet? How are things going?

Melanie, the little video clips you post of your kids are fun to watch. Is a Minnesota accent similar at all to a Wisconsin accent (bc that's what you sound like - very cool:D) No peak yet??

PS: Whohoo, my 100th post, I'm officially a Catheite! That's what I'll tell DH to call me when he gets home, haha

HI!
Bethany is PCOS polycystic ovarain syndrome? I had that years before I had dd. Dr's told me I would NOT get pregnant on my own. Since I had dd and stopped nursing my periods have been right on timefor 8 years. Before I would go months with af.

DH and I have deciced this is my last try at ttc. We are ready to move on. Iam 42,dh is 46,I start school in August etc etc etc. We do not like where we are living so me going to school gives us an out. I am just spent! So as of now Im offcially out of the ttc game. I will be checking on you guys though of course. Im expecting some bfp real soon!!!!!
dd is at dance so I better get dinner cooking and then go get her. bbl

HI Bethany, Susan and Melanie ( I hope I'm not forgetting anyone)
Well, I am still in my period (3rd day). AHHHHHHH

Bethany- I haven't gotten the book yet but I do want to get it next month. I'll be using the Clear Blue Digital Kit (moron proof you know)

Melanie- How many days after my period ends should I start testing with the Ovulation kit? and How did it go with the kit someone borrowed you?

Susan- I'll be crossing my finger for you too!!

Well, no workout for me today. I'm feeling light headed and sore STILL

I have never been to a OB GYN before, never in my life!. I wanted to make an appointment a week ago (suspecting I was preggo) but they told me to wait until my period was due.
I am so afraid....
Do you think is less unconfortable a female doctor than a male doctor??

Pricilla-you have never had a pap smear or just never been to a gyn?
I had always had a male dr but when I got preg in Oct of 07 I decided to try a female dr. I DID NOT LIKE IT! It might have just been her, but I was more uncomfortalbe with her than I was a male. She always had her running clothes on and acting like she had something better to do. Since then I changed to the best male dr. Hes great. I guess its personal choice.
Don't be afraid. Exams just last a mintue and arent that bad!

I do have some Mucinex---but I can't swallow them b/c they are so bitter & big. The liquid stuff is just too nasty. I could try it again though.

I've been testing my FSH since day 5 of my cycle. :confused: So, for 10 days. I didn't "reset" my tester when I got it & it has a "memory" from previous user...this might be putting test off. I might try to jump DH tonight, just in case.

Precilla--I believe you normally begin testing FSH hormone around day 10?...most people ovulate around day 14---with day 1 being your first day of menses.

Bethany---to funny that you think I have an accent!!! That must be what Susan meant when she said I sound just like she thought I would. :p:p My accent is pretty "Canadian" as we live so close to the border. BTW, did you get your ob/gyn appt?

BBL....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.