Week of Jan 25th TTC/ Miscarriage Support

Morning!
My Nana died late yesterday so Im a little down today..buttt..she was 92 and was kicking strong until just 2 weeks ago. Im so thankful she did not suffer. She just went to sleep. My aunt and cousin were there with her. I am very fond memories of her that I will have forever. She is being cremated so after that is taken care of we will be going to Jacksonville for the memorial service. It will be nice to see family that I havent seen since I was a kid too.
Just got done with Squeeze. Its seems so easy then the next day I can't lift my arms. I wish there was more standing legs though. I got the Lower Body Challenge..havent done it yet.
I definetly do not feel pregnant. I have always been able to tell. I am fine with it and ready to move on. I was blessed with the BEST dd in the world and that was all I was meant to have. So I am happy! There are so many women not fortunate to have ONE..so I feel privledged.
Ok..Im off to clean the house and pack for our trip to Mississippi to get the rest of the stuff out of our house.
Have a great day! Smile and be thankful!

Susan! (hugs)(hugs) about your grandma. :( That sucks....even if they did live a full life. Yes, you do have a wonderful DD & I have 3 amazing DSs. We are very fortunate. I feel guilty for wanting more.

Day 16 of my cycle. Ovulation shows no peak FSH yet. I did not "reset" the meter when I received it....and it has "memory"...it might be off from other user. I went ahead and cleared it. I'll use it again next month. Clomid can cause strange readings too....the meter shows both estrogen AND FSH...my estrogen levels are much higher on Clomid. In short, it is possible that I conceived (and already ovulated). I'm not holding my breathe though. I will talk with my dr about Femara for next cycle. I've heard that women have very good CM quality on this.....since mine isn't really stretchy. :confused:

Hi Susan! I am sorry to hear about your grandma. It's hard when loved ones pass away. My grandfather is in the hospital right now (he's 90) and my family doesn't think he will make it much longer either. Nothing specifically but just his body shutting down. ((( Hugs ))) to you and your family.

Melanie-I hope you caught the eggie this month! How ironic would that be if after all the BDing you did and you caught it.??? :)

Alright Bethany I guess I am joining your club. I have officially lost AF. I have ABSOLUTELY no symptoms of anything, BFP or AF. My temps are still up although not as high. I will buy another test this weekend and take it but I still doubt that I am. I just don't understand my cycle. I clearly O'd so that means that AF HAS to come eventually. I thought if you didn't O is when there is no AF. Am I missing something???? I am getting really frustrated because I really wanted to TTC for real this time next month and I am getting a sinking feeling that my cycle is going to be thrown WAY off now because of the m/c. Then I start to get angry because of the m/c. It's turning into one vicious cycle. The only thing that keeps me going is working out because then I figure I will have one banging body before I get pregnant! ;) Thanks for letting me vent a little! I don't want to stress DH out with all of this because he is still frustrated with his back right now.

Hi to everyone else! I did my own mosh posh of CC's last night and it was so fun. I ended up running 3.5 miles which is a first for me. I was very proud of myself. Our agency is putting on a 5K in May to raise money for our agency and I think I am going to start training for that to give me something to do while waiting for AF to show. Anyone have any ideas for some good tracks from CC to train for a 5K for? I figured I would have to sit down and go through the tracks or maybe I will email Coach Sean.

Sorry so long......

Susan, so sorry to hear about your Nana. Hugs to you and Jen too.

Jen, if you ovulate and AF doesn't come it almost certainly means you're pregnant - and I'm paraphrasing TCOYF! I'd test again, definitely. My guess about the CC tracks for the 5K training would be to concentrate on the sprints, though the hills are nice for building strength... Runnersworld.com has great training schedules but of course they don't utilize CC!:p

My OB appt is this MONDAY. It's like I'm counting down for Christmas I've been looking forward to this for so long. Basically I want to know what's going on with my body. Is it too pushy to ask for certain blood tests? I'd like to know about my thyroid and hormone levels and whatever an "infertility workup" is. My mom and grandma went thru early menopause in their 30's and they were diagnosed with thyroid and bone density issues in their 30's as well. Melanie and Susan - what should i ask/excpect from this appt? I have a feeling it'll be really short, it's slotted for 15 min I think. I'm just so afraid that I'll just to told to be patient and to come back in a year if I don't get my period yet. I've had one period since May 2007!!

I did test again this morning and it was BFN. I found alot of stuff on the internet about periods not returning for 6-8 weeks after you stop bleeding and this would be the end of the sixth week so if nothing happens in two more weeks then I will call my doc. I guess I shouldn't complain but I hate not knowing when she's gonna show up!

Good luck at the doctor Bethany! I hope they give you more time than that!

Well I did a mosh posh today of shoulder, back and chest work and then BC abs twice as someone on the open forum suggested. We will see just how sore my abs are. :)

Bethany~ yeah on your appt! This is your first step. I'm thinking they will do a full blood work up---then start you on progesterone to help jump start your periods. Once your AF returns, you can either wait for a BFP or start on Clomid or similair med if you want.

Jen~ sorry about the BFN. My first period came exactly 28 days post D&C. Everyone is different though. My periods were strange too----the first one lasted about 16 days on/off. Then day 28, I got another period....and they've slowly have become normal. They were so emotional though....marking the monthly anniversary of my D&C...month after month after month. :( I'm doing so much better now. I do hope I get pg really soon though.

Susan~ more hugs, girlie!

It has been emotional for me this weekend. I've been real down about everything because of this. I just hate not knowing and waiting. Then I get angry because if it never would have happened then I wouldn't be here now going through this. I don't know why but I can't shake it this time. Hopefully once AF returns I will be more hopeful but for right now, I'm not. But thanks to you guys for the support. DH and I talked a little bit too so he can at least understand why I've been acting all sad and icky. :)

So doing BC abs twice makes your whole core area very sore but I love it. I think I am going to do Cathe's ab workouts twice through when I have an ab day and see what happens. Sometimes I think I just don't do enough ab work.

Anywhoo- off to grocery shop and buy some clean food. I'm making some "fried" chicken tonight. It's a recipe that was in this month's Clean Eating mag.

Have a great day ladies!

Jen, your emotions & feelings are normal. I felt the same way for a very long time. Part of my emotions is the failure to become pg after my m/c. I was so sure that I'd become pg before my due date. (I guess God has different plans,....I wish He'd let me in on them b/c I feel abadoned sometimes). It's almost as if my body is failing me twice.

Anger is not only an appropriate emotion for loss, but part of the healing process. So.......... let it out, girlfriend! We're here for you. :)

Jen, it must be so tough not knowing what's going on right now. For me, it helps to have a plan, like how you said you'll call the doc if you don't get a period in 2 weeks. At least that way I don't feel so hopeless and helpless. More than anything, it's the uncertainty of what's going on with my body that's killing me. Ooo, doing BC abs twice through sounds tough! I don't particularly enjoy ab work, though if I do all 3 Core Max's each week (which I've done lately except when I was sick) I never fail to see more definition in my abs. Hope the "fried" chicken turns out well tonight!

Melanie, that's so strange about your readings. Doesn't Clomid throw off the readings? How is Femara different? To be honest, I'd be a little afraid to take Clomid at this point...more from the side effects than anything...the hot flashes and weight gain don't sound like fun! I'll ask the doc what a "reasonable" time frame is for my cycles to become regular again and then go from there. I guess I'm feeling more pressured due to the h/o early menopause from my mom and grandma.

Susan, isn't AF due soon? Any more signs of AF or pregnancy??

Bethany, I didn't know you had h/o early menopause? How early is early? Clomid isn't that bad,...and if I'm able to conceive with it,...it'll totally be worth it. :)

Hey girls,
We are back from MISS. We find out our closing date tomorrow. I can't wait til its totally official.
AF is due Thursday. Still just crampy and sore bb's. I do not feel pregant...this just feels like regular pms. I will keep you posted though.
I am on a sugar crash. I ate nearly a bag of mini recees on the way home..I feel yucky!
Hi to everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.