week of 4/20 checkin

Hi Everyone!! I havent been on here in forever and just saw that Jess is getting induced.
Yay, Jess!! :) I cant wait to hear of Liam's arrival as well. It is funny becuase my firend is in the hospital tomorrow as well to get induced to bring her baby girl into the world :)

Sorry to read about all thet swelling and blurry vision. I can definately relate to all that swelling, i was like a beached whale!

Clarissa, does your baby like a swing? When i want to workout i put Eva in her swing and she will sit there for an hour or two, just looking at things or taking a nap. She always lets me get an hour or 90 mins in. Soemtimes she will stay asleep for a lot longer but i dont want to leave her in tehre too long.

Skyy and Tana, nice to see you again!
Hello to Sweetpea and PennStater

Laura, you are getting close now too. I've been such a stranger to these boards!

Im doing well, Eva is already 8 weeks old. I have to return to work in four weeks and i cry all the time. I really do not want to leave her and I do not want to go back to the old job :( Its the only thing causing pp depression.

Eva goes to the dr next week to get her vaccinations...im gonna cry for her and i hope she does ok!

I have not been working out much - one to three times a week but i dont really care. The pregnancy weight was gone within two weeks and im back to my normal weight, give or take a couple pounds. Im just enjoying my time with Eva. I cherish every moment, i LOVE being a mommy!

I will post a pic soon of little eva

Take care everyone and good luck jess!!!

It is so great, huh Jen?

Yes, baby Brody goes in his swing - not a favorite of his. He loves his bouncer - it buzzes his butt! This is the thing, he will nap for hours - but I honestly think that he doesn't like Cathe's voice. LOL! He must recognize it from pregnancy and how hard I worked while he was inside of me. Everytime I put her on he cries within minutes! Spongebob, Dr. Phil, Jon and Kate, etc, are on the TV all day long and he is just fine but...Cathe comes on - WAAAAAA!!!

:) Clarissa

Clarissa -thats funny about cathe ha.

Jen -yeah my feet look just awful tonight. I hope it goes away after hes born real quick like ha. I'm getting last minute stuff together.

UGH am I nervous!

Good luck!

Good luck, Jess, and everyone!

This week I hit 18 weeks for my first child. It's amazing the sudden changes. It's like boom--suddenly I look and feel pregnant. And suddenly I can feel these tiny little bubbles, and I realized that's the baby! Can't wait for the sonogram later this week.

Workouts only last 20-30 minutes, but I feel much better after I do them (I can't believe I used to be able to do 90 minutes of Cathe no problem and sometimes I worked out twice a day!). Some days I'm just too tired in the evenings to exercise, so I've decided not to feel bad if I can only do a little at a time. I've also decided not to feel bad if I have a little ice cream (yesterday it was Ben and Jerry's chocolate therapy!) every now and then (OK so that's really a few times a week but whose counting--maybe it's a sign that STS Cardio is scheduled to be delivered right after the baby is born. Looks like I'll need it!).

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.

Take care!
Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.