Week of 3/2 Pregnancy Check-in

Clarissa -thanks. well I didn't show the ones I'm too self concious about. Believe me I got the chub in the cheeks/neck going on too. ugh. It is wierd though cause when I look in the mirror I just don't see it. I even tried to make it do that haha. Cameras don't lie though. ugh. I also noticed I have some crows feet going on and wrinkles. eek. But I also know how to photoshop a pic and make me look "better" than I do. ;) I post processed these she burned them after the session to a disk for me. Oh and I'm 32 weeks. I've also gained more weight than you from your previous posts. ugh.

Hi everyone!!

First... Jess... Your pictures are beautiful!!

Well.... Annissa is here!!! I posted some pics in an new thread. The morning started out confusing. The hospital called 2 hours before I was to come in and told me not to come in. I was being placed on hold.... I said okay and when back to sleep. Then and hour later they called back and told me to come in as fast as I could, I was no longer on Hold.... I said okay.. and rushed to get to the hospital. My doctor arrived 1 hour later and started the pitcoin. The pain was'nt too bad. Hubby and I just talked and watched T.V. Then they kept increasing the doseage of the pitcoin and the pain was getting uncomfortable... but still no too bad.

But.... as I got to 6.5 cm; I told them that enough was enough... give me some drugs.... after that... everything was good. Anna came @ 3:55 p.m. She is so cute. I still can't believe that she is ours!!!

Well.. I am doing good and Anna is doing good. I still have this I.V in my hand. They will not take it out until I go to the bathroom.... After 7 hours... I still can't go to the bathroom!!! what's up with that?

Anyway..... Clarissa..... you're up next~~~
Good night,

I don't know what is w/ the IV. Do they mean urinate? Because, WOW, I was peeing like crazy after my babies. So fast that they had 2 bed pans overflowing for me. The second baby they put in a catheter and they had to keep changing that too! So I was the complete opposite! Again, Skyy, she is so beautiful! I already saw the pics on the other thread.

Clarissa

Jess-your pics are awesome! I think you look beautiful!

Skyy--Yeah! I'm going over to the other forum now to see them.

Thanks Laura! :)

Morning ladies. Aww man I'm so happy for Jen, Tana and Skyy but we just lost half our checkin haha. Clarissa your really soon too. ugh! haha. its ok. Laura and I will catch up but it may be more quiet around here soon. I bet we have some lurkers that should start posting! :)

I have a really busy day so I'll be back on later.

Jess--you bet I'll be here with you! I'm sure we'll have some lurkers. But knowing our conversations, there won't be a problem with keeping up the topics. ;) In fact, we're about a week apart. Hey, wouldn't it be great if we ended up delivering on the same day!

Thanks Laura! :)

Morning ladies. Aww man I'm so happy for Jen, Tana and Skyy but we just lost half our checkin haha. Clarissa your really soon too. ugh! haha. its ok. Laura and I will catch up but it may be more quiet around here soon. I bet we have some lurkers that should start posting! :)

I have a really busy day so I'll be back on later.

I'd like to know why some women hold onto their babies longer than others, even if they are active. Who are these women who get to have their babies on-time or a week early? Because if this third baby is late too, I will freak out! I am so uncomfortable. And eager of c ourse. UGH! I was 2 weeks late w/ my first (15 days actually and dr inducted at 14 days) and a few days w/ my 2nd. COME ON! I feel like I am going to pop.

And yet again, my clients are hounding me, pressuring me to have him. ("still nothing, Clarissa?" "cant you get induced Clarissa?" "thought you were supposed to have him early...") One asked me on Monday on the phone if she could start coming back when April starts. AND here is the kicker...she wants her original time back (4:35 am, three times per week) Um, huh??? I could just cry.

Clarissa,

I don't have and answer about why women hold onto their babies longer than others. Sorry.

Unreal about your clients. I cannot believe that. I hate to even write this, but I would drop them like a bad habit as it really seems like they are only about themselves. Have you laid down "the law" about what time you're willing to meet after the baby is born? If not, then it's kind of like "teaching them how to treat you." I've turned down three new potential clients in the past week telling people I'm not taking on anyone else. And, in the last two days I've told current clients, who haven't "scheduled out" that I'm not rescheduling them--even though I'm only 31+ weeks and their appts. expire in late March, I refuse to reschedule them in April or May. I just have to preserve my sanity.

They are just so obsessed. Not all, remember, but a few. I mean, I gave them all their sheets for free and give free advice daily to at least someone via email or phone. It is getting old. They say literally "i neeeeed you". People just can't take responsibility for themselves at all.
Did I mention that one time about 2 weeks ago my client (the 430 am lady) asked how my kids were. I said they were excited. She said "well not as excited as I am to get you back once you have him". What a freak. Here is the problem, if you want to call it that...she buys me things. Little things. Like even crayons for my kids and toys for my kitten. And fuzzy socks for me. Just little things. And she makes me meals, two times. Once a homemade spaghetti meal and once homemade noodle soup. Without asking/telling me first .She just drops by and brings the food and there is nothing I can do. So, then I swear she does it on purpose so I will feel bad and will give her what she wants in return. Besides, you know I can't be mean anyway. She is driving me crazy. There are days she calls and I don't answer the phone purposely. If I don't call her back in like 2 hours, she calls again and says on the machine that she will call the hospital to see if I am there. So then I am like UGH UGH UGH, I have to call her.

Good grief.

Wow. It sounds as if she also "likes" you--I have clients who really like me. Yes, this does sound manipulative. What if you're training another client? Does she expect you to stop training that person? There is absolutely NO excuse for someone stopping by another person's house unannounced. There is something you can do--lay down the boundaries! I know this might be extremely difficult, but if you're with your children/spouse enjoying your time at home, that's YOUR time. Not your clients. She pays you for your time for one hour (more or less), not to spend time out of the "office" in this regard. I have a client who gives me her "skinny" clothes. I accept them since I'm the youngest of six children and love thrift stores. However, I never give her a free session. Plus, she's the same type of client who "forgets" her coupons and I've showed up at the gym telling her if she doesn't have her coupon that I can't train her for that day.

I feel really bad for you. One of the things that I've told all of my clients is that (and this isn't good for business), but my goal is that my clients eventually don't need me. I want to teach and empower them to learn how to train themselves. That being said, I have clients who I've trained for three years! LOL!!!

Yes! That is what I want too. Empowering. I don't want them to rely on me for years. It gets old and then I never have any open spaces for new clients. And that's the truth. I would like to pick up some newbies when I come back because I have gotten some calls and have a wait list but these former clients are holding out for me. AND not working out meanwhile.

She even called me once at 4 am months ago (yes I was prego then) and said "clarissa, I know it is my day off but I am up and ready! Can you take me?" I only answered the phone b/c who wouldn't at 4am? You immediately think a relative died. I was pissed to the max when it was her asking me that. I told her no, that it was my day to sleep in and that I wasn't ready for her, program-wise. I have "hated" her ever since. SHe was sort of tantrumous about it too, like I was lazy for not taking her that one morning. Any other business would not have even been open at that time but she called me b/c it was my HOME and she knew I would be there. What if she had awaken my kids for no good reason? GRRRRRR. I can't wait for her call today to see if I have 'had the baby yet'....not to mention a few others...GRRRRRR again....

Clarissa -wow what a headache. I know that photographers sometimes get some clients that are manipulative or cause them too many headaches. They sometimes tell the client they are not a fit for them and send them away. They call it "firing the client" though ha. You really do have to set your foot down. Tell them it will be atleast till such and such a date maybe later till you can work with them again so until then you are not available. I'd be polite as possible but don't budge and focus on you and your baby coming. hugs. Seriously even asking if you could get induced to help THEM is extremely selfish if you ask me. Seems like you've almost been TOO nice bending over backwards to help them and they are taking advantage of you.

ITA. You might need to "fire the client" which I have done in the past. It's painful considering the $$$, but I finally realized what was the cost versus benefit of training someone. If she's calling you at 4am, what is the benefit to YOU! I always keep that in mind. Yes, there are days that I'm not emotionally available to train a client, but overall, if I really don't enjoy the time I spend with a client, it's just not worth it.

Sorry to the rest of you if theis has turned into a personal training forum. I didn't intend this to be that way. Jess is right, if you tell her you won't be available until XXX date and she doesn't like it, TFB.

"firing the client" Tell them it will be atleast till such and such a date maybe later till you can work with them again so until then you are not available. I'd be polite as possible but don't budge and focus on you and your baby coming. hugs. Seriously even asking if you could get induced to help THEM is extremely selfish if you ask me. Seems like you've almost been TOO nice bending over backwards to help them and they are taking advantage of you.

hello everyone. I'm SO tired today. I didn't forget the time change and even went to bed early but didn't sleep well. I feel like I'm in a fog today. ugh. got a small headache too. Hope everyone else feels ok.

hi everyone
just popping in to say hello real quick :) i havent been checking in on any forum, my little peapod keeps me uquite busy
eva went to church for the first time today and did very well. she is getting baptized this month :) My mom is flying in this week to meet her, im excited. i havent seen my mom since october and she is looking forward to meeting her first grand daughter. so we will have a very busy week

my DH and I went to do our taxes friday and they turned us away! they said we will mos likely owe a lot :( and to find an 'experienced' accountant :( so i'm dreading the results. i have no money and we have a lot of financial woes..this is the last thing i need to hear. it will wipe out the rest of my savings, which i was going to use while on matrenity leave since its not paid. i'll be so upset if i have to return to work early. i'm in no condition to return to my job anyway, and i cant bear to leave my baby. im going to have such a hard time. i cante ven stand to be in a different room from her. she's just so snuggly

breastfeeding got a lot better.the intial latch on still hurts like heck for a few seconds and my nipples have been thru the wringer but she seems satisified

i must have taken like 300 pics of her , if anyone wants to see some more, let m know :)

hope you are all doing well!

Jen - of course we'd love to see more pics! I will probably bombard everyone when my lil one is here too. ;) sorry about the taxes. ugh. I hope it isn't as bad as they say.

Oy my headache is much worse. I'm wearing an icepack. just refreshing the page and going back to lay down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.