Week of 2/16 Pregnancy Check in

Well I just got back from the Dr. I have the massage in about 45 minutes so I had time to kill for a bit. I am almost 2 cm dilated!! WOo hoo! Not that it means anything...I could sit like this for weeks. I am up about 20 lbs from the beginning or so. With so much bathroom problems the last 10 days, I am not surprised I didn't "gain" more recently. I can't hold anything down lately. Anyway, my dr is going away this weekend....sooooo, I can't believe I am saying this but I hope I don't go this weekend. I need MY doctor. Besides, I am only 37 weeks tomorrow and the longer the baby bakes, the better, I am told. Hope you all have a great weekend!
, Clarissa

im back from my appoitnment too, after sitting in the parking lot crying like a baby

sigh...they told me its very possible i could have a 2 to 3 DAY induction! i did nto even know they were more than a day long process. my friend got induced for a couple horus and said it was hell. so why do i have to go for days?!?! Im so upset. She was doing the pelvic exam and it really hurt and she could not break thru the cervix. she was trying to manipulate it i guess. she said its the size of a dimple and i've made zero progress at all and im over 40 weeks now

she said the induction could start labor or it could end in a c section. im devastated. i do not want a c section :( this really ruined my day. i mean i was expecting to hear i did not dilate but i wasnt really expecting to get all that news. On wed i have to do an ultrasound and stress test (my first time doing a stress test). They could very well take me wednesady to get induced if the baby has to come out. Or she said i might be able to start that weekend or come in sunday nite. it all depends o what happens

what are my chances of labor starting before then if im not even dilated??? It doesnt look good :( and im just upsetting myself again...my dh is sleeping and i just got home but i think i need to wake him up.

i just want a natural birth and i feel like such a failure. i know its not in my control but its really upsetting to me. she said have lots of sex and also try putting primrose oil caplets up there?? anyone ever heard of that? Its supposedly supposed to soften the cervix..im not too keen on sticking things up there tho...

so thats the latest news, i ruined my friday :( sorry to complain..

Oh, well I completely understand. I am soooo sorry you are sad. I would be too, so I am not going to deny it. I was 15 days late with my 1st. I was induced but I never heard of this crap about 3 days. What the heck is that all about? I will keep you in my prayers that you do not need a c-section. That is my #1 fear and I just pray that you don't need it, and that I do not either. Cuz I think about it every day... I don't know about the primrose, I just read about it online. Try sex, try walking, try eating spicy foods (do NOT drink that castor oil though!). Try natural accupressure. Google it... There are 3 spots you can squeeze on your own body to help apparently. My massage therapist was just telling me about it during my appt today. Try nipple stimulation. Just don't give up.

I'll check back in on you later. Try to cheer yourself up. Have some chocolate pudding with me!

C

Jen.. sorry about your appointment. Maybe you will have some activitiy over the weekend, then you won't have the C-section.

Clarissa... Hope that you wait on your doctor to get back. My doctor is so funny. She wants to make sure that I call her first before going to the hospital. too funny.

Laura... people say the darnest things. I don't let you all know what one of my female co-workers said to me a few weeks ago because it so negative. I am still trying to get over it.

Hi Jess.. How are you doing this weekend?

Tana.. you and I will probably be in the hospital at the same time. My belly is getting bigger and bigger, I am just wondering when it will drop alittle. The baby is still very high.

Well.... I will check in later,

hi all
i hope you are all having a good weekend
Susan, thanks for asking but nothing going on down there today :( I'm so bummed. I feel like i have this timeline now and that im not going to meet this deadline. I really really really really do NOT want a forced C section or an induction. Its really upsetting to me :( I know people get them all the time but thats just not how i want to give birth. And it will be a longer recovery for me and ugh..im just so upset.

i keep getting bad news and i had a breakdown today after getting a credit card bill. the lawyers charged the CC I told them not to use and to call first before authorizing any payments and its for the loan mod we are trying to get so we dont lose our home. so now i have to come up with 4K by early march. i just about lost it this morning

im really tired, i've spent a lot of time in tears the past two days. guess i just need to pull myself together. things just keep going downhill. i told my DH that we should have a baby in our arms by now! But she's not here either. I was hoping i'd see the baby drop or have some labor symptoms, but no.

I even worked out today. I did a turbo kick and i started meso 2 of STS. I dont know why since i'll probbaly be having a c section wed or the weekend, depening on how the stres test goes on WEd. Gave me something to do i guess...

Clarissa thanks for the choclate pudding invite :) Hope you enjoyed it. We are having pancakes from scratch for dinner with maple syrup and berry topping. I love breakfast for dinner sometimes :) I also bought a box of brownies to make, maybe tomorrow. Misery loves sweets! LOL

hi skyy, i hope youare having a nice weekend - and im sure you look just great! Its hard not to take peoples stupid comments to heart. Some people just dont think before they speak. i think we have all experienced that a few times with these pregnancies!

Hi Tana, hope you are doing ok

Jess..are you ok? Did not see u check in since Thur, but i've been out of it so i could be wrong

HI Laura :)

Ok...i'll check back in later, hope you all enjoy your saturday

Jen, I know you are stressing about c-seciton/induction. Hopefully that wont happen. The important thing is that your baby girl gets here one way or another just focus on that. I was very lucky and went into labor on my due date, but most of my friends have been inducded. Some go quickly some take a day or 2. Whatever happens you'll be just fine. Im sorry youre upset..hang in there and imagine "down and out"!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh my, Jen! I had no idea induction could take that long. I thought once they started to induce you, it would happen quickly. Yikes! I like Susan's suggestion of imagining "down and out" so I'm sending you some "down and out" vibes. = )

Just realized the time...gotta go get showered for work. I don't want to go, but it's usually easy work at the golf course. I have so many other things I need to do around here though.

Hi Jess...hope you're doing okay too.

Hi Clarissa! Hi Skyy! Hi Laura!

I'll be back later!
Tana

hi guys
happy sunday, its almost over and the weekends go by so quickly
still no action down there :( im getting discouraged and feel like i have to somehow make things happen by Wednesday but i'm not really hopeful.
just trying to keep my spirits up but its getting harder. i'm dreading a 2 day induction or whatever the heck they have planned for me. Why doesnt this baby want to come out?? She's five days late now..but i know the due date is really just a guesstimate so why are they in such a hurry to induce me?? I know the placenta is only good for a certain amount of time but still, its not an exact conception date i had so techincially she might not be late yet , right? IF their dates are off. Sigh..im just talking outloud

i have not done anything to induce myself thsi weekend. im weary about sticking primrose up there and my DH is not feeling well so not much going on in that department. I work out so i think thats like walking right? I dont walk very far, my dog is stubborn and doesnt like to go very far. Noone is cooperating!!!

anyway, i just baked brownies and tonite im making meatloaf with au gratin potatos and veggies for dinner. having pops over - i told him since tehre is very little chance i'll go into labor, i may as well cook dinner as usual :)

hope you are all having a good weekend

Jen... How did your dinner go? Brownies sounds so good right about now.

Hello to everyone else.... Jess... Haven't heard from you in a few days... how are you doing?

Laura.. How are you?

This week, I had a tour of the hospital and looked at one of the rooms that I should be in. That motivated me to finish packing my hospital bag. The only thing left is to make sure that my IPod stays charged.
Today was a good day. I spent the day rearranging the living room and two bedrooms. I didn't do too much lifting... my 15 year old was a real help today.

Hope everyone is well...

Hello all. Sorry didn't mean to make you worry. I guess it does seem odd if I don't post like 3-4x a day ;) ha. I went to visit my DHs family for the weekend. I'm home now and unpacking. I got some of my sis in laws baby stuff including this huge swing that took half the trunk.
My midwife called me back on Saturday. She said they want to see me weekly to check my platelets and also recommended a certain OB. They are kinda creeping me out just because of how concerned they are. I was trying not to get upset after she called but it stressed me out some. I'll find out more this week. I'll call tomorrow to get an appt this week.

Jen -sorry baby is taking her time. I've never heard of a three day induction.. surely they don't mean labor that whole time. Maybe its something else? I was induced with my first and he was born in like 4 1/2 hrs. I was 3 weeks early too so I'd assume not ready for labor. I also want to have labor start on its own but with the platelets looking bad they may end up inducing. I dunno I'll ask them what they think next appt. I'm sorry about the financial troubles. :(

Laura - that guy sounds like a moron. For peat sake you obviously are all belly. I don't even think I've ever met someone that was 7 1/2 mo pregnant and only gained that much. It has to be all baby and baby stuff (placenta, fluids, blood volume etc). I've gained like 25 and all I get are comments that I'm barely showing and small.. but yet I don't work in a gym. I think if someone said that I'd pop them haha. Are you sure he wasn't just kidding around being a dork?

Hi Tana, Clarissa, Skyy & Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.