Week of 2/16 Pregnancy Check in

Laura - looks like you got a lot of goodies :).

Well not the greatest appt today. My last bloodwork (from yesterday) was fine for the glucose test as expected. They also tested my blood platelets though (makes me think her order WAS in the system cause I said nothing about that when putting it back in), as to also be expected they are taking a nose dive downward. They are going to put me on high risk again. I'll not see my midwife I've seen so far anymore cause I"ll only see the OBs. I may end up on steriods and the baby could possibly be taken early (like my first son.) I am surprized really they didn't take my second son early cause they did tell me I lost too much blood after he was born. ugh. kinda bummed. I'll likely be denied meds again also. Even though I hoped I wouldn't get this again I sorta knew I would. The midwife also said it was very likely. I started out early pregnancy about 198,000. a month ago was 190,000 and now its 118,000. yep the nosedive has started. sigh! It will just continue to drop like that from here on and I've got a ways to go yet. :( I also don't want to do steriods. Doesn't that make you blow up huge??! ack! They are going to call me tomorrow to tell me the latest after they "discuss" my situation. Atleast they are keeping an eye on it. My great grandma died from that. I wonder if it was passed down to me. ? My mom said she didn't have it though. They also still watch me for preeclampsia again since I had it with my first. no signs so far though. thankfully. I'm 30 weeks and she said I was measuring 31. guess thats ok.

Last edited:
oh no jess! hugs to you!
i dont really know what all that means but im very sorry you have to go through that again. seems like its a common thing with all your pregnancies :( i hope things will turn out alright..sending positive thoughts your way!

well i did some cardio tonite after work, an hour of an amy bento high low workout. it was fun and felt good to sweat. i had to modify though. then my back hurt when i waas done lol. but at least it was better than nothing. they had chocolates lying around at work today and of course i had some!

just hanging out for the rest of the nite. i'm tired and just chillin with the doggie :)

hope you all have a good nite, see ya in the morning!

Jess, sorry to hear that your platelets took a dive. Thank goodness though they can catch it early and make adjustments for it. How early did they deliver your first son?

Jen, awesome job on the workout! I am so itching to do a workout. I'm so sore in the evenings/bedtime just by doing nothing though. = ( So I've been eyeing new videos to buy. I'd like to try someone new, but there are so many it's hard to narrow it down.

Skyy, I'm sorry too that you're sad. What a hard decision your family has had to make. Will he be in the same city/state?

Clarissa, I'm 37 weeks along. I went to the dr today and she said I measured 36 1/2 wks which she said was no big deal. She did freak me out though and asked me if I was going to have this one early. I assumed my little gal was still breech, but she's head down and ready to go. Never even thought about actually going into labor.

Laura, Wow! It looks like you're all set with baby items. We had a gymini like that with DS and he loved it!

I'm off to peruse ebay. DS wants a Bob the Builder lego set and DH told him we'd look at Target for it. Unfortunately, DH did not know that the item was from a couple of years ago and is no longer being made. Grrrrr I've found it on amazon.com, but for an obscenely outrageous price. It goes with another set I got using Pampers points and about $5 for shipping. Even on ebay, this thing is going for an inflated price. sigh....

Tana -my first son was 3 weeks early. But they almost took him very early and I went to a hospital like an hour away via ambulence at I think about 32-33 weeks. I was on pins/needles till they did finally induce cause I knew it could be anytime. They tried to let him cook as long as was wise in that situation. This pregnancy is going smoothly other than the platelets. I had pre eclampsia with my first pretty bad on top of it so that was a factor too. I'm hoping it goes ok and doesn't drop too fast so baby can come on his own.

Jen -good job on the workout. Glad you back didn't bug you till you atleast finished. I'm starting to feel like a pile of goo cause the last week or so I haven't done a thing. blah.

Tana - I didn't realize that you, Skyy and I were all about the same due date!
Jess - my friend just had a baby and she had low platelets. She couldn't have an epidural because of it for some reason. Is that the same for you? :( I truly relied on my last 2 epidurals since I am a baby about pain.
Jenn - you still here today?!
Laura - nice stuff you got! Looks all new! You look great - don't be upset at how you look or feel. It is a wonderful time right now. I do know how you feel though. I feel like I am fat in front of my husband and my clients (when they were still coming)

I am still here. I have my 36/37 week checkup tomorrow early and then I am getting a prenatal massage designed to help w my pelvic diastasis and sciatica. It sure hurts me at night, and late afternoon. All this "D" I have been having, I thought I was getting ready for early labor!! However, it seems the flu is going around and I have had it about a week now. Now my whole house has it. It is a tolerable flu as there is no vomiting (I HATE that!), but it makes you feel rotten all day and really ravenous at night.

Clarissa -Yeah I'm going to miss all you guys when you have your babies. but I'll be behind ya and joining the mommy checkin a bit later. I hope you feel better!

Gosh I have a bad headache.. all last night too. ugh. Yeah I'm likely not to get an epidural. They always deny me because of my platelets. sigh! I'm a big baby too but oh well. I have to tuff it out. I'm afraid it'll be worse being my third too.

Hi everyone.

You know.... Jen hasn't checked in this morning!!!

Tana-- My son is moving out of state. I feel way better about it today. I always give myself at the most 2 days to be blue then I pick up my bootstrings and move on. I guess I learned that from the Army. I'm sure the cycle will start all over again on Saturday.

Jess-- Sorry about your appointment. I don't know anything about platelets, but it sounds like everything is under control. After we all have the babies, maybe we can stay here until you have your baby. I don't want you to be by yourself- no fun. (if you don't mind).

Clarissa-- I never had the chance to get an epidural with my boys. I told the doctore that I was going to try having this baby naturally--except for the drugs they use to induce. Even though I've had more shots than I can even count, I am afraid of needles. I am hoping that it will not be too bad because I have not exercised this whole time!!! I heard it is rough if you don't workout.

I put a new belly pic on my blog if anyone whats to check it out. I don't think I will put anymore up because I am getting way too big!! everytime I walk pass a mirror I think---- who is that????

Have a good day ladies,

Clarissa- well I heard it could be worse the more you have. Like having more braxton hicks etc. My midwife said it is because my uterus has been stretched out and deflated twice already.. not sure how that makes you have more BH. But I also hear labors can be just as bad if not worse with later pregnancies. If you have sources that say otherwise please share! I could use a pick me up. ha.

Skyy - Yeah I noticed Jen hasn't checked in yet... hmm. Jen if your there you gotta check in. Otherwise we'll think somethings happening. ha. :) I hope it is though.
Of course I wouldn't mind. Whoever still wants to check in here I'd be glad to see them!
I think your belly pic looks great! I haven't been working out as much as I like either. I'm just tired so much. It may have to do partly with the blood platelets. fatigue and tiredness are normal with that. But I also think its just cause I'm busy with projects (distracted) and need to get moving again even if its something easy. I need to take some belly pics too. its hard to do your own though. (excuses). ha. BTW who is David Kirsch? What are his workouts like?? does he have clips of the ones you got? I've never heard of him.

Jess... David Kirsch is awesome!! He wrote: "The Ultimate New York Body Plan." To me, his workouts are close to Bootcamp type workouts- short, lots of different exercises and intense. His workouts are full body. I really like them.

You can see some of his clips at collage video. I've always liked bootcamp type workouts.

Jess - no, I don't have anything to share about the pain. I was just trying to be positive! Epidurals are great and all, but don't forget, once they are unplugged you cannot believe the pain becuase you didn't get to experience it during birth. So you are probably just better off not having one!
You will be okay!
CT

Clarissa - I thought they left the epi in till the baby was born? they don't stop it before do they?? Yeah labor is ruff... but I'll make it. I've done it twice before. ha. I am ready for baby to be here though. Although it is kinda funny seeing my belly roll all over lately. The kids get a kick out of it. ha.

Skyy - I'll have to check him out. I'm surprized I haven't heard of him if hes on collage video.

Starting to really wonder about Jen??! ;)

I'm wondering too about Jen. Hope she's doing okay (probably hugging her new little girl, right?!) = )

Skyy, you look awesome! We're 37 wks pregnant. We're supposed to be big (at least that's what I keep telling myself..hehe). I got a JC Penney baby catalog in the mail today and every time I saw something pink and brown I thought of you and baby Anna. Great color combo!

Clarissa, that stinks that you're in pain AND have the flu. How are your kids doing? Have they been able to sleep at night with the flu?

Jess, when was your last belly pic? I'm not fond of taking them, but it's fun to go back and look at them later on. DS gets such a kick out of seeing where he used to be.

Speaking of bellies, last night DS and I were talking about healthy food. I made a comment about how eating too much unhealthy food would lead to a big tummy. His comment was "like you've eaten too much and have a big tummy". I thought my DH was going to choke.

hi guys
sorry to burst your bubbles but im still here!
im really sorry i did not get to check in until almost 9pm, i've had such a looooooong busy day. i had yet another new person to train and lost my desk to him and then the internetconnection would not work for my laptop and trying tog et on the internet was a nightmare
when i finally got home i did a workout, showered and washed my dog and now here i am grabbing a bite to eat and finally catching up on my email. i did not mean to make everyone wonder about me, i'm sorry! but what else could you be thinking haha.

well..no news to report as of yet :( i see the doctor tomorrow morning so i'll see what they say. i do feel the baby moving around an awful lot but no contractions yet...

Jen - aww I saw you posted before clicking on the thread and I knew that must mean no baby yet. ;) ha.

Tana -you know. I don't know when my last belly pic was?! I think it was like 23 weeks. wow ha. I'll try to get a few this weekend. Thats funny about your sons comment hehe.

yeah...no baby yet! i kinda want to get this labor/delivery over with! im so anxious and a little scared haha.
tonite i feel like i have to pee a lot, like i have a lot of pressure - you know like when you drink a lot of water and are going to burst? I did have some water and the baby is moving around more than usual, but it doesnt look like she dropped or anything..maybe its the start of something? Then again maybe not, last week when i was on the toilet all the time and thought i lost part of my plug...and nothing happened! so who knows!!!

Have to vent

Okay, here goes.

I was training a client and another trainer (male), who was in the gym training his client came up to me and said, "What have you been eating?" Now, this man knows that I'm almost 7.5 months pregnant. Plus, he said this in front of his own, and my client. I was in shock because I'm retaining a lot of water, my belly is "out to here" and it's hard not to have control over this part of my body (I'm only up 6 lbs!!!). I'm willing to give up the control, but the fact that he equated me gaining weight with the possibility of me eating too much is absurd. People (men, especially) should not say this to women OR a pregnant woman!!! WTF?!?!? I told him that his comment was inappropriate and rude. It was all I could take to not completely lose it while I was with my client. She was in shock as well. When he was done with his client, but I was still with the same one, he came over to apologize, but really didn't "get" why he was doing so. He walked away upset, I think because I didn't accept his apology. Whatever. The horrible part about it is if he has clients who come to him asking for help to lose weight that he must think in the back of his mind that there is something "wrong" with them for overeating--it just means that they have an emotional issue that they need help with managing. I'm still really hurt by it because I'm supposed to gain weight AND it's NOT from overeating!!! I'm growing another person!

What do you think? What I should've done was the following (he's not that fit, either):

Him: "What you been eating?"
Me: "I'm 7.5 months pregnant. What's your excuse?"
;-P

Please don't minimize this by saying that he just didn't know--I want validation here! Oh! And then he told me that he "understands" because he's the father of three!!! Bite me! Try have nose bleeds, headaches, morning sickness, swollen ankles, constipation, hemorrhoids, incontinence, stretch marks, leg cramps, restless leg syndrome, back aches, and a big ol' belly--he has NO freakin' clue!!!

Okay, I'm done ranting now. My doctor's appt. last night went great. Baby looks healthy and strong. No word on the sex, and that's okay!

Jen! Darn it! I thought for sure you were in labor! :( Soon!

Laura- I wouldn't want to minimize this b/c I am the most hyper-sensitive person in the world, but him knowing that you were already so far-along pregnant, is it possible he was kidding? I would hate it if you asked me that and the situation was reversed, but I was just wondering. Most people aren't THAT blatantly rude, although some are I know... Only 6 pounds? Are you for real? How did you manage that? I am up about 17 or so now. We'll see for sure today... I go to the dr in an hour actually, then off to a prenatal massage.

I'll let you all know how my appt goes. Try to cheer up Laura! You look great! :) :) :)

Clarissa

happy friday everyone :) im off to the doctor as well - i'll let yo know if there is any good news since i'm now 2 days past due (not that those dates are an accurate science)

laura i hate when people comment on my size like that. i like when they say wow you are just all belly etc, positive comments. i've gained 40 pounds!! and its so nice to hear people say really?! you dont look it at all, its alll baby! Of course i dont know if they are being polite or if its true. in my head and in the mirror i look like a big fat cow :) but i know its really out of my control , weight gain is supposed to happena dn i do have major swelling so theres a lot of water retention wieght gain and my baby has been measuring larger than average at most appointments (again not an exact science)

aynway, i wont minimize it either becuase i know what it feels like too. some people are just stupid really. and men, honestly they do NOT know what its like haha. I had a coworker say to me "Good morning FAT COW" imagine how that made me feel! I know deep down he was only kidding but serisouly..that ruined the rest of my day and was completely out of the blue. So i know how that feels

chin up, you are doing great. The important thing is you are healthy and so is baby. Keep up the good work!

i like your comment - i'm growing a new life...what have YOU done today?! ;)

Hi Jess! Hi Skyy, Hi Tana!
Good luck Clarissa

i'll be back later!

You all are great--well, maybe I've put on 8 lbs, but some of it is water weight as I'm swelling in my legs.

And yes, he was trying to be funny. The thing I don't get is, you can't "try" to be funny. You either are or you aren't. If you try, it comes off as rude. I tell this to my DH all the time and he doesn't get it.

Yes, I'm all belly, but I work hard at it. I don't want to gain 80 lbs like my aunt or 60 lbs like my sister (a previous personal trainer and St. Louis Rams cheerleader who ate M&Ms the entire pregnancy).

Thanks again!!! ;)

happy friday everyone :) im off to the doctor as well - i'll let yo know if there is any good news since i'm now 2 days past due (not that those dates are an accurate science)

laura i hate when people comment on my size like that. i like when they say wow you are just all belly etc, positive comments. i've gained 40 pounds!! and its so nice to hear people say really?! you dont look it at all, its alll baby! Of course i dont know if they are being polite or if its true. in my head and in the mirror i look like a big fat cow :) but i know its really out of my control , weight gain is supposed to happena dn i do have major swelling so theres a lot of water retention wieght gain and my baby has been measuring larger than average at most appointments (again not an exact science)

aynway, i wont minimize it either becuase i know what it feels like too. some people are just stupid really. and men, honestly they do NOT know what its like haha. I had a coworker say to me "Good morning FAT COW" imagine how that made me feel! I know deep down he was only kidding but serisouly..that ruined the rest of my day and was completely out of the blue. So i know how that feels

chin up, you are doing great. The important thing is you are healthy and so is baby. Keep up the good work!

i like your comment - i'm growing a new life...what have YOU done today?! ;)

Hi Jess! Hi Skyy, Hi Tana!
Good luck Clarissa

i'll be back later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.