Way Too Much Work For Me

THis is way off of the topic of this post but this cracked me up:

Meso 1 light weights (like 12# biceps work)
Meso 2 med weights (15# bicept work)
Meso 3 heavy weights (18-20# bicep work)

I cannot WAIT for the day I can look at a 12# weight and say, hey, that's pretty light!! :p I know i'll get there someday for now i'll settle being jealous of you all. ;)

Hi Lily1! No worries at all....you will get great results from this program whether you figure out your 1rm or not. Sure, you will get your "absolute best" results if you do the 1RM testing, but if that doesn't interest you, these workouts will feel no different (as far as how to use them) then my other workouts. Just pop Disc #1 in and go. You'll probably even get some decent DOMS if you select a challenging weight per exercise.

If you want to keep it as simple as possible you don't even need to access your computer at all.

1) Just take a peek at the User Guide book for Disc #1, see the workout before your eyes (ie: the muscle groups being used, the number of reps, the number or sets, the equipment needed).

2) Guess the best weight you need (per exercise) based on what weight you have used for these exercises in other workouts. Up that "guessed" weight by 1 pound to 3 pounds (ie: one to 2 pounds heavier for smaller muscle groups and 2 to 3 pounds heavier for larger muscle groups).

3) Then press play!!!!!

4) Modify any exercise to lighter weight if you can't complete the set.

It's that easy, I promise! :D

Cathe, yes it is very simple indeed!! Thank you so much! :D

Initially Lily, I shared your sentiment.... "way too much work!" :mad: Decided.... nah....Not doing all that.... who has the time?!! :rolleyes:
Well today, I took the STS plunge. :) I am beginning my program w/Meso 2, so, I decided that I'd use the heaviest weight that I could to complete each exercise with good form. I printed the handy workout card and while doing the w/o, I recorded the weight that I used to complete each exercise. I then came to the computer to log my workout and what I did was enter my 1RM for the exercises on the DVD that I used today... it was a piece of cake! :D That's how I will continue entering my 1RM data. Have fun & don't stress Lily. :)

I might be in different boat. I was not enthusiam at all before I got the products and workout manager. Then I started 1RM last week. I got hooked. I never thought I could lift so much heavier. I had to push myself. On the other hand, it made me all pumped. The tool Cathe put out in website made me feel I can manage to push thru Meso 1. I am just take one step at time. I never can keep routine for more than 3 weeks. So we will see.

But if you don't feel comfortable with those tools, like Cathe and other said, you don't have to do it. Actually, I did 1RM tests all in last week. Mostly was during weekend. I started my Day 1 today. So some of the targeted weights were too high for me. I could not do 12 -15 reps as Cathe did. So I had to adjust. But do try it, you will not be disappointed.

I'm feeling overwhelmed kinda too. I'm starting on the 8th with my Cathe Fans Spark team and I know I'm not going to finish my one rep max just for Disk 1 on time. Is there an easier way than using the 1RM test? Wing it maybe? What kind of affect will that have on my overall program?

I'm feeling overwhelmed kinda too. I'm starting on the 8th with my Cathe Fans Spark team and I know I'm not going to finish my one rep max just for Disk 1 on time. Is there an easier way than using the 1RM test? Wing it maybe? What kind of affect will that have on my overall program?

I may push back my start date so that I can get all my 1RM testing in, so you won't be alone! Your muscles are going to be too fried to get in 1RM testing once you start STS. Don't worry! I think you'll appreciate having the numbers calculated for you and putting that time in in the long run! :)

Oh, OK.... I'll do it :)

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. That's what I love about this place - you can get talked into anything!

I didn't know I could not return unopened DVD's, but I am just going to suck it up and do STS as many of you said. Ignore the 1RM for now and just go by what I feel

Some have mentioned here that you can see the "average 1 RPM's of fellow Catheites". Can someone tell me how I find that information? This may help me.

Knowing me, I will be on here in two weeks, 'bashing' anyone who disses STS!!!!

Thanks again gang
Lily

I'm so happy you decided to keep them!
You are going to love them!

I can't wait for my next STS day!! The push-ups were very challenging. I did as many as I could, and that was good enough. My biceps are screaming from the 21's and half rep counts. The half rep counts burn like a flame!:eek:

Why don't you just enjoy the workouts. You are placing way too much importance on the trivial aspects. Enjoy your workouts!

Rose Ohio

Why don't you just enjoy the workouts. You are placing way too much importance on the trivial aspects. Enjoy your workouts!

Rose Ohio

I'd love to do that and I'm sure I will with Cathe (just from viewing the clips), but I want to do the program the right way to get maximum results. I want to look like Cathe!!!! :p

Hey Cathe if you're still here... or any of you gals (and guys)... whats holding me back is not the computer stuff .. it's not knowing how to schedule my hour workout with the 1r tests. I just need a track to follow and I will do it. I'm overwhelmed by the list. I know to do 5 & 4 stars first but in what order? THAT'S where I need the help the most. ie. Colleen do "blank" followed by "blank" on down the line until how ever long it takes to do them. Then I can do the WM cards, etc. Right now I'm just staring at all my gear and I don't know where to start and in what order to continue.
I'm sorry if that seems like I'm lazy. I'm not. I'm ignorant. Some one suggested I do Back, Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and legs, one test of each a day. Does this seem like the right thing to do? I've also read that doing them day after day can burn you out so alternate 1r days with cardio?
Colleen

here is what I did....I did one upper body exercise followed by 1 lower body exercise..then when i went to do another upper body exercise enough time had passed that i was not tired...heres an example

1 bicep exercise
1 leg exercise
1 back exercise
1 leg exercise
1 tricep
1 leg...you get the picture...it was easy and i only did about 1 hour 1 day and then 1 hour the next....i did nothing else for exercise for those 2 days...and presto it was done....
elena

ITA!
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!!
It's a great program. I didn't want to do the 1rm testing. I knew it would make me crazy. I just finished disc one from meso one. I did not have any problems finding a challenging weight. I had one of the best upper body workouts of my life!!!
I'm going to be sore, but that makes me happy;)

ITA!
That was helpful Cynthia, I'm new to strenth training, and figured I'd do round one just grabbing a challenging weight:eek:. Then round two doing 1rm.
But cathes program is quility and challenging either way. Hang tight and enjoy the ride:D

meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233kickbox.gif

Hey Cathe if you're still here... or any of you gals (and guys)... whats holding me back is not the computer stuff .. it's not knowing how to schedule my hour workout with the 1r tests. I just need a track to follow and I will do it. I'm overwhelmed by the list. I know to do 5 & 4 stars first but in what order? THAT'S where I need the help the most. ie. Colleen do "blank" followed by "blank" on down the line until how ever long it takes to do them. Then I can do the WM cards, etc. Right now I'm just staring at all my gear and I don't know where to start and in what order to continue.
I'm sorry if that seems like I'm lazy. I'm not. I'm ignorant. Some one suggested I do Back, Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and legs, one test of each a day. Does this seem like the right thing to do? I've also read that doing them day after day can burn you out so alternate 1r days with cardio?
Colleen

You know what I did, I looked at the excercise chart and I graded them based on what equipment I had to use, then I did each grade group together ..for example:

a.) All excercises using the ball
b.) All excercises using the step bench
c.) All excercises standing
d.) All excercises using the barbell
etc....

I have only finished upper body so far but this allowed me to get them done quicker because I had less equipment changing. I already had the equipment setup (slanted bench, flat bench, ball etc.) and then all I had to do was grab the right weights and I was off.

Hope this helps.

:D:D:D:D:DI started my 1 rep tests!!!
I did them back, chest, shoulders, legs, bi & tr and I'm "working my way down the ladder" starting with 5 stars first. I did the warm up from STS disk one and had it one while I worked out. I could hear Cathes voice in the back ground and when I took a rest between exercises I could watch Cathe for a bit and then get back to my list. I did two full cycles with in the hour and then I finished with STS abs "no equipment" and did a stretch. I am so excited! I'm going to do Cathe cardio on alternate days until I'm finished. Thanks to all of you for helping me figure out what worked best for me.

Hehehehe. I'm so happy!
Colleen

Why not just do the program.

Do the exercises with a weight that you can do.

Do what you can.

As you get stronger - do more.

I've never met a Cathe I didn't like...

If you send it back ... you can't use it to improve your body.

Loving my STS.... :)

Hi Sass, take a look a few posts up for yours and look for Cathe's reply she explains how to proceed without having the 1RMs done, essentially, pick a challenging weight based on previous knowledge of similar exercises, and add 1-3 pounds to it, and go! Then increase/decrease the pounds as needed.

You know what I did, I looked at the excercise chart and I graded them based on what equipment I had to use, then I did each grade group together ..for example:

a.) All excercises using the ball
b.) All excercises using the step bench
c.) All excercises standing
d.) All excercises using the barbell
etc....

I have only finished upper body so far but this allowed me to get them done quicker because I had less equipment changing. I already had the equipment setup (slanted bench, flat bench, ball etc.) and then all I had to do was grab the right weights and I was off.

Hope this helps.

LOL: Thats how I ended up doing it a few months back... I actually got so frustrated with my own personal messiness that I grouped first by Body Part, then by equip ... I just made each body part a 2- dayer (BB vs DB) - I did 1RM as my 2 week workouts and MAN did I feel it both weeks! !

I'm a MESSY- Worker-outer!:cool:

Colleen

It would be nice if Cathe/SNM came up with a "1RM rotation" that put the 5-star exercises together in a way that we'd get them done over the course of a week (using a pre-STS 'recovery' week as the testing week, doing a "testing workout" M, W, F (or any other three days of the week).

HINT!;)

1 Rep max testing

Kathyrn - As you can see, I rarely post (I'm a regular 'lurker'), but I love your idea about a rotation that helps us get through the 1RM testing.

I started it yesterday, and basically, I started at the beginning and just worked through for a little over an hour so that I got a decent kind of workout in as well as doing the 1RM test. It took another half hour to 45 mins to input them all into the workout manager. So, although it took more time than usual, it wasn't the huge chore I was dreading for over a year!

Oh My God..I'm Starstruck!

Cathe replied to me!! I now have bragging rights :)

Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement to just do it my way.

Like I said in an earlier post, I will be the one on these boards in a few weeks going on and on about STS and how great it it (I will be eating my words!).

I have loved every other Cathe workout and I have them all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.