water intake

balletgrrl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I was wondering, as an active woman, how much water do you drink per day? I usually average around 3 or 4 bottles (17 oz.) I wasn't sure if this was enough. Also, do you increase your normal intake if you do an intense cardio session that day? (This morning I did IMAX 1 and I was sweating my butt off!) Just wanted to make sure I am hydrating myself properly. Thanks!

Alison

I'm on WW (in maintenance phase now), and they suggest drinking half your body weight in ounces of water per day. In other words, if you weigh 120 pounds, you should be drinking at least 60 ounces of water a day. Because I have had kidney stones in the past, I drink a minimum of three quarts a day, as per my urologist's instructions. On days I workout, I usually end up drinking an extra quart. I do think anything more than that though, and you would end up risking electrolyte imbalances. Also, you'll be up all night running to the bathroom - LOL! Not very good for the rest you need!! Hope this helps!!

Carol
:)

Go to www.water.com
Click on Hydration calculator
put your weight and how long exercised
for the day. It will give you a amount
that you should drink.

Have a nice day Tonya

Hi Alison! We are just about on the same page. I try to drink 3 to 4 (16 ounce) bottles of water per day on my off days. On my workout days I try to add two additional 16 ounce bottles (sometimes three in the summer).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.