warning ***** KENALOG shot caused deformity *******

HI yall,

I posted 6 months ago because I developed an indentation in my left buttock that my doctor said was a muscle tear. I thought it was ODD because I didn't recall tearing a muscle, my back had been bad so I thought it was related.

Come to find out, after the indentation has gotten much bigger, I'm talking I have a 2 inch wide i inch deep crater on my butt, this was not a muscle tear but rather the site where I got a shot of KENALOG at that same doctor's office for a slight allergic reaction I was having. Come to find out the shot was probably not administered properly, thus causing this atrophying of the tissue. SOme people have said that this will go away with time others say it will not so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I found ALOT of other women online who had this same issue and not only did this cause this unsightly indentation, but they had other issues mainly relating to hormonal, period length issues.

NOTE: Beware of this drug !!!! and if the doctor is giving you a shot in the butt, I would recommend asking the DOCTOR to give the shot. I WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER SHOT OF ANYTHING UNLESS I ABSOLUTELY NEED IT.

I don't know which shot I got but when I was a child I got a shot in my thigh and I still have a "dimple" in my thigh due to it. It isn't as obvious as it used to be but it's still there.

That's just awful. I've been getting quite disillusioned with doctors lately. It seems a lot of them decide what your problem is before even examining you. I've learned to do as much research possible before setting foot in a doctor's office. Do you happen to know if the people who see improvement have a more involved workout regimen? Maybe some Butts & Guts will help smooth it out? Best of luck with this!

I guess that I would tend to disagree with the OP only in that you should ask the doctor themselves to give the shot. As a nurse, I can honestly tell you that most doctors don't know how to give shots, nor start IV's! It's not a skill that they tend to learn, or else they forget early in their education!

Just something to think about.....

That is really scary. Will you be able to build the muscle back up?

Thanks for the heads up.

Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.