Virulent streak of bad energy

Oh man. My family and I are having the worst May on record. It's unbelievable so I just had to share it with all you. If nothing else, it will make you count your blessings. (I'm still searching for mine...)

1. My husband's Steelcase Furniture dealership closed its doors last week after over 60 years in business. Heavily in debt. His father started it, then my husband took over as owner. Husband and I are dealing with the nasty fallout and wondering where or if he will be gainfully employed. Whereas I am the kind of person who has Plan B, C and D always ready to be executed if necessary, my husband lives in lala land.
2. July 2 is our 25th wedding anniversary. Instead of making big plans, I am trying to come up with my alibi for his murder
3. Sunday my son rolled his truck with my other son is the car with him. Both of them are fine, but it was huge drama and we have a totalled Nissan Titan to deal with.
4. After the wreck Sunday, my son was inspired to finally break up with his girlfriend again and for the last time. She responded by taking a bunch of pills in a suicide attempt. Currently no word on her condition or whereabouts.
5. I broke off a crown chomping and grinding my teeth at night and got to endure 2 hours of shots and drilling last week. More to come next week, along with a bill for about $1000.
6. My parents moved from Arizona back to Texas Saturday and are living in my lake cabin for the next 6 weeks while their new place is being remodeled. I have nowhere to run away to now.

Last week I decided to lay off the wine and lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I do not have 6 pounds to lose... Back to the wine!!!

OMG! You poor thing! I am burning sage over your post as I write this!:)

I can relate to the business thing, my DH lives with yours in lala land..bad business partners and all..x(

Glad your sons are both okay, sorry about the gal pal, sounds like a cry for help, my DH's daughter pulled this same stunt a few years back--good grief the drama of it all...

I was eating my tuna the other day and one of my veneers fell off to reveal an ugly stub of the tooth left behind!x( I freaked,and then spent the next AM at the dentist regluing, drilling, etc...I am right there with ya, I have had more drilling done in my mouth than all the Texas oil fields.

I say kick mom and pop out of your cabin-that is what hotels are for, or put them up in your house while you hide out at the cabin.Now grab a case of vino, a good book, good movies, good food and wait until your DH returns from lala land to celebrate your anniversary (remember all those "precious" things you love about him) and relax!:p

We always say bad things happen in 3's, and then good things follow in 3's. In your case it is 6's, so you have 6 good things to look forward to now!:7

Hi Charlotte,

I am so sorry for you streak of bad luck. It think when it rains, it pours.

You are trying to cope with a tremendous amount of stress.

I would go losing the weight over the wine.

But that is because I don't drink alcohol.

I just want to express my profound empathy and sympathy for all that has happend to you and your family.

Be well and please don't kill your husband! ;-)

As for the pills, that is usually a cry for attention. Most people who overdose want to be found. God, I did it long ago and it's not worth the arterial blood gas blood drawing.

Here are some of the suicidal ideations I have had.

Pouring gasoline on myself and light a match

Placing a gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger

Cutting my wrist the right way - vertically instead of horizontally. You bleed out in minutes if you slit your wrists the proper way.

Pills are totally out of the question now.

I am not down playing overdosing as something trivial or to be viewed as only attention getting. A person who overdoses is in pain and overdosing can be letal.

Any attempt at suicide is serious. Some people who attempt overdosing end up with long term liver or brain damage, in an irreversible coma, or dead because they were not found in time.

Women tend to be more passive when they attempt or actually commit suicide (although the modern term is just suicide with the commit left out).

On the other hand, men are more successful with suicide because they tend to be more violent in their suicide attempts.

aww , Charlotte, I'm so sorry these things are happening to you and your family. Please have faith that things will work out.

Big hugs, Tina

Thanks, Amydaisy and everyone else! Tomorrow is the first day of June and, honestly, it can only get better from here!!!

Let's hijack this thread and talk about husbands in lala land. Raise your hand if your husband is in lala land. Thank GOD that I earn a good enough living to cover us... but with two boys in college, I'm giong to start getting pretty ancy with zero spending money leftover. After 25 years of marriage and plenty of good income, I may be VERY selfish, but I never expected to be heading down instead of up... I'm trying to be very supportive and all that crap, but I'm really mad as hell.x(

I'm all for hijacking this...

Honey, I think my DH was born and raised in Lala Land... and never really changed his residency to join the rest of us in the real world.

We're trying to sell our house in a crappy market, I'm saving every penny because I'm pretty convinced we'll end up having to pay to get out from under our mortgage, and all he can do is whine day in and day out that he doesn't have the motorcycle he wants, or the Pontiac GTO that he wants, or all the XBox 360 games that he wants, or the boat that he wants, or the brand-new laptop that he wants, or the Wii that he wants....

It's a constant "I want I want I want" battle, and it's really annoying. I mean, we make good money, but we also have two sizeable car payments and a nearly $3,000 mortgage. Give me a freaking break!! Argh!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.