Valentine's Day, Doubting Husband and Pikes on the Ball

targo

So it is Valentine's Day and my Hardcores had just arrived. I am just as excited about these as I am about going to our celebratory Valentine's dinner. I was showing my husband the DVDs and he was saying how these DVDs may be advanced, but I surely was not. Well, needless to say I got insulted (I mean I am just finishing a six-week S&H rotation!). He then pointed to one of the pictures of Cathe doing a pike on the stability ball. I told him to follow me and I led him into my exercise den. Now take in mind, I am in a dress and three inch heels at this time. Oh, and I had two glasses of wine...

I get out the stability ball and proceed to show him how his little wife can also do pikes on the stability ball-complete with high heels on and perfect form! He looked at me in awe and has not said a word since!!

So I just wanted to thank you for all of your guidance and hardwork Cathe! ;-)

Ha ha that is great!! My husband did the same thing to me a lot over the years. But ever since I finished an Ironman triathlon last Sept. he doesn't doubt what his little wife can do either [grin]!! I owe a lot of my strength and muscular endurance to Cathe because her workouts about all that I do now besides the running/biking/swimming. My hardcore workouts arrived on Valentine's day as well, really enjoying them so far!

Cheryl

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH .... I'M ROLLING!

DH was trying to figure out why the heck I make all these weird noises doing those workout's with the ball, so I told him he'd get a long backrub if he did a WHOLE workout. So he took the challenge, I popped in KPC and watched (quite enjoying myself btw!). His form - aweful, completion - half done, comments - the next day he said OUCH! HEHE I just love it when they eat their words don't you!

also to add I just got a ball and am still figuring out how to keep balance the whole workout, so hats off to you to do pikes in heels! :)

I would have either 1) Taken the car and gone to dinner alone or 2) made him go to dinner alone while I made other arrangements.

My husband knows better than to issue such a derogatory and insulting remark to me, especially on what is supposed to be a "romantic" day.

I'm glad you didn't take his comment too seriously and had fun with it AND went our for you Valentine dinner. My hubby and I goof off like this all the time! Your story gave me a chuckle...thanks for sharing!
Angela:7

My DH would have made a snyde comment about me bum in a dress up in the air. . . . . they always have to turn it into something sexual too don't they . . ?

Dawn

Love it! You put your money where your mouth is. You rock! I bet he did shut up.

Jeanette

That is pretty good! This past weekend we had some friends over with their kids for dinner and the husband, Dan, was checking out my evercise room and says "What do you do with the ball." Lots, I say and start giving examples. Before you know it I am showing him pikes on the ball, (with perfect form I might add and like you, I have had a bump or two). Then everyone was trying them! Kids and all. Pretty funny watching them all try it. The best part was in private when my hubby told me that it was pretty impressive!

Those balls are a converstation piece as well as a killer addition to your workout.

Have fun,

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.