Using KPC To Get "Ripped"?

MuscleGuy

Cathlete
Hey, all

I'm new here. Male, 38, 210 lbs (mainly muscle), 6'3". Been weightlifting on and off for a while and although I have some muscle, it is covered with some fat. I'm looking for a way to burn off the fat...which means cardio.

Do you think KPC gives a good fat-burning workout? Of all the Cathe DVDs, this one seems to get a great response...also it doesn't need a step or band, and I already have a stability ball. So I think it's the first one I'm going to order. Good choice?

MuscleGuy

RE: Using KPC To Get

KPC is a great fat buring workout. She has many. Really you can't go wrong with any workout of hers. They are all fantastic! :)

Thanks. KPC is packaged with a legs and glutes workout on DVD now. Bearing in mind that I won't be able to do the L&G because I don't have a step or band, do you think the double DVD is worth the price just for KPC?

Yes. If you're interested in trying some of L&G, it has some floor work using ankle weights. You might be able to adapt a step stool for some of the high step exercises. It's been so long since I've done L&G. I think there's some lunges and squats without the step in there too.

You may also want to consider the Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance dvd. Bootcamp, although it's not pure cardio, but rather 1 minute cycles of cardio and weights is excellent for fat burning, the weights are done fast enough to keep your heart rate up, rather than being intended for true muscle building. This is also one of Cathe's few workouts that has men as background exercisers.

I just did KPC Sunday and got such a good workout! It's fun, Cathe is just fun on this one! But the DVD has sooo many premixes to use with and without Legs and Glutes, so you could probably find something in there to mix up your cardio workouts!

Good Luck!
Mary

Many people substitute a step stool from Home Depot in place of the High Step. And as was mentioned you can choose to do the floor work only with or without ankle weights.

Getting here a bit late....

Welcome MuscleGuy,

I think you're gonna enjoy this purchase. Don't be shy about investigating the KPC/L&G premixes }( . You can do a lot with this DVD.

Again, welcome aboard,

jordan

Thanks, jordan

My DVD arrived today. Tonight I'm gonna do the KPC workout, but I'll watch the legs & glutes to see what I can do from it with my limited equipment. I get the feeling I'm going to be buying a step pretty soon.

Hello MuscleGuy.

Let us know how it all works for you, in another thread, I suggested to you Muscle Endurance and Boot Camp.

Have fun!!

Just keep in mind that when you're using the high step (which we all know you'll get eventually!!) you're likely to need more than the 4-5 risers because you're a foot taller than Cathe...

It's working great, Jennifer. I've done KPC three times so far now. Strangely, I feel fine the following day but the day after that my legs and abs and shoulders are sore.

Is this normal?

MuscleGuy

As far as results go, I can already see my abs better and also I have more striations in my shoulders. I think that's from the punching combos.

MuscleGuy.
You have DOMS (delayed onset muscle sorenss), it's a pretty common thing here in these parts (on this site).
It's awesome you're already seeing results, KPC is a great workout.
Kickmax is good as well. So, there are plenty to preview the clips here before making a decision if you choose to get another.
Tbis past weekend, I went to a party with some friends I haven't seen in awhile and I got alot of positive comments AND it will happent to you as well.

Hang in there!!

Yeah, I'm hanging!

I looked at a lot of preview clips and I decided to order Drill Max. Looks like a good fat-burning workout. So tomorrow I'm off to get a step while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

MuscleGuy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.