User's Guide- Hard Copy PLEASE

You can certainly get a book like a User's Guide done more cheaply than $200, but it is still expensive to do. And printing is just one cost, the bigger expense is the increased cost of shipping. We're not talking a few hundred or a few thousands of dollars - we're talking many tens of thousands of dollars with no way for us to recoup the cost because we ship worldwide for free. We charge more for series that come with a hard copy of our User's Guide and less for series that don't. There is a huge difference in sales when you cross the $100 price point and we find that keeping the prices of our series without User's Guide's under $100 is better for us and the consumer.

Couldn't agree more with what has been quoted above. On top of the shipping cost occuring for customers living abroad, an extra import tax
is charged not just for the actual dvd set. It is just not feasible nowadays. E-book is the way to go --- JMHO:)

I stated earlier that I am rather low tech (no computer at home, smart phone, tablet nor e-reader). As long as Cathe continues to give us workouts in the DVD format I will be very happy and totally won't care if a hard copy book is not available. I would, however, be absolutely crushed if the workouts stopped being available on DVD. I do hope this never happens. All that other tech is very pricey (and internet connectivity is not always available in my home state of Maine) hence I buy DVDs and workout at home--much cheaper than a gym membership, no travel necessary, I don't have to use equipment someone else sweated on and, quite frankly, I think the results are way more effective thanks to the quality Cathe delivers.

I stated earlier that I am rather low tech (no computer at home, smart phone, tablet nor e-reader). As long as Cathe continues to give us workouts in the DVD format I will be very happy and totally won't care if a hard copy book is not available. I would, however, be absolutely crushed if the workouts stopped being available on DVD. I do hope this never happens. All that other tech is very pricey (and internet connectivity is not always available in my home state of Maine) hence I buy DVDs and workout at home--much cheaper than a gym membership, no travel necessary, I don't have to use equipment someone else sweated on and, quite frankly, I think the results are way more effective thanks to the quality Cathe delivers.

I find it mind blowing that China can hack us, yet half of Americans can't even get a good internet connection. I am not even in the sticks and my signal drops all the time. I am with you on the DVD's!

You can certainly get a book like a User's Guide done more cheaply than $200, but it is still expensive to do. And printing is just one cost, the bigger expense is the increased cost of shipping. We're not talking a few hundred or a few thousands of dollars - we're talking many tens of thousands of dollars with no way for us to recoup the cost because we ship worldwide for free. We charge more for series that come with a hard copy of our User's Guide and less for series that don't. There is a huge difference in sales when you cross the $100 price point and we find that keeping the prices of our series without User's Guide's under $100 is better for us and the consumer.
Wow, I never thought of all that. Thank You for the explanation.

Our User Guide's already are printer friendly. We could kill the small header banner and a more few things, but you would only save a few pennies. You can get the entire User's Guide for Ripped With HiiT printed in black and white at any Staples for under $4.50. You just send them the file online and pick it up the same day.

You can also change the settings to "Economy" or something similar if you have a low volume printer to save ink, but our User Guide's really shouldn't cost much to print. Our office printer here is nothing special and it only costs 3 cents per black and white page.

I got my User Guide printed at our local library. I didn't know about sending the file to Staples. That is awesome!

I find it mind blowing that China can hack us, yet half of Americans can't even get a good internet connection. I am not even in the sticks and my signal drops all the time. I am with you on the DVD's!

Just FYI, in virtually every other country the government provides the Internet service or regulates its provision (kind of like e US govt provides our highway system). Unfortunately, in the US we (not personally, but collectively) consider private businesses as more successful,and trustworthy than the federal govt, so we get our service from business, not the govt. Since it's not profitable to sell high speed internet in low population areas, there just isn't any. FYI, the federal govt has stepped in to provide grants to lay fiber optic in areas with a low,population density to try to solve this problem. And once this cable is laid, private business can use it (free) to sell services.

It is fascinating how things are done in the US (or not done) and how people here can have less than others in third world countries!

In the meantime, I'd rather have low prices than a printed guide, so thank you! Plus, this way we aren't killing trees for those who would rather have an e-copy.

Just FYI, in virtually every other country the government provides the Internet service or regulates its provision (kind of like e US govt provides our highway system). Unfortunately, in the US we (not personally, but collectively) consider private businesses as more successful,and trustworthy than the federal govt, so we get our service from business, not the govt. Since it's not profitable to sell high speed internet in low population areas, there just isn't any. FYI, the federal govt has stepped in to provide grants to lay fiber optic in areas with a low,population density to try to solve this problem. And once this cable is laid, private business can use it (free) to sell services.

It is fascinating how things are done in the US (or not done) and how people here can have less than others in third world countries!

In the meantime, I'd rather have low prices than a printed guide, so thank you! Plus, this way we aren't killing trees for those who would rather have an e-copy.
Thank You for those interesting facts. I agree. I am going to go ahead for the Ice Series and try the Staples way. I can't drive anymore due to seizures so I am hoping they will send it to me!!

Thank You for those interesting facts. I agree. I am going to go ahead for the Ice Series and try the Staples way. I can't drive anymore due to seizures so I am hoping they will send it to me!!
My local Staples delivers my items to my home for free. Even if it's just 2 pkts of toner for my small printer. I usually get it the next day also (not sure about weekends). I would give them a call and ask all the details, I find they are always very helpful and friendly.

My local Staples delivers my items to my home for free. Even if it's just 2 pkts of toner for my small printer. I usually get it the next day also (not sure about weekends). I would give them a call and ask all the details, I find they are always very helpful and friendly.
Thank You! I am very excited about this!! Biking in the cold hurts my joints so I save that for grocery's, and doctors appt.

Yes! I live in a small village (fewer than 30 households) in the UK, and the government have provided us with super fast broadband. It's considered essential for remote communities. I hadn't realised how fortunate we are.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.