Update on my mom

Oh Belinda, I am so, so sorry for your loss. You have been through so much in such a short time. I hope you know that there are so many of us sending you prayers. If you are going on the RT, then I want to give you a huge hug, as I'm sure will many others. Please take care of yourself. Sending lots of love.

Belinda, my heart aches for you. I lost my own mom in September 2006 and your beautiful post brought back a flood of memories of sitting by her bedside those last days. It is a very bittersweet thing indeed to soothe and care for your mother as she slips away, and you described it so eloquently, Belinda. When I was going through what you just went through, I couldn't help but think about the astonishing fact that life had completely reversed itself; my mom brought me into this world, and I helped ease her out of it. You were privileged to do the same thing, sweetie, and even though I know it doesn't feel like much consolation right now, I promise you that in the months to come it will matter and comfort you a LOT. I'm sooooo glad you were there.

I'm also very glad that you're coming with Alesia to be with us next week. There are 105+ people waiting to do everything we can do to help you feel a little better. I can't wait to meet you and your DD, and to give you a big big big hug. Travel safely!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://planetsmilies.net/sport-smiley-5536.gif

((((((((((Belinda)))))))
Im so sorry.....Thankgoodness they were able to reach you in time to be with your mom during those last precious moments. My heart goes out to you and your family!

I am so sorry, honey. I've been there and it's a rough time. I'm glad you got to spend a few hours with her, though. I went through that with my mom at age 19. It's hard, but you'll get through. Your mom wouldn't want you to wallow and be miserable, but at the same time, if that's what you need to do, then do it. I come from an Irish/German family, and although funerals are not good times in general, we try to make them that way. We don't see it as a time to think on what could have been, but what WAS and make it a celebration of someone's life. You'll always remember what your mom was to you, and the good (and not so good) times you had. Hold tight to those memories, share them with your kids/family/friends, do for your kids what she did for you (even if they're grown), make her best recipes, sing her favorite holiday songs, and she will always be next to you. Sending you big hugs, and all my best wishes

Nan

I am soooo soooo sorry to hear about your mom, I lost my mom a year and a half ago so I know the pain all too well. (((Belinda and family))) You are in my prayers, I felt myself almost crying in reading your post. I am soo glad that you got to spend those hours with your mom. In my case we left knowing that the plug was being pulled but with kids we just couldn't stay around longer.

Again I am soooo sorry for your loss.

Oh Belinda, my heart aches for you. I can only imagine the physical and emotional grief you are experiencing now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I wish you continued strength and support through this difficult time. Your words were so moving and while it is clear you were in great pain at the time of your mothers passing, I also sensed a beautiful calmness within you, in the sense that you were at peace with how the two of you had parted. As others have stated above, you will have over 105 huge hugs waiting for you next week to help heal your spirits. Thank you for coming and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Warm hugs to you and your entire family!
Love,
Cathe

I am sorry, Belinda. I am sure it was a huge comfort to her to have you there. I will be praying for you and your family. I will not be on the RT, but hope you will be because it sounds like there are a lot of folks here wanting to give you a big hug. Take care.

Sandra

Belinda,

I remember when you posted recently asking for prayers for your mom. My heart goes out to you! I can't imagine what you must be going through with the suddeness of your mother's passing. The time you shared with her was truly a blessing!

My FIL passed away on July 19th from brain cancer. It was such a blessing that I was able to spend almost a week helping my MIL take care of him before he passed. His condition declined so quickly. We couldn't believe how fast the last stage of his illness happened. The morning he passed, the hospice nurse estimated that he had about a week left. Thankfully, he didn't suffer as much as he could have. He passed away at home surrounded by his family.

During the time I spent with my inlaws, I didn't want to go on the Roadtrip. My MIL wouldn't hear anything of it and made me promise that I would go. I'm glad that you are going as well. Expect a huge hug from me when we meet!!!!

Peace,
Wendy

Hugs and Prayers

Belinda:

My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry for your loss. I have been praying for you, and I am thankful that you were there with your mother to share her last few moments on this earth. Death is just as sacred as birth, and I hope you treasure those memories as painful as they are now. Count me in with Cathe and the other Road Trippers for a big hug!

I pray that God will fill you with His peace and surround you with His unfailing love as you grieve this loss. I am here for you if you need anything.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Belinda you have my deepest condolences. My prayers are with you and your family during this rough time.

{{{Belinda}}}

;( ;(

Belinda:
Oh dear, this was so touching. I am so happy that God moved everyone in positions that they were able to locate you and get you to see your mother. Those were very precious moments, and I can only imagine how you are forever changed by them. Just remember, that this parting is only temporary and you will be re-united again! :)
Bless your heart!
xoxo, neicebug

Belinda-

My heart goes out to you and your family. Mothers are so special. I pray that God will continue to strengthen/bless you and your family.

Haydee

Belinda - I am so sorry to hear this. I am glad that you were able to be there for her in her final moments. ((Hugs))

Oh Belinda, I am so sorry about your Mom! Sending you big (((((HUGS)))))). I know there is not much anyone can say to comfort you or ease the pain. Just know that we are all here for you and thinking about you and your family.

I am glad that you were be able to be with her.

My deepest sympathies are with you at this time. I know firsthand how hard it is to lose a parent and what a life-shaking experience it is. You will never be the same. And you will forever cherish the fact that you were with her in the end. You are a good daughter; your mother was lucky! I will be thinking and praying for you and your family. Take care of yourself! Move through the grief and you will come through a stronger, more compassionate person.

Janice

Belinda,

I am so very sorry for all that you area going through. It all happened so quickly. You probably haven't had the time to ingest all of it. This has such a horrific effect on the family.

I was praying for you and your mother. It seems like you are still going on the RT - we will all surround you with love and hugs.

I will continue to pray for you and your family as you go through this grieving process. I lost my mother 8 years ago. My life has totally changed. She was also my best friend. Sometimes it feels like you cannot go on, but you have your husband and your children to help in the comforting process.

Hugs will be there soon for you at the RT!

Cheryl

"Tough times never last, but tough people do."

Belinda, what will definitely last for your lifetime are all the exquisite and comforting memories you have of your mother. My words are not enough...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.