Update on my mom

bayerngirl

Cathlete
My mom passed away on Sunday afternoon. We held the funeral services today. It was realy hard. I still can't believe my mom is gone. After her DH passing last month she appeared very strong and ready to move on. She was looking forward to vacations with all of her chikdren. I almost missed the final moments with her.

Once my mother was doing better we (the family and the doctors)decided it was ok to head back to the US to get ready for my DH assignment back to Germany. We went to another city and were at a hotel waiting on the flight, when the phone rang at 0130 AM. We knew it was bad. My DH loaded the car while I spoke with the doctor. We headed straight back to my home town and the hospital, only to find my mother doing very poorly.

The odd thing was how they found us. My sister called my daughter in the states, who called a good friend in D.C. She tracked us through military guest housing, all of this within 30 minutes. Anyway, I was able to spend some very valuable hours with my mother. My DH by my side, as well as my sisters. I never knew that I had the strength to comfort a person who was dying let alone my mother, but it was very natural and peaceful. She passed quietly after seven hours of holding her and caring for her. She showed some fear of passing, but in the end she was very peaceful. I am very sad, while at the same time thankful that my family and friends found us and brought me back to my mother.

I now have a better uderstanding of how easy it is to have life slip by. My mother was looking to be released one day and gone the next. Life is too precious not to try to enjoy all that you can.

I know that it is not over, but I have to try to move on. We will fly home to our children on Saturday and grieve with them. It was very tough for them as well, but we thought it better to keep them from the the pain of the long flight on short notice.

I will spend three days with my family and board a plane to Phili to continue doing those things that I love to do. I want to take this time to give you all and update because you have been so supportive throughout this crisis. I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words and prayers.

Thanks again, Belinda

Oh Belinda........ I am so sorry....... We'll talk when you get home and settled.
Much love to all your family.

Oh Belinda! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sending lots of huge squeezy ((( hugs))) your way. I know how hard it is to lose your mom. We're all here for you if you need to talk, vent, cry, rant... whatever.

Take good care.

Belinda, oh my, that was so fast. Hugs and prayers for you and your family. It sounds like you still plan on being on the RT, so I'll save a special hug for then.

I'm so sorry. I teared up reading your message. It reminds me of my mother, on the last leg of her journey with Alzheimer's. She is with one of my sisters who is taking care of her round the clock.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

{{{{{Belinda}}}}} I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so glad that you were able to be with your mom and share this most spiritual of moments with her. I'm sure she was comforted by your presence. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Have a safe journey home, and when you go to the road trip I'm asking Robin to give you a flesh and blood hug from me.

Belinda,

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. I recently lost my aunt (who was like a second mom to me) so I know what you are going through. Take care!

Oh Belinda~I am so sorry! What a blessing you could be there to help comfort her. I am sure it helped to make her more peaceful knowing you were there.. how wonderful that your DH & sisters could be there with you & her also. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am glad you will be able to attend the RT. Can't wait to give you a HUGE hug! Safe travels and many prayers to you!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Belinda,

Hugs and my deepest condolences to you and your family! I'm glad that you had those precious hours with your mom.

Josie

Hugs to you and your family. I'm happy to hear you got to spend the last moments with her. Have a safe trip back.

Belinda~

Es tut mir sehr leid eine so tragische Nachricht zu hoeren.

My sympathies,
~Cathy

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Ohhhhhhh, Belinda!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry for you and your family. I'm also happy that you could be with her. We look forward to hearing from you again. Safe journey home.

Nancy

Belinda - I am so sorry that you lost your mother. My heart is aching for you. May you find peace with her passing. Your parents are together again. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Much love to you and your family.

Belinda,

My condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear that both your Mom and her DH passed within weeks of each other. I am sure he greeted her with open arms.

Belinda,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother! I have been thinking about you and was worried about your absence here. I lost my mother a year and a half ago. It is amazing how much strength we can find in ourselves when we really need it. Thank goodness you were able to be there with her. My prayers are with you & your family and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kara

Oh Belinda! I'm so sorry to hear about this! I really didn't think this was going to be your update. Just remember, even though you are going to miss your mom very much in the upcomming days and holidays, that she is in a better place now. And Im sure she knew how much she was loved by each of her children.
Your still in my thoughts and prayers!
Lori:)

Belinda, I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Michelle

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Having you there with her, I am sure meant the world to her. You and your family are in my prayers.

Jean

I am praying for you and your family Belinda during such a difficult time. Someday when I have to say goodbye to my parents - I can't even imagine the pain.

Please take care.

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!"

"Running feels great for my soul!"

:) CHEETAH :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Belinda, our dear friend, please be well. I can't wait to hug you in person.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.