Update on my knee

buffettgirl

Cathlete
I have a torn medial meniscus. The MRI pictures are really cool. There's a neat white line where there shouldn't be. I'm tentatively scheduled for same day surgury on the 29th, will be on crutches for a day, then about 4 weeks of exercises to rehab my knee. I'm happy that 1) There really was something wrong, not my imagination and whimpiness 2) It can be easily fixed 3) I'll be able to step again!

I'm so sorry you have to have surgery!!! I am glad though that you know exactly what is wrong and it can be fixed. It's such a pain to be in pain and have them tell you they can't find anything wrong. I will keep you in my prayers on the 29th! I'm marking it on my calendar right now. :)

Robin,
Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery, but at least it is a short recovery time.:) You will be back steppin' before you know it!

I think that's not a really bad surgery, my niece had it done just about the time I had my ACL repaired. She has these itty=bitty little scars and I've got this Frankenstein thing. But I heart my scar anyway. I think it's really cool.

Good onya for your positive attitude. You'll be flying high again soon!

Hooray for having a real knee problem!!! ;) Nobody wants surgery, but I'm glad you can be fixed and you'll be able to step. 4 weeks will be over before you know it! :D

Oh thank goodness it wasn't the ACL too!:) This can be fixed with same day surgery,plus you deserve extra attention and love from all of us and your family, and its gonna be all better!:7 :7 Yeah! I am sorry you are injured, but happy that its only 4 weeks, and you will be able to do the things you love.:7 They will be using a scope right?

I am sooooo relieved to hear that this is fixable and you will be back in action soon.(((Robin)))

Oh Robin, I bet you are so relieved to have a diagnosis and a fix. I know everything will go well and you will be back to normal in no time. :)

Great news, Robin! I'm glad you went to the doctor so promptly, before it got worse. Let us know how the surgery goes. I really envy your tiny little 4-week recovery :p

Well crap! I'm so sorry you need surgery, but looking on the bright side, I'm awfully glad it's an easy repair. I think you should take off the dang 4 weeks anyway. At the very least you really need to play up the crutches for every ounce of sympathy you can squeeze out of them, even if it is only for one day! Oh, and you're no wimp, but I still can't imagine actually WANTING to do step :p

Robin - I too am happy to hear that it is not a major issue that is going to require a lot of down time. You'll be back in full force in no time! :+

Robin--
(((((HUGS)))) Glad you found out what it was and glad to know you will be able to step again!! I'll be thinking of you on the 29th.

Gin:)

Hi Robin,

Even though you have to have the surgery, I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't something worse! And how great that you'll be able to step again soon!!! The four week of rehab will fly by!!

(((Robin))) - I'm so sorry you need surgery but I'm also so glad your knee can be fixed easily. As others have said, I'm sure the 4 weeks will go by quickly & you'll soon be stepping again!:D

I was hoping that was what you would say! I'm so happy it wasn't something more serious. As I told you, my 70-yr. old Mom was in and out of the hospital in a few hours, and was doing most of her ordinary activities by the next day. Modern medicine is just amazing.

Robin-
Yey! Your fixable! And you are scheduled to do it soon! Yey again!

PS-I knew you were not just bellyachin'

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Thanks friends. Like you all said, it's fixable. And I'll be A OK by the time we hit the beach in March. BIG sigh of relief.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.