Ultimate Yogi

Renee, I did receive Combat and it looks fantastic! I previewed the basics DVD and it looks like the moves are complicated enough that I'll need to start slowly to do them well, but not as complicated as TurboFire (which I loved). I haven't started yet, but only because I keep waking up at 5:30, which gives me an hour to exercise before heading to work. The first Combat video is only 30 minutes long, so I've been doing the Ultimate Yogi this week. Crazy, I know, but I have issues sleeping, which I won't bore you with! And, I thanks to this thread, I purchased, from the Ultimate Yogi website, Short and Sweet at a 30% discount. I bought it this morning and already received shipping notification. Impressive!

Alright, I hit buy! When I saw the comment that Travis was good at cueing and you could follow along without watching (for a beginner yoga person) I thought that was all I needed to hear. And it was a good deal at deep discounts...thanks again for letting me know about that!

I feel rich, what with ultimate yogi and XTRAIN coming. Ah, what a nice dilemma - trying to fit it all in!

I hope people keep posting about their experiences with ultimate yogi here, I'd love to hear what people think about the workouts as we move through the series.

-sarah

So far, so good!

I did the first workout from Short and Sweet. First, I love that it's just me and Travis :p! I really love his soothing voice. The workout was at the right pace and length, plus there were a few new moves. I would have benefited from previewing it first. I can't wait to try the other workouts, plus hear what others have to say.

I previewed the first 2 workouts in Foundations and they look great for those days when I want to do something, but don't feel like over-exerting myself.

Now I'm debating on whether I should have ordered the entire set :confused:.

Lisa

All I can say is "Wow". I just did my first practice from Short and Sweet. This was just enough of challenge to keep me from getting bored. It is going to be awhile before I master some of the moves in Short and Sweet. I love it.

I have the series, and I like it very much. I've also been doing yoga for a number of years. I would recommend, as another poster did, taking a class or 2 at a studio first, so you can learn proper alignment.
If you're interested in a faster-paced class, try an Ashtanga or Power Yoga class. You'll move more quickly, get your heart rate up, and probably enjoy it more than a regular hatha class. (On the other hand, holding the poses for a longer amount of time creates its own challenges! :))
Hope this helps, and Happy New Year!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.