TurboBarre

Courtney, I don't think I've ever gotten DOMS so quickly from a workout. Within 2-3 hours, I was thinking, "I'm in trouble!" Ha! It hurt soooo good!

Oh, Debbie.....I had glute cramps during TB like I could not believe!! My husband walked into the workout room and was like, "Are you alright, honey??" As Cathe would say, "Another one to prove that heavy weight is not always necessary".....a reference to another glute goodie, Butts and Guts! I had DOMS by that evening and into the next day. Love it!

CourtneyMCulligan said:
Oh, Debbie.....I had glute cramps during TB like I could not believe!! My husband walked into the workout room and was like, "Are you alright, honey??" As Cathe would say, "Another one to prove that heavy weight is not always necessary".....a reference to another glute goodie, Butts and Guts! I had DOMS by that evening and into the next day. Love it!

Sooo, how are you doing today? Walking funny? Ha! Can you even imagine adding ankle weights to TB?

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Hmmm... I did this workout for the first time this morning. I have no soreness yet. It was challenging, but I didn't break out in a big ol' sweat or anything.

Maybe I was cheating too much! I swear, I'm not a cheater, but sometimes I get scared of my knees and ease off of moves because I'm afraid I'll hurt them. They are a bit tempermental.

I got DOMS about 24 hours after TB. I was cramping everywhere during the workout, and could hardly walk afterward. I expected soreness much sooner than it came, but it surely came.

Oh, and I didn't sweat much either, even though my heart was racing, but my heart rate monitor said I burned just over 500 calories on TB. Pretty good!

I did TB 24 hours ago. The soreness progressed since last night. My backside is screaming, as well as my hips and upper hamstrings. The workout is genius. Great work, Cathe. Thank you for continually raising the bar.

I did TB 24 hours ago. The soreness progressed since last night. My backside is screaming, as well as my hips and upper hamstrings. The workout is genius. Great work, Cathe. Thank you for continually raising the bar.

Or should that be 'Thank you for continually raising the barre.'? ;)

I really love Turbobarre too! I can lift pretty heavy weights, but lifting that darn leg is tough!

ps. I hope Cathe puts out more barre workouts.

Last edited:
I just did this workout for the first time tonight -- LOVED it! -- but now I just read this thread and I'm scared! When will the DOMS hit, and how bad will it be?! :D

So far I just have a nice warm feeling in my butt and thighs, hmmm, I'll enjoy it while it lasts! :)

I must not be doing this workout correctly because I was not sore in my glutes the next day. I did feel soreness in my calves and biceps though. Guess I need to work harder next time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.