TTC/Preg Check in June 23rd

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good morning! No workouts for me today, slept in so I could try to start my week well rested. After pretty much sloughing around the house for a day and 1/2 I should be ready to go! I work 4-10 hour shifts this week (plus 12 hr drive time) and have the weekend (Fri-Sun) off. Looking forward to it already!

Trish-- let us know how u/s goes. I"m sure you and your little gal are great. How come you need to test for 5ths Disease? I don't think I've ever tested for that? 5 mile run is great!

Jen--It was hot here yesterday too---must have hit 80 for sure. ;) I watched the kids play in the sprinkler as I sipped a water with my sunglassed on reading SELF (trying not to look to tired or crabby). I had never realized Hershey Park was an amuzement park thing. I guess I never thought about it. We have 6 Flage & Valley Fair around here.

Susan--did you get your chores done?

Stephanie---how was your workout?

Maggie--I HATE Altoids. I literally vomit if I eat one b/c they're way too strong. Ewwwwww. How about the meat cravings?....is your iron low? Any ice cube cravings?

Oh, we told our 14 year old about pg yesterday. He was less than thrilled, but understands my excessive fatigue now. He actually thought my belly was getting bigger too, but didn't want to hurt my feelings and say anything!

Gotta get going. Check back later. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Melanie, I hope your week goes fast for you! Sorry about Jory not being too happy. It's prob. pretty normal though. I was 10 and 11 when my mom got pg with my younger sisters and I was PO'd big time. Now they are my best friends and I can't imagine not having them.

No formal plans yet for today. Some errands, a workout (BM2 UB and Imax3 step w/ no blasts).

Good Morning,
Melanie Im glad you are rested and ready for your week. I hope its a non-stress work week for you!
Kate-have a great workout.
I am trying to decide on a workout...not sure what I am in the mood for.
Nothinge exciting going on here.

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I didn't check in this weekend. DH and DS hijacked the computer whenever they got the chance. Yesterday we were outside almost all day, and it was SO nice. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Melanie--I'm sorry that your DS didn't seem very happy about the pregnancy. I'm sure he'll warm up to the idea. That's probably just a hard age.

Trish--I read Melanie's post about you testing for 5th's. Is everything OK? I was exposed to that when I was pg with my first DS. A woman at work's son had it, and she brought him to work (lovely). I never got it. I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!!

Kate--I hope you enjoy your day!! I can never make plans for Mondays. I think I'll clean the house today and play with the boys.

Susan--Hope your day goes well. What workout did you decide on?

Hi to Jen, Lisa, Kristen, Candra and anyone else I missed!!! :)

---
So I ate pretty badly yesterday. DH and DSs bought a big bag of taffy and I ate lots of it. It tasted SO good for some reason. Today will be a better day. I did Preggi Bellies this weekend, but I think I want to do something more challenging today. Maybe I'll modify Butts &Guts and just do the Butts portion and the abs portion of Preggi Bellies. I also told DH that I want us all to start walking around the neighborhood in the evenings. He hates walking, though. He loves to jog but hates to walk. Go figure. Well, hope everyone's day goes well!!! :)

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to say a quick hello. I have to take the boys to vacation bible school and then go take the glucose test YUM;) I woke up early with dh and did pp upper body x3. My arms are shaking. I will check back later when I get back.

Candra

Candra,
I have never had the glucose test. Yuk. Just opted out of it, and my dr's have always been okay with it. Good luck!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

susan, Hope you have a good day whatever you decide to do!

Hello Candra, Great WO! I BET you're shakin'! No glucose test here either. My midwives don't have you take it unless you have other risk factors. yay to that!

Stephanie, Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend. I got my PBellies but I need to inflate my stab. ball (the one the dog DIDN'T pop!) some more because I'm not sitting up high enough and its uncomfortable.

Hey Melanie!

Got tons of groceries this morning for the week. It's pretty nice out - maybe after naps we can head over to the inlaws for some swimming! Also went to the chiro to help get rid of this &^*&&% round lig. pain!

Hey!
I decided on Muscle Max. DD is getting some game ready for us to play.
Candra- I hated the glucose test! I had to go back and get tested again then go on a special diet for 3 weeks then all was well. But its gross uh.
Kate Im headed out to get some groceries myself. I need some fresh produce in a bad way. Have fun swimming. I think we'll take off a day of swimming.
Well, its time to play.

Hi everyone--

More cleaning today. Also have to help ds 13 to write up some proposals for his hiking merit badge. He has to do a series of 10 mile hikes and one 20 mile hike (all day hikes). Next week when dh is on vacation, he plans to do 4 10 mile hikes with the 3 older dc (I'm just not up to it:-( ). All I ask is that they leave early so as to be back in time to get some things done around the house. I think this hiking schedule seems excessive, but ds will be doing a 50 mile back pack trip in August and he needs to demonstrate that he can hike 10 miles per day (with 30 lbs on his back).

Okay enough about the minutia of my life.

Kate--whoops! I thought I read poop, not pop. My kids have deflated both of my stability balls by playing on them incessantly--my fault because I don't put them away properly...I'll have to get another one, I suppose, for STS--my list for what I need is increasing--35 and 40 lb dumbells, pace weights, stability ball. I'd love slanted risers and a weighted vest, but I think those things will have to wait.

Melanie--congrats on being smoke free! I quit smoking at 2 years sobriety. I've been clean for 18 years, so I guess that means I've been smoke free for 16 years. I still crave cigarettes sometimes. It was so hard to give up, but so worth it. Sometimes I like to calculate all the money I've saved.

Stephanie--butts and gutts sounds good. I'd probably get something out of the butts part with no weight, considering how much I'm carrying right now. Although I would have to modify those little plie squat jumpy things holding the dumbell, because for now, both legs never leave the ground at the same time;)

Candra--the lovely glucose test! YUMx( :p x( . It always makes me feel a little shaky. Despite my very large babies, I've never had gestational diabetes. I haven't done pp in a while. Maybe time to pull that one out. I'm trying to think of an end of pregnancy rotation.

Hi Susan! Hi Morris! Hi Lisa! Hi Jen! Hi Trish! Hi Kristan!

Hope I didn't forget anyone--not intentional--pregnant brain...

Maggie:)
32 weeks, 8 weeks to go!

Maggie--I'm totally with you on the plie jumps. No way. I'll just do plie squats for those!! That's incredible about your DS's hikes. Wow. I don't think I could ever hike 20 miles -- let alone 10!

Kate--I forgot that I had the same problem with my SBall when I started Preggi Bellies. I had to inflate mine to its capacity.

-----
Some sad news: some neighbors of ours (a few blocks away in our subdivision) had a fire a week or so ago in their house and their house is pretty much gone. I didn't find out about it until several days afterward. I didn't know them, but they have 10 children and I think lost everything in the fire. Blessedly, they all are OK. I've been struggling to figure out ways I could help, but guess a donation is the best route. Can you imagine? 10 kids and no home. Well, didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer. It's just been weighing on my mind. Reminds me daily to count blessings!!

Melanie - I'm sure that's normal for a teenager to not be so excited. How has DH been lately about the pg?

Stephanie - That's so sad about your neighbors. I ate all kinds of junk this weekend also. Back to a better diet today.

Maggie - I've completely stop jumping during my cardio because I feel like my belly is going to knock me over. Seriously, I've never been this big at this stage of pg before and it's something I'm trying to get used to.

Hi everyone else! My mind is drawing a big blank right now. Besides the fact that it's morning here, I had a pretty long weekend. DS was sick with puke over the weekend and we got a bunch of errands done yesterday. We're having houseguests over next week and we're trying to get a bunch of things done. We pulled out our bathroom flooring yesterday so today we'll be laying the new one in. Thankfully that's our smaller bathroom. I did squeeze Kick Max in this weekend and hoping to do ME today. Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Lisa

Susan, We needed produce too - I hit the local farm market - I love that place! I love MM too!

Maggie, ^5 to DS!!! That's awesome! I think I'll have everything I need for STS. Tho there prob. will be some frivolous purchases!

Stephanie, Sorry about your neighbors - how awful. Don't forget about B&G!!!:D

Lisa, I'm feeling some pg modifications coming on too and I am NOT happy about it. The twisting/pivoting stuff is really pulling on my rd. ligaments. Huge bummer. KM has never really clikced with me but I do love the leg conditioning drills. Hope the flooring project goes by uneventfully!

DDs just went down to play Barbies....I think I hear Imax3 calling me!!!

Lisa, somehow it makes me feel better that YOU"RE bigger during this pg. ;) I know that you've been viligent on your eating/exercising. DH has been good about our pg, even told our pastor. He isn't so supportive of my working so many hours & being tired though. Then on Saturday he was vomiting---and I was like, WHAT?!?!?!? When is it MY time to be tired and down?!??!?!

Stephanie, that is awful about your neighbors. :(

Imax 3 + preganancy? Is that even legal?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I just finished Imax 3 (minus the blasts) (some modifying Melanie! the triples around the step bother me the most) and BM2 UB. DDs were perfect the whole time!!! yay! Maybe I'll get a bonus and go to water aerobics or do some Classical Stretch tonight!

Melanie, Glad DH is coming around. ITA about DH being sick. Mine is a TOTAL baby and I actually just leave the house because it unnerves me so much.

popping in to say we have a perfectly healthy baby GIRL! Def. all girl. She was showing her goods. lol I didn't end up doing the bloodwork again because the u/s tech said the baby looked perfect and nothing look off to her at all.

I had to be tested a month ago because my son had it.. I was not immune to it so if I had gotten it would have been very bad for the baby, but the first test was neg. and I should have repeated it 2 weeks ago, but due to insurance switching I had to wait till i was sure Tricare (military insurance) was kicked in. Then at this point the dr. said if I would have shown signes of having it or one of my other children would have gotten it then we def. would have tested again, but since noone else had signs of it and I didn't show signs of it and the u/s was perfect he said he was confident we were in the clear.

I'll be back for personals. I want to lay down. I got a 4 mile run in when i got home and now i need to rest before dinner and then off to karate this evening.

YAY Trish!!!! Have you though of a name for that sweet girl?! GLad all looked well/no 5th disease. Hope you have a nice evening!

I just got back from taking the glucose test. This is the second time this pregnancy I have had to take it b/c the size of my babies. I have never had gestational diabetes so I don't know why they insist on testing me so many times. The girl who drew my blood had no idea what she was doing. She kept tapping my veins and finally she stuck me and it was stinging really bad so I looked over and there was no blood coming out. She says oops I have to try your other arm. It took her about 10min to find a vein. I never had this problem b/f. I wanted to ask for someone else but I didn't want to be rude so I just sat there and got stabbed. Well enough about that

Trish, congrats on a healthy baby! It's such a relief to see them on the ultrasound.

Stephanie, your poor neighbors and 10 kids. Where are they staying right now?

Maggie, wow your ds is doing a lot of hiking. How old is he?

Kate, are you able to still do the high impact? Jumping is definitely out for me. I think I might attempt Low Max this week but Imax 3 is crazy;-)

Melanie, have you heard anything on your house? Hopefully it sells soon so you don't have to work so much.

Hi Lisa, Susan, Jen and Kristan

The boys are begging me to go swimming so I better take them out

Candra

Stephanie--Very sad about your neighbors. What an enormously difficult situation. I hope they are able to get the help they need to get back on their feet. I think a 20 mile day hike is insane. 9 miles is the most I've done in a day--but he's young and hearty, so I say work him like a dog}( }( :7 .

Lisa--I'm glad in a way that I'm not the only one who can't jump. I don't think I'm bigger than before, but remember, I get very big usually--like a 55cm stability ball under my shirt:p .

Kate--I can't do triples around the step. I just substitute walking and end up on the same foot. My workouts are so incredibly wimpy right now--very troubling, but hey, we're doing the best we can and building babies. At least we are exercising and staying in the habit, right?

Melanie--I hate it when my dh is sick--it's worse than sick kids.

Trish--great news on the ultrasound and the fifth's disease. What a tremendous relief. You don't need anything more on your plate right now. A rest sounds nice...

take care all
Maggie:)
32 weeks down, 8 to go

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.