TTC/ Miscarriage Support--- SuperBowl Week

Hello

Hi everyone,

Does anybody has any plans for Valentine's Day?
We will be having a dinner for couples in a local hotel. It's an activity from Church and they will be giving us a conference for married couples. The only thing is that is going to be on the 12th instead of the 14th.

No double lines for me today. I am actualy on day 10 of my cycle and to be honest I am expecting the surge after day 16. We'll see

Melanie, I worked as a general dentist for 4 years but then decided to go back to school and I just completed my specialty in Orthodontics. That is why the baby making section was so delayed. Besides that I have been married for little less than 2 years.

Susan, Dental hygiene is a great program, very well paid too. One of my assistant is actually woking part time and she is just completing her pre requirements to start DH school. Are you an DA already?

Jen, I am sorry about your grandpa. I know how lovely granparents can be. It's a tough decision the one that you have to make, just make sure you spent quality time with him.

No workout for me today. Yesterday I did Power Max from Cardio Hits for the very 1st time and thought that that may be a good workout for a preggo. My HR was not as high as usual since there are no cardio blasts.

Well, got to get ready for dinner. I'll be meeting up with that classmate.
Enjoy the rest of your day

Jen, you're a fellow giant!!!!! :D :D Sorry about your grandpa....that's hard at any age...

Bethany, you around?

Precilla, I know all about saving for family due to college. I was in college for 9.5 years, graduated at 29 with my doctorate degree. I had Jory (he was 4 when I started grad school). It was tough being a mommy & being in school!!! PLUS I lived 100 miles from campus & commuted EVERYDAY!!! I still cannot believe I did it!! I would have NOT been able to do it with more kids though.

With that said, I'm sure I wouldn't have had fertility issues either....if I would have had my children when I was younger. In a way, I feel like I've traded my carreer for a big family :(. Would i have done things differently? I don't know....but I can't turn back.

I've had a pity day for myself. Feeling completely infertile & starting to get pissed!!!!!!!! I really think I"m only going to give it a few more months. I simply do not want so many years b/w my Jadon and the next one. At this rate, Jadon will be in school & I'll be just having another baby. *sigh* It just might not be in the cards. :( I'm sorry, i dont' mean to be a downer. I just have to be realistic and TTC is just so emotional for me. I'm worn out. It's been 3 years. :(

Melanie, sorry you're feeling so down. It only takes one good month to get pregnant though! I hope you are able to find SOME way to DTD at Disney!

Speaking of trips, DH and I are flying to New Orleans to see my brother the weekend of Feb 20-22 (also MartiGras). That will be our birthday(s) and anniversary celebration. I'm excited but also nervous to leave Taylor as I've never been apart from her overnight before. She be fine with my MIL here but we'll see how I do!

Priscilla, DH is a general dentist and the few females that were in his class also were waiting to have kids until they were done...but the ones that went on the specialize like you obviously had to wait another 3-4+ years. Like Melanie said, you can't really go back and say which way is better or worse. However, you just STARTED trying and with the ovulation kit I bet you'll have some good news for us very soon!!:D How did the dinner go with your classmate?

Jen, sorry about your grandpa - it's never easy to see a loved one go. We're here for you!!!

Hi Susan!

Oh, my CF dried up a little the last day or two which is a change...it's been wet/slippery for months now. Hmmm. I've also been breaking out for the first time in awhile so maybe my hormones are doing something!?

I'm off the get ready for work, hope you all have a nice day!

hey guys,
Im stil here hanging in there. AF was due yesterday so I guess Im officiallly 4 weeks. I go back to the dr on the 23rd. I usually miscarry around 6 weeks..so Im nervous!
Im off ot get my hair cut...then come home and take a nap. I have not been sleeping good at all the last couple weeks.

SUSAN ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I have added you to my prayer list. Well, you moved from one to the other. :D

(((((HUGS)))))) Melanie. I know it is frustrating. Wish I had more to offer but feel free to vent to me anytime you want. You know where to find me.

Hi to everyone else.

I'm sorta in the TTC mode. I have my CBEM (Clear Blue Easy Monitor) and we use fertile days, but I am doing my best not to obsess. It is so difficult for me not too obsess. Since the m/c and going back to my old PNV (prenatal vitamin) my cycles have changed. They resemble my cylces before Jordan (who will be 5 in July) with ovulation delayed 4 days and my post-peak (luteal phase) is a day longer. The best part is AF is no longer 7+ days with TEB (tail-end brown bleeding) 2 or more days. TEB may be indicative of low progesterone (my lab values were low normal) or the endometriosis. Oh, and my PMS is not 5-7 days but 1 or 2 with absolutely no FBC (fibrocystic breast changes/disease). So, we shall see. I don't know if or how often I'll join you ladies, but I'm thinking about it.

Last edited:
Hi Autumn..thanks for the congrats!! I must of missed something. i had no idea you miscarried! Im so so sorry. I just figured you hadnt been around much. Hugggs! Please join us here when you can.

Thank you Susan. Last fall, at my 2nd prenatal visit there was no FHT. I had an u/s a few days later which confirmed the m/c. I really handled it better than I thougth I could or would.

Anyway, enough of that, I am super excited for you!!!

Autumn, I'm really sorry about your m/c. We hope you can join us when you are able!

So my blood tests results were normal: not pregnant, not lactating, and thyroid's fine. My midwife called in the progesterone pills and I got them today. I am quite excited to get this ball rolling, finally. I'm supposed to take one pill each day for 10 days. If I don't get a period by day 14, I'm supposed to call the office. DH talked to the nurse so this is all what he told me (I was at work today, he was home). My question is - what happens after I get the period? Should I expect that my cycles will be regular again after that? Should I start temping/using ovulation kits after the bleeding is done? I'm so confused! What if I get this period and then don't get anything the next month or the month after that?? Is it expected that I should keep my appt that I made with the midwife next month?

Thank you Bethany! :)

I would suggest you give the office a call and ask what the plan is. I started clomid after a withdrawal bleed (period). I don't remember if I was given the Rx or if I had to call when I started bleeding. I don't know your history but this seems to be standard in my area. In answer to your question about periods if you get a bleed, well that depends on the cause of your amenorrhea and your individual body.

HEY

Hey everyone,

Well, l received a call from my classmate asking me to meet het at Blue Fish Restaurant. I am not a big fan of Japanese food and I don't know much about it either. I ordered a Tempura Combination but it was so deep fried and bland that I did not enjoy it that much. But I was so glad to see her, she lives about 4 hr from where I live and she has a beautiful 2y/o daughter. Came back home and for some odd reason I couldn't rest enough. I am feeling much better now.

Melanie, I am sorry you are feeling that way but don't get discouraged. I can only imagine how hard it is... because I haven't been TTC for a long time, but we are all here for you and will keep you in our prayers. Enjoy your trip!!! By the way, I read in a previous thread that you are a Pharmacist and wanted to ask you something. I have suffered from acne since I was a teenager. I took Accutane back the, tetracycline, all kinds of topicals (Sulfacet, Azelec etc). Lately I was using Retin A and it was working great but since TTC I decided not to use anymore. Do you know if there is any safe topical medication I can use while TTC or during pregnancy? It's just getting out of control.

Bethany, I am sure you will do fine in New Orleans. I am glad all your blood work came out normal and you are good to go. Thanks for your words, you are right about that, I can't really regret anything. God has blessed so much and if it is meant to be, I will happen sooner or later. What a coincidence, I have found that your DH is a dentist and Susan is in the dental field as well. I must say I love this thread!

Susan, I just woke up from a long nap!!

Jen, any news from your grandpa?

Autumn, Welcome back! I am Priscilla and I just joined this thread a week ago.

Precillia, you are absolutely right about staying away from Accutane & retinoids (RetinA, Differin).

Mineral Make-up is awesome b/c it reacts to your body---as a wick to shiny skin, as an emollient to drier skin.

I haven't looked into Proactive (as seen on TV)'s line...but that might be an option.

Other acne medicine have salicylic acid & benzoic acid. They'd be category "C" and could be used if needed on a short basis..

With that said. I do many things in my TTC period that I wouldn't do if i knew that I could actually get pg/or be pregnant. Since it's been a long drawn out "Season"....I find that it's easiest to just go on as normal, AND IF something happens (pregnancy) I'll adapt into the person I need to be to carry & deliver a healthy baby. :)

Hey everyone! Welcome Autumn! Hope you stick around with us! I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I am happy you feel comfortable posting with us! We are a welcoming bunch here!

Well, grandpa is hanging in there. My mom was able to visit him the last two days and says he is doing pretty well. He continues to be a little sarcastic which is a good sign. But we know the reality is that his body is failing. Now we need to make the decision to either send him to a home or send him home with hospice. A few of us vote for hospice but it is really up to my aunt who is the power of attorney.

However....my mom tells me that my other grandfather (her dad) has a "mild form" (whatever that is) of leukemia. He's been getting a bunch of blood tests lately and they couldn't figure out why he was feeling so bad and now we know. I guess they are going to treat it with meds. He goes back to the dr next week and should know more.

And then....my mom tells me that my brother has been in jail for the past month. Apparently he got picked up on a warrant. Nothing serious but nonetheless...he has 4 children and he refuses to stop breaking the law for the most ridiculous things! We are not close and we do not talk (for many other reasons) but he is still family and I do worry about his kids. His "wife" is garbage (sorry if that's harsh but I would say worse) and has no clue how to be a real mother. My brother was actually a good father to them and now that he has been out of the house I worry how they are being taken care of. But I am not in their life so I can't say or do anything.

Needless to say, this is why I haven't been posting much. Sorry to be a downer but it did help to get it off my chest. I am just taking one situation at a time and letting it all work itself out. There's not a whole lot I can do at this point except support everyone.

Bethany- I am so excited for you that you will start the progesterone! What a relief for you! I hope you start bleeding. I'm not sure how that works but if it were me, I would start temping the first day of bleeding just to see what my body is doing. It might help give you a clearer picture. If you have questions just let me know.

Melanie- I'm sorry you were having a rough day. I still go through bouts of anger and sadness sometimes back to back. I feel kinda hopeless now with everything that is going on around me wondering if this year is really going to be a disappointment. My DH and I had a conversation and we decided that we will try this cycle and next cycle and then if nothing, we are planning a trip to Vegas to party and relax for our anniversary (May 2). See, we got married in Vegas but with all our family and some friends pulling us every which way we never got "our time" together and we never even got tipsy! So we decided that we will go and have fun and relax and who knows...maybe I would end up pregnant. But if not, then we will try again after the trip. But I just can't stop my life for this right now. I understand that you are at a different point than I am but I can empathize with how you feel. (((BIG BIG HUGS))

Hi Priscilla and Susan! Susan, I know I will be nervous when I get pregnant again and reach the week that I m/c also. I am counting on you to help me through it because you WILL make it past your point and have a beautiful little one!

Well, AF is over (thank god!) LOL...Actually it wasn't that bad at all which was a blessing. Now I am looking forward to O'ing. I am going to start taking Mucinex in about 4 or 5 days (unless I see signs of Oing early) because I typically O around CD 17.

Oh heck! Sorry this was so long but I had some catching up to do! Hope you guys are still awake after reading.....

Jen

Jen, it sound like you're in a tough place right now! It sounds like a great idea to get away and celebrate your anniversary. We got married in Vegas too, and I know what you mean about family pulling you in 10 different directions. It was great but not very relaxing or romantic in the traditional sense. My mom and I were just talking about one of my brothers and his kids...I won't get into it either but it's difficult to stand by and know about the way those kids are treated while feeling helpless to change things. (((HUGS))), there are happier times ahead! We have supportive DHs and great emotional outlets: CC and Cathe!:D

Priscilla, don't get me started about acne!:p I can write a book!! My skin went crazy when I was pregnant bc I couldn't use my Differin and birth control, which is what kept things under control. I starting using Proactiv even though it's Benzoyl peroxide (category C) when I was ~3 weeks pregnant and my skin worsened to the point of cysts everywhere! Personally I need a zinc supplement each day to keep the inflammatory acne at bay. After I delievered Taylor I was able to use 10% BP at night and 12% AHA in the morning<the AHA is supposed to be safe during pregnancy and works really well for me. Doing this, I've got ONE pimple on my face right now and I'm used to being clear lately so I feel broken out!:p It could be MUCH worse.

Day 2 of the progesterone today, I'm happy to feel like I'm DOING something. I'm afraid about the weight gain side effect as I'm already feeling insecure... Oh well, it'll be worth it if it restores my monthly cycles again! Autumn, thanks for the info. I guess I'll take this one step at a time...I'm supposed to call them if I don't get a bleed by day 14 (3 days after stopping the pills).

I'm also wondering how this will work when we can actually start TTC bc DH still has such a low libido. He wants sex about once/week. So when I initiate, I end up doing all the work and then feel bad that he's not more into it:(.

Priscilla ~ thank you for the welcome! There is always a great group on this forum!!

Jen ~ thank you for the welcome! I am so sorry you have so much going on. It is very difficult to watch someone you love deteriorate before your eyes. I was 13 when my grandmother died from cancer and 15 when my grandfather died from cancer, and I still - at 38 - remember how much it hurt.

Melanie ~ Will I see you on Fb this weekend for some chit chat? :D

Bethany ~ You are so right..... take it one day and one step at a time. Are you taking progestin or progesterone? Are you supposed to call by day 14 or if you haven't had a bleed by 2 weeks after finishing the meds? I ask because when I prescribed progestin or progesterone challenges, the last pill was my point of reference. If the oral meds don't work, you can be given an injection of progesterone which is what worked for me. I have a very stubborn endometrium. ;)

Anyone here have STS? I completed the first week of Mesocycle 1 this week. I miss my kettlebells though. Plus, I have discovered traditional weight training aggravates my neck & right shoulder but the bells don't. In fact, the bells seem to help my neck/should after I have aggravated them.

Well, I am off to be productive. :p

Hi,
Im just checking in from Mississippi.
jen-Leukemia is what my Nana died from. She was so so tired all the time and at first treated it like anemia. Just about 3 weeks before she died they determined what it was. She was getting transfusions weekly and taking something (not sure) but it stopped making her feel better. Apparently its a type of leukemia that the elderly get.
Im still crampy, so worried. Will keep you guys posted.

Susan, you're crampy? How scarey. Is it better today? I also put you on our church's prayer chain. Hopefully your just reading your body wrong....it's gotta be nerve wrecking to be pg after m/c. We'll help you find some peace........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.