TTC/ Miscarriage Support--- SuperBowl Week

Bethany, I"m sorry. :( What is your BMI? You didn't look overly thin in your picture on facebook. Do you workout alot?

Prometrium (progesterone) is often used to jump start periods---it helps to regulate your periods. It definietly wouldn't be Clomid.

I'm sorry you didn't get the workup you were hoping for. I'd follow her recommendations & follow up next month. Who knows? Maybe AF will come before your appt!

Hi Ladies.

I started testing for LH yesterday around 7pm. As I expected it, no surge yet (Day 7). I have to check today, but based on last month,s outcome, it think that I probably ovulate btw days 16-19.
I have been a slacker when it comed to working out. I recently moved to TX and haven't been able to workout as I should. Moving is a nightmare!!
I managed to work out for 1 hr today (Double cardio step from 4DS)

Melanie- When are you leaving?? How exciting, I remember taking my oldest nephew to Disney and we all had a lot of fun. Every once in a while he'd ask me when are we going back again (he's 6 yo)

Bethany- It is certainly hard to stop working out for a whole month, maybe you can just modify a little bit. How many days a wk do you workout and for ow long?

Susan- How exciting, I hope we all join you soon. I am the oldest of 5 siblings, have 5 nephews and 2 nieces and another baby girl coming up in March. I can't wait to have a baby. I have been avoiding babies until now due to college but I just finished 2 months ago and I'm ready for it as soon as God allows it.

Got to go,
Priscilla

Susan- I am so happy for you! I'm glad you got started on the progesterone supplements! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months! Please check in with us from time to time!

Bethany- I am sorry about your disappointing visit. Are you still going to look into the herbal assistance? Maybe you can modify workouts like the others suggested. However now that I am thinking about it, my BMI is 20 or 21 and I was able to conceive and I have had periods so maybe this midwife is not as up to date on the knowledge as some others. You do what you think is right. If you want to continue exercising because it makes you feel better than do it.

Priscilla- Good luck! I hope you catch your surge and the eggie! Good job on the workout! At least it was something.

Well----on a happier note-----AF IS OFFICIALLY HERE! I thanked DH for getting the flood gates open. :) (We DTD) I feel miserable or more miserable than I have before with previous AF but it doesn't matter because the witch is here! So hopefully we can get our BFP next month! It's funny because I actually did a harder CC tonight and I felt crampy and icky while running but ignored it. So thanks to DH and Coach Sean! ;)

Last edited:
Melanie I hope youre around this morning..I can't believe it but I forgot to put the progesterone back in the fridge last night so they sat on the counter for 9 hours. Are they still safe to use? I have no idea how I forgot.grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

EDA-nevermind Melanie. I called my pharmacy.

Everyone have a great day!

Last edited:
Jen, I'm so glad to hear that AF started again!!! Maybe this next cycle will be your lucky one after all! Did you ever get some ideas about the CC tracks that are good for your 5K training?

Priscilla, I hope you have good luck with being able to interpret those lines...I used the "Answer" brand and had a heck of a time telling if those 2 lines were the same shade or not...though it could have been tough for me considering I wasn't ovulating! Anyway, I've heard many women who have had great results (getting pregnant on the first or second cycle) using those kits.

Melanie, sorry your fertile time will be when you're at Disney. That does present a problem, doesn't it? Maybe an opportunity will present itself (we can hope, right?;))

Susan, that's great you got the progesterone cream. We are all trying our best to join you soon!:)

Well after venting and a few tears of frustration yesterday I'm much more calm today about my appt. I decided that while I could possibly cut back on exercise, I could/would not stop completely. My BMI is 18, which is the most it's ever been (not pregnant) but I think I've got less body fat and more muscle than when I weighed less bc I can see all my ribs and abdominal muscles. Anyway, I'm healthy right now and I don't really want to change that. So I can either wait the month out and then hopefully she'll put me on the progesterone, or I can go somewhere else to see if I can get on it sooner. Not really sure what to do...

Hope you all are having a great day!

ETA: I asked about the herbal supplements, she said not to do anything until after my next appt in a month. I'm so tempted though, I'm so impatient!

Last edited:
Bethany, BMI of 18 is low. (I'm about 21). It really wouldn't hurt to try to gain a bit more weight to get you around 19-20 BMI range. Have you seen a dietician ever---throughout your healing? A diet rich in complex carbohydrates coupled with a sensible exercise regimen might be a good option. I'm not sure what your exercise regimen is? Maybe you could workout just 30 minutes four times a day. This will be enough to maintain your muscle & cardio intake.

I don't want to get too personal, Bethany. PM, if you'd like. I can offer some more nutrition ideas. ;)

Susan,...what did pharmacy say about progesterone suppositories? How long were they left out?

Jen,....mixed emotions on the AF, I"m sure. How does the flow compare to past?

Precilla, do the lines seem hard to evaluate? The have some that are fairly inexpensive that have smiley faces for positives. I have trouble with the lines! But, it may be that I"m not ovulating either!

Justin has preschool today. We got his Valantines for him....and I got an electric shaver for my 14 year old!!!! I can't believe it! It's so strange...but he has upper lip hair----much of his classmates don't ----it makes him feel uncomfortable. My sweet little boy is growing up. :(

The flow of AF :) is about the same. The cramps, when she started, were awful but they lasted about 24 hrs and then that was it so I can't really complain. I am actually very excited for AF (so is DH) so we can get this babymaking business started! I think DH misses me jumping him all the time!

Bethany- I hope you are able to decide on something to help get AF started for you. I can't imagine hanging in limbo like you are not knowing what to do. I hope we are able to help support you in whatever decision you decide to make about weight/exercise. We are here for ya girl!

Melanie- Awww...he's 14? Those are such awkward years. I love talking to the teen boys that come here and they act all tough but when I get to talk to them, they are usually sweet and so adorable and so full of love. (Can you tell I will be an embarassing mother if I have a teenage boy?) :)

Priscilla- How are the lines coming along? You are much better than me- I could never interpret those things that's why I temp and chart. Wishing you lots of O dust!

Hello to anyone else who may be lurking! Have a great one!

Jen

Morning!
Melanie-pharmacy said they were fine...just needed refridgeration so they would not melt. They were left on the counter about 7 hours and we keep the therm at 67 at night so they were fine. 14 is such an awkard age for boys. They grow up so fast.
Jen-so glad you are feeling better. AF will be gone before you know it.
Bethany-when I was in my teens i was wayyyy too thin. Not sure of my bodyfat%. AF stopped for 2 years then when I finally got a little bodyfat she came back. And when I say body fat I mean just putting on 5 pounds. Women need a little fat to keep our bodies working. I was like 85 pounds and went to 90...Im short though so I sounds worst than it was.
HI Priscilla!
Ok gotta get dd to school and workout.

Bethany, I just wanted to add that you look perfect in your FB pictures. My first impression isn't that you are too skinny. You're petite and cute. ;)

My lightest was 118 with my 5'8" frame in my high school years. I was skrwany. I"m about 130-135lbs now,...which is a good weight for me. I"m much older than you too, in my 20s I was closer to 125 lbs. We hate to admit it, but we just add weight as we age. I'm not complaining...I'm content with being a size 6/8.

In either case, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU BETHANY!!! I hope my earlier post was not discouraging, I would never want to hurt you. ;)

Hi!
I hope everyone is having a good day. Pretty good here. I just got back from the grocery and need to fold some clothes etc.
Everytime I go to the bathroom I expect to see blood. Im prepared for it, but praying it doesnt happen. I hate feeling like that..cant help it though.

Susan, I can imagine how worried you are, it must be such a scary time. And yet, it's so full of hope, too! Any pregnancy symptoms yet?

Jen, that's great your body seems to be resuming normal functioning. You'll be jumping your DH again soon enough!;)

Melanie, that's cute about your 14 y.o. getting a shaver. I'd probably be the embarassing mother to my teenagers too (Jen). You will have quite the age range when your next LO is born!

Thanks girls for your support - it really means so much! I think I'll just wait out the month (which is not easy bc I want to get pregnant, like, yesterday...) and hopefully will get on the progesterone when I go back for my next appt. Melanie, I appreciate your advice and was not offended in the least bit. Thanks for the compliment - no one I know says "you look too thin" at all! When I got pregnant with Taylor is weighed ~86-88lbs. In my FB profile pic she was about 5 weeks old and I weighed 96lbs. Now I'm ~92lbs (at 5'0). I feel so conflicted bc in one sense I still feel "fat" not being in the 80's any more, but on the other hand I have a health care professional telling me to gain weight so that I can get pregnant.

Hi to Priscilla!

Off to get dinner started...

Hi Everyone

How is everyone doing? I have been having fun interpreting those lines for sure. Today is day 9 on my cycle and the 4th time I test, the first 3 times I just saw the test line, but today I saw a very pale pink line (still negative) and I'm wondering if it is detecting small amounts of the hormone.

Melanie and Jen, I saw the Clear Blue digital with the big O circle and the happy face, but it was about the same price for only 7 test, and since it's the first time I use a kit like that and have no idea at all if I ovulate and when it happens, I opted for the First Response kit with 20 tests. AHHH, these lines are playing games with my mind already LOL

Bethany, I order the book you recommended but I haven't gotten it yet, That will keep me busy for a while, I think it has like 500 pages or so. You know what, My sister had the opposite problem with AF, her BMI was to high, she is 5'10" but at one point she weighted 244!! so her AF stopped for 9 months, we all thought that she was going to have problems conceiving but after losing some weight everything went back to normal and now she has 2 boys. It will work out fine, try to follow their recommendations.

Hi Susan, I am also sending a lot of peace your way
Hi Lisa

Well, I don't feel sleepy at all, but tomorrow will be a long day. After work, I will be meeting up with one of my classmates from dental school!!. It's been almost 7 years since the last time I saw her!

Bye,
Priscilla

Precilla---are you a densitst? Susan is going into dental hygeine (I believe).
Those lines will make you look cross eyed!!!!!!:eek:

morning!
Bethany-I am just under 5'1" and my perfect weight for me is 112. I look SICK SICK SICK if I go under that and I have a small frame. We all have our own comfort weight zone and what weight looks good on us. I would worry about you if you got in the 80's .... remember youre not a kid anymore.
Only symptoms I have are major, wicked sore bb's. I never got the least bit nausous with DD, so Im hoping I dont this time.
Pricilla-my plan was to go to DH school this fall....I might have to change my plans for a year now though. I LOVE the dental field!
Melanie-when does af start for you?
Hi Jen!
DD is up and going. BBL

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around much and I might not be able to for the next few days/weeks. Grandpa has been in the hospital and is failing. He has a DNR so we have to decide if we are keeping him in the hospital or let him go home and be comfortable. He is 90 and probably time for him to go but it is still hard all the same.

Priscilla- I have the book TCOYF and I don't think I have actually read the whole thing cover to cover. I used it more as a reference book when I started temping. But I agree that it has a lot of great information!

Temp dropped back below coverline today so I am hoping AF is over. It was short and sweet just like my cycles before (minus the bad cramps at first). I have a strange feeling I might O early so probably on about CD 10 I am going to start the Mucinex to make sure I have my bases covered.

I feel like a giant compared to Susan and Bethany! I'm 5'7" and most comfortable between 130 and 135. I think you, Melanie are closer to my height and weight. It's interesting to hear everyone's height and weight because the pics on FB are hard to gauge. One things for sure- We are ALL hot mammas thanks to Cathe and CC!

Have a great one!

Jen-so sorry about you grandpa. Its sooo hard to lose a grandparent. I lost my nana last week, and I only hope your grandpa goes as peacefully! I was so lucky to have my grandparents as long as I did.
I know I O'd early..around day 10 so just starting bd'ing day 10-20...that should cover it.:p
I just got done with IMAX3 and am aobut to go shower and get on with my day. Hope everyone has a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.