TTC Feb 23-March 1

Thanks all of you for your concern..I really appreciate it. I am about the same. No pain and just what I call heavy spotting. My dr's appt is at 9 in the morning so I should find out what the next step is then. I jsut hope my body takes care of it naturally and I don't need a D&C. I will keep you posted.
Wendy-no, I havent had testing. My age is likely the culprit...and I will most likely not be ttc again. How are things going for you??

Last edited:
Susan - Fortunately, I'm doing fine. I've been so worried about you. I was telling my DH about you and our hearts go out to you. In fact, last night I had a dream about you. I just wish I could do something for you. Many hugs.

Hi all,

I am Melanie(34yo) and new to TTC/MC. This week my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and I had a D&C earlier today. On our first US the baby measured 6wks and didn't have a heartbeat. We went back for follow up Monday and MC confirmed on US plus I was bleeding/cramping by then. We are so heartbroken and will likely not TTC until after May ( I just don't think I can handle it sooner than this) but I wanted to join up w/this forum for support (if that is ok).

Melanie

Ok I am in shock. I just got back from the dr. I am 7 weeks 1 day pregnant. I saw and heard the heartbeat. As of today everything looks perfect. Dr says cervical changes could cause bleeding. I was totally prepared for the sonograher to say nothing was in there and she says..oh theres the heartbeat. I could not believe it.
Weclome Melanie!

susan you just made myday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not to be too nosy....have you had sex lately? when preg the 1st 2x i would bleed every time we had sex. "irritable cervix".

i am sooooo happy for you!

Hey Kate! Had sex on Sunday night and started spotting on Tuesday morning...not sure if it was the cause. I ask if this could be the beginnig of a m/c..dr said he cannot say for sure..but as of now everythign looks perfect.
btw I had a dream about you last night. You called me and we talked about ellipticals.

sorry to butt in here but Susan I am so happy for you!!!!
I have been thinking of you and I said a little prayer for you and your baby last night:D I am so excited that everything is ok

Candra

Susan ~ You made my day!

Melanie ~ I am very sorry for your loss. How are you doing? Welcome to the group!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I am still in shock and not totally convinced everything will be ok. I asked the dr if this was the beginning of a m/c he said there is no way he can say yes or no, but as of today everything looks perfect! So I will just have to relax and not worry..its out of my hands now. It was very cool seeing the heartbeat!

SUSAN - I just read your news - THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Alright, enough of the sex thing for 9 months it's not worth me worrying about you:)

Melanie - Welcome to the group and hugs. I know what you mean about not wanting to think about TTC for a while after a miscarriage. There are soo many emotions and people just don't seem to understand. Fortunately, we do and we're here for you. This group has helped me a great deal and whatever you're thinking, we've probably thought it too.

Sorry to butt into the thread, guys, but I wanted to tell Susan how happy I am that everything turned out OK. I spotted badly with my first boy for nearly the entire first 10 or 11 weeks, and it was due to cervical changes. Seeing that heartbeat is priceless, and I know you are cautiously over the moon! I'll be praying for your little guy or girl. And for you too. :)

Thanks Autumn,
Oh, I am hanging in there. A bit better today. I am very lucky in that I have a very supportive husband and family. Thank you for the kind words and welcome.
Melanie

Thanks for the warm welcome Wendy,

I've been reading, catching up with what's going on in the group. So many of you have had so many struggles. You are all in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Melanie

Praise God!!!!!!!! Susan's baby is doing perfect!!!!! Oh man, that really inspires me, girlfriend!!!!!!!
I know I wasn't going to post,......but I"ve been lurking a bit.

I have a suprise of sorts. I'm ovulating. I'm so excited that I"m actually ovulating. Not that I think I will get pg this month, just excited as I was thinking that I wasn't ovulating at all.

Welcome, Melanie!

Melanie-Im glad you posted. We miss you here! That is great that you are ovulating! I do hope you can catch that egg very soon!

OMG Susan, I am so happy for you. What a blessing! I bet that the fact you heard that little heart pumping just brought a big smile on your face :0)

Melanie, welcome to this thread. I am sorry about your recent m/c. You'll learn a lot here and will find a lot os support. These girls are awesome.

Well, I've been having menstrual cramps all day. I haven't tested but it's not neccesary, tonight I saw the first sign that my period is coming in a couple of hours.
I will have to wait another month to try. I may start tracking my temps, just to make sure I'm ovulating.

Susan I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I understand the feeling of being cautious and that is ok. It is completely normal after all you have been through. But I hope that this one is different for you.

Melanie- Yea for ovulating! I know how exciting that is! I thought I was going to O this month but I FINALLY did. But I don't think we caught the egg so probably on to next month.

Melanie 2-Welcome to the group! I am sorry for your loss and I hope you find comfort and support here with us.

Hi to everyone else!

Hi girls!
Hope everyone is doing good today. So far so good here today. I hope after a few weeks I will not worry quite as much. I know something can go wrong at anytime, but after 12 weeks I will feel better.
Only problem I have now is eating. NOTHING I used to eat sounds good at all. I was not queasy with dd so this is new to me. Everything I never eat sounds good to me now. I made a meatloaf last night and it was great. I never eat beef. Same thing when I was preg with dd..craved beef and chicken grossed me out. A few saltines every few hours makes me feel better too. The dr was happy I was feeling sick..said it was a good sign.
I did Squeeze this morning. I needed to move so bad...havent since i started spotting on Tuesday. But I took it easy and thats an easy peasy workout anyway. Im hoping the spotting is gone for good so I get back to normal.
Jen-thanks so much!!! How are things going with you??
Wendy-feeling good, I hope
Melanie-when do you leave for DW? Anything I can use for a cold sore??
Mealnie2-Welcome again to the group. You will get a lot of support here. The girls are great and very supportive.
Bethany-how are you??
Pricalla-bummer about af...hang in there though...it usually take a few months of trying.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.